Friday 3 February 2017

My Long – term conditions.


My name is Sara Jane Gorman; I was born with my long – term conditions nearly forty – eight years ago. Due to the fact that very little was known back then I haven’t been diagnosed but my family members have read up over the years about long- conditions to find Epilepsy, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Mild Autism and ADHD match up to me, which wasn’t really was when I was born. Epilepsy was but there wasn’t a lot about it. I did ask my GP about getting diagnosed but she said there wasn’t any funding.
 Dyspraxia is a much hidden physical disability; I can’t do things like cooking, sewing or cut my nails.

I have mostly had my family to support me with my long – term condition but mostly I live with me myself. It has taken me a lot of years to accept. I admit I used to make out I hadn’t got it as a child and teenager because naturally wanted to be like everyone else since then I have learned I am but just needing the right support.

When I was on tablets for Epilepsy, the tablets made me more shaky and clumsily, I find it’s less when I’m not on medication, made me feel very depressed, fur straight ed and Anxious, which used happen more as a child teenage but throughout my adult I have accepted my disabilities and health problems. 
I also have Anxiety and Depression, which I can feel angry and depressed at any time whether there's reason or not. I tend to panic and worry over things that are more often than not as bad as it seems.

Back in 2007 to 2011 I was working member of a Public Advocacy group called Our Shout and I spoke up for the rights of disabilities and health, then I became a group supporter of the group. I used to plan, set up meetings, take the minutes and plenty of other things too.

In 2012 I was a trainee Basic Admin for an Advocacy service called One Voice, which was Private Advocacy, then in April 2013 I trained as an Private Advocacy worker, then 2015 I became a Visting Lecture of Learning Disability and Mental Health Awareness trainer for the Unversity by me, which I still am today. I have found by doing these things has helped me set up Always Learn About Disability + Never Judge Disability with Tim, even though he's stepped down to relief Admin but he created the group. This has helped me to realized that I'm not alone and plenty you on this face the same if not, not much different to me.

No one has to but if anyone can please make comments, likes or and share to this link and or even tell your stories others can share, make comments, likes, share or and tell their stories, thank you Sara ( Head Admin. This also will be added to Friendship and Chatting too.  

When I was a child I could have done with physic to help me to grip things stronger, I could have done with it from a very young age. 

No comments: