Wednesday 25 February 2015

Depression Awareness week 2015


What is depression?

The purpose of this report is through searching online strangely that it is Mental Health week and Depression week. Yes I know Depression is a mental health problem.
Depression like many other health problems and disabilities have a big affect on peoples’ lives mainly when it comes to getting alone with people and coping with all areas of our lives. We can be so easily misunderstood by others for someone we are not. This is because depression is a hidden mental health problem. Everyone in the world has faults we are all to blame for something but not everything but then having disabilities and health problems doesn't excuse us for everything either. Saying that we may not always be aware of the way we may say or and do things, which is where we can make ourselves misunderstood by others. 


As I have said many times on this website before that depression is a feeling of sadness no matter what your life is like. Whether you and others like it or not it’s a part of you, naturally no one likes it why would we? When I say depression is a feeling of sadness it doesn't mean that some is going to have a long face twenty-four hours a day. In fact depression is big fight with a person’s mind to be able to cheer them up. Some do amazing pull through despite of how tough feels to go through it others, it get’s far too much for them to stay alive. Some of us tend to think we can't make it but we do, I've been there myself when either just feels low or if I have been going through crises for example relationship break-up or a death of someone I knew.


Relationships can be a hard one because your partner can think you are someone you are not. I even found for years after my last relationship broke up I put the blame to all myself. I wondered whether or not I did or said anything I was unaware of that seemed wrong unfair to him, even though he was just as bad. In nearly eight years of our break after 13 and half years I have had at least six lots of counselling. I am please to say now I had four sessions left, which I have cancelled due to my work and my new partner and I have moved on now. Now I am all for helping other who is going through not much different to me. Its turns out my last counsellor said I was suffering from Mental abuse from my ex partner who made feel as if everything was my fault yet he could never make up his mind what he wanted.   

How does your counselling work out for you?

I must admit I have not had a bad experience with counselling but there are lots of people who have. There's a big certain that one day but then may be not that the government may cut the funding on these counselling services. This may mean that the hospitals may have their work cut out as far as Mental health problems are certained for eg; Anxiety and Depression mainly for those who lose their benefits when the stress of benefit cuts plays on their Mental health problems. This is one of the reasons why we should be trying harder to save the NHS. 

Due to my work I haven't not got time to attend my next four counselling sessions so they sent me a feedback form. I also wrote to my counsellor to say thank you because she was the one who made me aware I had been going through Mental abuse with my ex partner for 13 and a half years and for a fair few years after we split for good, which had played a  lot on my Anxiety and depression. The last counselling service used to go had they are having changes in their funding for counselling. I had told my counsellor that I am a learning disability and mental health awareness trainer and I told her in the letter how much counselling is needed when there's a lot of people who suffer from disabilities and health problems and there's a lot of people vulnerable to abuse, rape and etc. 


I have had times wishing I wasn't born I have had times when I have felt so down. Silly really because more than likely most times without a reason but I have been lucky to fight through but not many are.
No one is perfect but no one can be blame for everything. Just because you see someone smile it doesn't always mean they are happy but life goes on. If we all went along with long faces twenty – four hours a day we would be misunderstood for completely negative people. The world must be completely sad if we have to show our sadness twenty – four seven to proof our depression. Life is a fight in the mind to get through; just some of us get through others don’t.
Really different people who have depression face different things in their lives. Some sleep for too long, others don’t get enough sleep and others don’t sleep all, with many it can all vary. The same goes for confidence and self – esteem. Some people can bare to not to have anything to look forward for example not being able to bare a day without going to college or work yet others don't have any get up and go yet for some that can vary too.

Even though  Depression awareness was last month, this government still finds a way of making people very depressed whether we have disabilities and other health problems or not. For a least the last six years, there have been more bad news on say people taking their own lives than any other bad news from people losing their benefit to losing their jobs. Depression meaning sadness is more painful to go through pain the stomach. As hard as it is let's not let the government beat us but then that doesn't make the people who we have lost through taking their own lives cowards because are still as brave as us. It's just some of us can take more than others.

 http://www.straitstimes.com/news/opinion/more-opinion-stories/story/my-friends-tragic-run-depression-20150313 
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/03/21/suicide-isnt-painless/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/asda-knife-aisle-suicide-shopper-3285462#rlabs=2
http://ow.ly/KGu0J
http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurasilver/this-is-what-depression-really-looks-like
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronation-street-actor-trevor-smith-5395327?ICID=FB_mirror_main
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/depression-isnt-what-you-think-it-is#.wwxPL46lM7

No comments: