Tuesday 10 October 2017

Poetry page . 2017.

Fighting with my mind.

Every day I fight with my mind, it's a case of taking one day at a time.
Forty old years I have been fighting with my mind, which is near enough all my life.
I smile, I'm grateful for my life but it doesn't mean I'm always fine.
Now that I'm older I live with my feelings and emotions and try my best to accept the way life is.
At one time I would cry but now I don't do it like I used to.
No problem I have is going to get the better of me.
I know it's easy to say to others just get on with life but I won't, I was there once and I haven't forgotten, I just now cope with it in a different way than I used to and never tell others how to cope. 11.10. 17.

It's been over a year since I wrote poetry.

It seemed so long ago yet now as long as it seems, it's like I forgotten how to write.
I have forgotten how good it feels to type.
Now that you are out of my site and out my mind.
Never thought I'd be back to me again living my life.
I don't know how I ever thought that you were my type.
Hard to believe getting over you was such a fight.
Like a long sleep and a long nightmare of my life. 11. 10. 17

Another year nearly over.

Another year nearly over, coming and going out of nowhere and handy any chance to write.
Another year older but hopefully wiser as a writer but never a stone lighter.
All the same, I hope I'm a fighter. 11.10. 17

No comments: