Saturday 12 October 2019

Dyspraxia needs to be taken seriously.

My name is Sara Jane Gorman, I used to work for a Public Advocacy service called Our Shout Wolverhampton supported by Royal Wolverhampton Mencap. Now I work for the University Of Wolverhampton as a Vist Lecture educating and training Student Learning Disability nurses around Learning Disability and Mental Health. For a very short time, I shared a very small business well Enterprise with someone with learning disability from Mencap, we were called Access All Areas Now and we were Learning Disability Awareness trainers and I achieved my level 1 and 2 Mentoring qualification from January 2018 to June 2018, received my certificates in 2019.

I was born in 1969, with a lack of oxygen to the brain, therefore, I was a child of the 70s, a teenager of the 80s and a very young adult of the 90s and I'm now 50 yrs of age. Very little was known so there was very little support or none at all. Therefore there was no diagnose of what my problems were and to be for the rest of my life but as years went on there started to be plenty of research. Both I and my family knew the difficulties I faced. My family mainly watched films, read books etc to find certain difficulties I faced were named but not 100 percent sure, which is why whatever you face it's important but not always possible to get diagnosed as early in life as possible. As I have said in so many words I have never been diagnosed because my problems were unknown in the early stages of my life which makes me want the opposite for others today and in the future.

These problems I face Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and Epilepsy.

For the last seven years, I have been working for the University Of Wolverhampton, it's been a great experience still teaching and training the Student Learning Disability nurses around learning disability and mental health. I became a visiting lecturer in  January 2015.

Dyspraxia needs to be taken more seriously, it's not an illness or disease, it's long-term condition and learning difficulty that can affect people physically and mentally but mostly physically. It's hard to see because most people with Dyspraxia can walk and talk. With the right support, people with Dyspraxia can have equal lives for other people. People Dyspraxia can have careers just with the right support and right jobs for them and the same with other parts of life really.
However' it's important to expect anything from anybody, I can only speak from my own experience, it could well vary from person to person, not be the case for every facing the condition facing the same or all the same problems.

I feel it's important that people with the condition get a lot of support but due to funding and that it's not always possible. However' some may need more support than others.

My reasons are because Dyspraxia has been a huge effect on me having a  physically more so than mentally, such as trying to do up shoelaces, zips, buttons, etc. It's affected me from having children, which was very furstraighting when I was in my mid-teens to twenties etc. Babies do riggle and not excepted to wait until for example; you have put their right feet in the feet of their baby grow lol, which seems hard to explain in writing, meaning I'm not physically strong, mentally strong in some areas but not in others. 

1 comment:

FLORES said...


I want to give a big thanks to a great spell caster commonly known as DR TAKUTA for the great spiritual prayers he did in my life by bringing my ex-lover back to me after many months of breakup and loneliness. With this, I am convinced that you are sent to this word to rescue people from heartbreaks and also to help us get the solution to every relationship problem. for those of you out there who have one relationship problem or the other why not contact DR TAKUTA. that is the best place you can solve all your problems, including a lack of jobs and promotions, binding and marriage spells, divorce and attraction spells, anxiety and depression problems, good luck and lotto spells, fertility, and pregnancy spells, and also the business success and customer increase, winning court cases and many more. contact him at takutaspellalter@gmail.com or contact mobile contact +27788634102