Friday 3 June 2022

Awareness of disability, mental health and talent

 Do you share this experience of the same or and different or do you know anyone who does?

The purpose of this report is to raise awareness by letting you know that people with disabilities and mental health have minds, thoughts, ideas, etc just as much as everyone else does, most if not all of us may struggle to express what we are thinking in the way others may understand. This mostly means the right support needs to be around for those who may need it and who may want it.

For example, most of you may can see my blog, etc, since I was 23, now I am 52 nearly 53, that is for 30 years nearly I have been wanting to be a writer. Having ideas etc is one thing but spelling, grammar, etc is another. Now don't think just because whether people comment or not, puts me off writing this blog, it does not despite of the difficulties I face. Not just with this blog, I have a word processor too on pc, etc but with the right support, I feel I will get by. I face Dyslexia and Dyspraxia, which can affect my spelling, grammar, etc but not necessarily my thinking it just may not be understood on paper, etc. This makes me wonder if I am going to get published or not, I guess many others who face similar wonders themselves, which raises concerns to wonder whether or not we are going to see our work shown to the world or are we going to be discovered when we are no longer on this earth? 

However' find poetry is a bit easier for me to write than short stories etc. Now I guess most people may be thinking, which you will be right but also when having disabilities, mental health, etc for most of us, certain support we need like, easy reading, accessible information, etc, we cannot always access. Yes, you would be right to say you need to read and write every day to be a writer, which I try my best to, such as watching things on tv, online, etc but not everything is accessible. 

If anyone faces similar issues or and knows anyone that does, please feel free to give me a comment on this website. What I face is an example but someone else may face things in a similar way such areas say, drawing, painting, etc.  We must remember that it is probably not just people who with disabilities, and mental health who may face situations like this but other people too. 

No comments: