Friday 25 February 2011

Introduction to me, learning disability and Autism.

This piece of writing isn't only introducing me, learning disability and Autism. It's introducing the book I want to write on the topic of learning disability and Autism. I started off writing short stories then poetry at the age of 27. I have had a poem published in one each of eleven books, wrote the odd Newsletter reports for a Disability Social club I used to go to in 'The Happy Society in Wolverhampton, another Charity I used to work for called Compton Hospice I did this with family support. I been on a fare few Creative writing course, Script and Screen course in March 2009, Creative writing course supported by Mencap December 2009, Helped out with Penn Hall Special school helping the children with them creating their own Superheroes.

Not forgetting the work I do in the field I'm writing the book about. I mostly speak up for the rights of LD and Autism.I'm a Self - Advocacy group Supporter for Our Shout Self - Advocacy group supported by Royal Wolverhampton Mencap.
As a Learning Disability Awareness trainer I used to have my own small business for a short while called Access All Areas Now!, which shared with Jessica Bromley another person with disabilities. We couldn't get the work, not enough support through the cutbacks and Learning Disability Awareness is still a new field to a lot of services so it's not an easy one to market. We were only earning £20.00 per session due to our benefits.Add on to our pilot, we only earned £80.00. I know it was hard going but if only we there was enough support to keep it going, I was still willing to carry on and Jessica was in two minds because she had a lot more other pieces of work than me and didn't time to run it with me.

I'm 41 yrs old, I been writing since I was 23 at the beginning of 1993. I just started started to recover from Cancer of the Throat. I was staying with my Gran. I was watching a report on the ten O, clock news when I had heard the Elderly and Disabled homes closing, which upset me badly. This made me think about the writer Charlies Dickens who wrote about children who were orphans. I gabbed a pen and paper because I was board. Listening to the news made me want to write about people and animals worse off than myself. I wanted to raise money to the ones than need it most but through what I earned with my writing. This is still what I'm working towards now at the age of 41. My aim has always been to write about any subject that comes to mind and work hard to interest my readers the best I can.
I haven't had a great deal luck having support for writing and publishing. It would be most helpful to know what you think this piece of writing thank you. sarajgorman@googlemail.com or on Facebook sarajanegorman@gmail.com

I'm hoping to introduce myself as a person as well as a person with Autism other learning disabilities and a writer. At the same time I will work hard to interest my readers. I started writing this book as my life story 18 years ago, which hasn't been published. Now I thought about linking up the Autism with it, which is the main the learning disability I have to live with. Autism is a disability hard to understand and the world needs to understand it more. As for writing my first book, I feel it's important for my readers to get to know me first. This book is about the past, present, future dreams and to help others like me as well as worse off than me.

I just may not get published as the publishing field is very hard but even harder when you have disabilities and not the right support.
My idea of writing this book is for readers who are interested in learning disability and Autism, people themselves, families, carers, friends, students and people who work in the field of learning disabilities. I Will be also linking this to my life story. I understand that's there's people worse off but I want to help to things better for like me than what I had and I have got.

I will tell you how Autism and my other disabilities have affected my life. We understand the world isn't perfect but we should be able to access more than what we do. We understand that today's cutbacks is making life even harder. I will tell you the good and the bad from my experience but I dare say there are other people and writers like me who experience different things.

Most of can't live an equal life to other people going through nursery, school, college, work, home, family, friendships, relationships and etc.I want to work hard to see that people with LD are able access as many things as possible with the right support. Life is hard for you but there a lot of things we can't access without support.Most of us can't live equal lives because we are over protected by society.

When I say about learning disability and Autism many people like myself have other disabilities as well as Autism.
The world is either a lonely or over crowded place, which many people like myself with Autism find hard to cope with.
I will do my best in this book to tell you what expect from people with disabilities and Autism from my own experience but others like me or not much different may tell you some different about their experiences. If you look at different websites of Autism there are different kinds of Autism. Bare in mind that someone with the same Autism as me may not experience the same things so it is and isn't depending on what kind of Autism people have got. WWW.nas@nas.org.uk that's the National Autism Society.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason
seemed to be at the internet the simplest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst folks consider issues that they
plainly don't realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Here is my web page ... clear