Tuesday 26 August 2014

CREATIVE TANENTS



Over the years society have been looked at disabled people as useless and a danger to society. Even though things have improved to what they were, society still discriminates disabled people. A lot of us face many problems with things like numbers and letters but lot of us have our own creative talents in us as much as non disabled people do. A lot of famous people with disabilities such as painters for eg; never got believed until they died. That's why a lot of them were never famous until they died.If you have any kind of disability with any kind of talent please don't hide it, show it on sarajgorman@gmail.com or Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com. Perhaps I can help to get website, email addresses if you want my help.
We may well be a bit slower that's all. For example that I am dyslexic but my talent is learning how to write short stories, poetry, drawing and paint. As i told you when I when I first started writing this site, I take part acting the play and help writing the script, I even wrote the Employment play though. I have passed a few exams when I was in college for my writing.
I did start a drawing and painting course at Old Hall Street but I have got so busy with Mencap, I haven't had time to go. I have mostly done my drawing and painting at home, a load of paintings are in the draws and cupboards because I seem to be helping Mencap out, I will find time for both somehow. I am doing my Drama classes at Wolverhampton Art Centre with Mencap though.

Two years ago an employment psychologist had said to me. "If you have dyslexia you can't write short stories and poetry. " " In fact you can't read and write when you have dyslexia". " Yes I can, I've just just signed a form for you." He didn't know what to say, his a face went like thunder. I felt as if he had discriminated me. I told him most people with dyslexia can write and read things the wrong way round and very small print can jump off the pages.




Kermit the frog



Freddie Mercury


Mona Liza



Tim Hodge



No comments: