Sunday 28 October 2007

WHAT MAY NOT HELP YOUR AWARENESS

people autism who are on certain tablets for example, very strong tablets can cause very dangerous side -affects. Saying that these affects can happen to you even if you don't have autism. Doctors should put you on the tablets that are right for you.

You could find that these tablets affect your ability,which could be a scary and dangerous experience for you like it was for me. From walking the street around hours on end, you lose your sense of direction and suroundings . I have been close to have been getting run over by a car because of the tablets making me unaware. Sometimes we don't realise what a big wide world it is, it can be dangerous if that. It's as if you are always in a black out all the while. To society you as if you are going round the bend, which are when walking round for hours not understanding where you going, what you are doing, not knowing whether you are going the right or wrong way. These things can happen to you unintentionally, a lot of people don't understand that. It's as if you plan your life to be this way but you don't. People who don't know and understand people with disabilities, tend to give us a hard time. May because we don't look the same as them and we do and don;t do things that they haven't experienced. If you come across people experiencing what I have experienced, don't give them a hard time, support them. If they look lost, confused, upset or and they look as if they are in danger, if you have time on your hands take them where they need to go or find someone who can help them.

Once someone tells you about something you have been doing or not doing that your not aware of when you come round and someone tells you what's happened, it's very upsetting because that isn't the real you. May be it affects you when you don't have your tablets. Everyone is difference, good job we are otherwise it would be a boring world.

I found the tablets I was taking in those day made me feel sleepily in the day and hyperactive at night, I guess these were a few of the side -affects from the old tablets. It's as if you have had a operation and the hospital has let you out right away to find your own way in the world.

The tablets in those days were very powerful and strong, I think I was on the wrong tablets because they were too, my fits have always only been very mild. For eg, Strong tablets are too strong for people who have mild fits, which causes people dangers to themselves and others through no fault of my own. The name of the tablets were called Phenobarbitone. I guess I was taking them three times a day, I think they were about 300mg to 500mg, I may well be wrong.

If you are supporting anyone with these problems, it can be worrying for them and for you. If at all possible may be you could keep a diary on how the tablets are affecting the person's every day life, may be you can support them to see their doctor or and drop me an email if you need someone to talk to. May be I can try to support you on finding some information, websites, emails, advice and etc. May be it might be a case of changing their tablets or like in my case it was talking me off the tablets altogether. Which ever way it is, you may be able to see a difference in the person's awareness and ability. Sarajgorman@googlemail.com or Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com.

The tablets that I am on now are called Lamotrigine, they are only 100mg which I only take one twice a day. These tablets are very mild, I don't get the same problems as I used to get these day. I learn better and I am now more aware of the world around me than what I used to be.

No comments: