Monday 25 May 2015

My experience of having disabilities and health problems.

When it comes to access services I have there can be a lack of communication and understanding. In my opinion may it’s me but it seems as if one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Managers should inform staff at all times of rules and changes to their services. Surely there’s not more than one answer to one question. For example; can you help me fill my benefit form please? Nine times out of ten you get yes from one person and no from the other. Then they may tell you the place down the road with help you. You try the place down the road for them to send you on a wild goose chase or and to send you back where you were in the first place.

When I was younger I have had employers dishonest with me, when I have already made them aware of my disabilities and health problems. In the interview they have told me that they would take me on board but then when they have seen me work, they have changed their mind. I have already told them I am a slow worker and I will find it hard to complete a job at a certain time but they only refused me when they saw me work. At the time I was on schemes, they have even put me down in front of my training officer. On top of that it does not only know that failed the job but there attitude, tone of voice and a feeling that they didn’t like me. I understand no one is not a success in everything, that’s impossible but there’s only so low one can make a person feel in them. I found it hard to believe in myself for long time. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-31838006
https://www.facebook.com/jsuknews
http://www.thepowerofdyslexia.com/dyscalculia/

 When you have disabilities and health problems you are limited to choice, freedom and control of your life. What those limit are depending what kind of disabilities and health problems you have and how they affect your life. The barriers I have had to face are not able to drive, marry and have children. I am not saying that’s all there is to life and that’s all the barriers I have had to face but it’s just some of them. Whether I would have liked those things or not isn’t beside the point. My disabilities and health problems have taken away those choices from me whether I like it or not.

Going to another county would be another hard barrier for me, busy airports, too much information and too much jargon and risks of missing my plane. It would be a huge task for me to cope in a strange country without any support.

No comments: