Wednesday 8 August 2012

Up dating a five year diary.

I stopped writing my diaries back 2007 when my Grandmother died and my last relationship broke up on the same year. The great thing was that I had a new job that kept me very busy, which was Royal Wolverhampton Mencap as a Self Advocacy worker for Our Shout and Learning Disability Awareness trainer. With my Grandmother's death and the break up of my ex boyfriend I don't know what I would have done without Mencap and Our Shout. 2007 was a strange year looking back there were good and bad things happening at once. My ex boyfriend me breaking up was a good thing in the end but I will never stop missing my Grandmother. Before May 2011, work was coming in like anything, my diary was full and meetings were clashing. Ever since May 2011, not a lot of work at all through the cut backs. It started off that I lost my small business Access All Areas Now! Mencap supported me and someone else with learning disabilities to have, which only lasted 12 mouths due to the cuts.

From last Christmas I started to to get myself on courses to try and get me back to work, which is now still going on. Before then I was just going into depression and receiving counselling. Now I am starting to look on the positive side by doing Self Advocacy and Learning Disability awareness non paid for Wolverhampton, which is for women who have faced abuse one way or the other. As a person with disabilities whose faced crime, it's not much different when abuse is one of the crimes I have faced. Crime is hard for all people, we all need emotion support but people disabilities and health problems even more so mainly when you have Anxiety and depression without anything to be upset about. Like I said in my last blog unless you face these things yourself it's hard to understand and believe.

What has happened in the last five years? Not a lot really other than trying to get some admin experience, I haven't been able to get Admin experience other than a placement that only lasted 3 mouths but that was long before 5 years ago. I need this for my Self Advocacy and Learning Disability Awareness so I can type my own training packages and plan my sessions. I haven't long passed my Entry Level ITQ computer course and I am now working on Level one.

In  the past 12 mouths or so the government has cut back on things deeper and deeper. When thing about it's always been there. I even heard as a child on the news someone saying the richer are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. It's hard to say whether yesterday was harder than today or today is harder than
yesterday. There again we should be happy with what we have got the world isn't all black and white. Nothing can be good all the while nothing be bad all the while. It would be a boring world if it was all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it
has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to give a contribution & help different customers like its aided me. Great job.

My homepage: www.burpandslurp.com