Sunday 21 September 2008

ABOUT MY POEMS.

You may wonder why I write about love a lot in my poetry.I started writing poetry in 1997 at the age of 27 nearly 28. My relationship had broken up with Anthony very badly at that time.
Not every poem is only about Anthony, there are poems about many other friendships and relationships too. ( The good and the bad times.)

One day I was walking along Bilston college library, looking at poetry books without planning to. Suddenly I found myself reading John Keat's poems, his work was connected with what I was going through at the time. I studied his worked and wrote my own poems, which helped me learn how to come to terms with my break down over my relationship at that time. When I think about it now I shouldn't have taken it as hard as I did but If I didn't, I question would I have written poetry? To be truthful, I don't know.

I do write about other things but I sent a lot of work off to publishers, they chose my love poems. The publishers I used was Poetry Now. They wanted me to write about people homeless at Christmas, so i wrote The Youngest Mind, which isn't not about me, it's about what could be going through the minds of homeless people not just at Christmas but all year round.


These poems haven't just been written. my last poem was published in 2002 and first was published 1998. I haven't given up poetry, I just haven't had luck with publishing since my first publishers charged too much.

No comments: