Saturday 27 October 2007

TRYING TO BE AWARE OF AUTISM.

Things may have come a long way to how to they used to be but we have still got a long way to go. We need to keep working on improving understanding Autism, we will never stop.
Most people in this society either except more of you or they think you are not all there at all. It's possible that some people see people who can walk and talk as having a disability. When you have Autism you are just a bit slow that's all. When you have Autism you get misunderstood because you don't learn as quick as non - disabled people. A lot of non - disabled people think you don't know anything at all because it could take you longer to learn things. People with other disabilities can have the same problems in difference ways. Non disabled people need to study more into what to except out of people with disabilities.

we need learn things in our own speed, otherwise there's no chance of us learning at all. Once we get used to doing things for a long time, we will speed up in our own speed. Let's get with it for at the of the day, that's only we will learn. Until one day we could go to sleep doing whatever without you expecting it. We can't always learn quick enough mainly when it comes to learning new skills. For eg I can take ages to open really tight jars because my hands won't let me grip quick enough.

Most people tend to forget that a disability could have happened to them, if that would have been the case, they would have known what it's feels like, you feel as if you have been pushed out of society. Lack of Communication and understanding seems to be a big problem. My question is. Are people with autism lacking communication and understanding or have most non - disabled people have a communication and understanding problem? All we need is time, if we receive time off you, you will receive time off us. Please email your comments to me on sarajgorman@googlemail.com or Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com .

One thing in life, people with Autism find it hard to live with is change or even change route. I feel ashamed to say that that always has been with me, I guess it always will do. If anyone took me away from a place and surroundings where I was happy, then it would upset me for a long time to come. I remember been very unhappy at Boarding school because not very nice things happened there I never got believed about. Once the weekend came I used to go home. I was happy, I was with the people I knew who were my family. From going home on a Friday night after school, I had to go back to Boarding school on Sunday nights, I used to play up because I felt as if I came out of the light into the dark as if people were strangers to me.

Route and change problems that people with Autism find it very hard to grew out of. As I am getting older, I'm trying very hard to cope with it but it's not very easy. Whether I can work on it or not I don't know will I or is that me for the rest of my life? I would like to support others all ages that go through the same thing, their families and carers too.

Another big problem of mine was I was always scared of missing out on things when I was a child. If the family friends round when it was bed I wanted to join. I used to play up because I had to go to bed. Please send an email if you experience the same thing whether you are the person with Autism, family members, carers or friends. perhaps you have had these problems yourself as a child or you possibly still do. Do you know someone who did or and had these problems whatever the age? Whatever you know about Autism, I would love to hear your story. It would be great for us to talk to one another perhaps we'll find ourselves helping one another. Same email address for everything or my Facebook on Sarajgorman@gmail.com or and sarajgorman@googlemail.com.

No comments: