Saturday 25 August 2018

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

No automatic alt text available.  I know it's not easy to think positive of yourself when having disabilities etc because most people tend to think of us not able to cope the same way as them when it is really is and isn't true. All different ways some of us more than others just need the right support to get where we are able or and are wanting to get in life. We know it's not in everyone but people without disabilities etc need to spend more time supporting people like us to move forward rather than spending too much running us down talking about the negatives to how our disabilities etc affect our lives.

I feel now that my job is as an Admin to tell my members on my Facebook groups and other people with disabilities etc, as also a Mentor to help you with the positives of life. I know as a person with disabilities myself it's not easy to get through life when the disabilities etc can slow you down but we need to tell those who don't face what we do that people with disabilities etc don't have all negatives in life just like they don't have all positives in life.

I left school with no qualifications and if I am honest when I walked out the school gates in 1986 at 16, I no education whatsoever. Now in the last 32 year since I left school, I have learned more than I ever did from say when I was 4 and a half to 16 years of age. At the time I left school there weren't handy services etc to help me to achieve my qualifications and get work like other people did but somehow I worked for and got my qualifications in college, great support from tutors, which was a huge difference to the support I had at school but I was never aware of Mentoring which I have achieved today, I have chosen Mentoring so I can help people with disabilities etc achieve positives all areas in life just careers in ways that weren't around for me.

Due to my Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, my tutor who gave me feedback on my Mentoring qualification said I need to gain planning, organizing skills and need support in the workplace but I am a good listener, adviser etc. 

No comments: