Monday 10 July 2017

Epliespsy page.

people autism who are on certain tablets for example, very strong tablets can cause very dangerous side -effects. Saying that these effects can happen to you even if you don't have autism. Doctors should put you on the tablets that are right for you.

You could find that these tablets affect your ability, which could be a scary and dangerous experience for you like it was for me. From walking the street around hours on end, you lose your sense of direction and surroundings . I have been close to having been getting run over by a car because of the tablets making me unaware. Sometimes we don't realize what a big wide world it is, it can be dangerous if that. It's as if you are always in a black out all the while. To society you as if you are going round the bend, which are when walking around for hours not understanding where you going, what you are doing, not knowing whether you are going the right or wrong way. These things can happen to you unintentionally, a lot of people don't understand that. It's as if you plan your life to be this way but you don't. People who don't know and understand people with disabilities, tend to give us a hard time. May because we don't look the same as them and we do and don;t do things that they haven't experienced. If you come across people experiencing what I have experienced, don't give them a hard time, support them. If they look lost, confused, upset or and they look as if they are in danger, if you have time on your hands take them where they need to go or find someone who can help them.

Once someone tells you about something you have been doing or not doing that you're not aware of when you come round and someone tells you what's happened, it's very upsetting because that isn't the real you. Maybe it affects you when you don't have your tablets. Everyone is the difference, good job we are otherwise it would be a boring world.

I found the tablets I was taking in those days made me feel sleepily in the day and hyperactive at night, I guess these were a few of the side -effects from the old tablets. It's as if you have had an operation and the hospital has let you out right away to find your own way in the world.


The tablets in those days were very powerful and strong, I think I was on the wrong tablets because they were too, my fits have always only been very mild. For eg, Strong tablets are too strong for people who have mild fits, which causes people dangers to themselves and others through no fault of my own. The name of the tablets was called Phenobarbitone. I guess I was taking them three times a day, I think they were about 300mg to 500mg, I may well be wrong.

If you are supporting anyone with these problems, it can be worrying for them and for you. If at all possible maybe you could keep a diary on how the tablets are affecting the person's everyday life, maybe you can support them to see their doctor or and drop me an email if you need someone to talk to. Maybe I can try to support you in finding some information, websites, emails, advice and etc. Maybe it might be a case of changing their tablets or like in my case it was talking me off the tablets altogether. Whichever way it is, you may be able to see a difference in the person's awareness and ability.Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com.

The tablets that I am on now are called Lamotrigine, they are only 100mg which I only take one twice a day. These tablets are very mild, I don't get the same problems as I used to get these days. I learn better and I am now more aware of the world around me than what I used.

What doesn't help our behavior problems are, lack of sleep, diet and we feel tense?
We need to cut down on maybe salt and sugar for sure because most of us with autism suffer from been hyperactive. If only my family knew in my childhood what they know now, maybe everyone would have had some sleep. Maybe not in my case as a child.

What people didn't know during in my childhood over twenty years ago, I needed exercise and I needed something to relax me. If you are like how I used to be or you may know someone who is, maybe that's the support what's needed for you or and whoever. Maybe I can look for websites that try to support Autistic children, teenagers, adults, their families and carers if you want me to. If you are supporting and caring for someone with autism in one way or another, you are welcome to contact me or and Mencap, we could get you on to other places if you want if our support isn't good enough. You could be a family member, a carer, even a support worker or a friend to them. Please email me on Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com. Perhaps I can get you some websites, email addresses and etc if you want my support.

I have heard that there are disability nurses in school but I am glad to say that they were there that in my day, sorry I sound really old. It is true how things have changed so much in last twenty to thirty yrs or so. There are also things that never have changed or and even never will.

My weight and height were always checked. I was always too fat or too thin but never Anorexia or obese, or if you know what I mean. I don't think they never knew what eating disorders
were. Perhaps they had heard of Anorexia but not obese. Nine times out ten we are either underweight or overweight, that's all they knew. I think we knew about Anorexia which is underweight but not Obese which is overweight. I believe now that we do know, everyone should have check ups, mainly people with disabilities. Nine times out of ten people with disabilities have health problems so their weight isn't the only thing to think about.

For eg I was hyperactive as a child, I must admit I was to blame there. I did enjoy my sweets, cakes and etc too much. It shows that in those days there was very little education given to adults about what's good and bad for children. My family was very good but society didn't really tell them about children who had disabilities at that time. Mind we didn't know a lot about anything in those days.

'd also be interested to know how adults and teenagers coped with their disabilities yrs ago. Did they have carers because if they did, there weren't a great of support for the carers either? If you find anything out about the lives of people with disabilities in the past, please drop an email on sarajgorman@google.com or Facebook sarajgorman@gmail.com. Thank you very much if you would like to share stories with me. We can share a lot of our own experiences if you are happy to do so. Something you have read, seen or saw may have caught your eye, which could be something to do with what I write about on this website. If you would like to email me, you can write to me about what you want.

I have told you what happened in my childhood what has changed. What about the things that happened to people with learning disabilities before people like myself now were even born? It can be about children, teenagers and adults in those times over any subject. For eg People with disabilities weren't allowed to live alone, I don't think there were support workers to support them. Sadly a lot of them live in homes, hospitals and etc because not a lot of their families may not be able to cope with them.

With me it could also have been the heavy tablets I was taking at that time. I couldn't pay attention to anyone or anything in the day but as high as a kite keeping everyone awake at night. I was also suffering bad behavior problems, which could have been another thing my tablets could be to blame for. Someone else whose suffering the same thing as me as what I did, their effects could be caused by certain foods for eg. Maybe some people suffer their effects without their certain medicines and food. Like I have said it would have been a boring world if we would have suffered all the same things. Having said there are other effects as well as behavior problems, hyperactive, lack of communication and understanding. There other causes of these effects I guess as well as tablets and food. I would be so grateful if someone could send me an email if they found anything, thank you so much. sarajgorman@gmail.com.

What do we learn from experiences from the past for the future?
Find out how medicines and foods can affect different people's health problems and disabilities? Find out why some people have these effects without their certain medicines and foods?
What should we have known and what do we need to know about helping people to look after their health problems and disabilities?
All I can think of now is having learning disability nurses should be not only in school but also in colleges and work placements as well. Mind you I think I have seen disabilities nurses in the colleges though. Please drop me an email if you know any information about that, thank you.

More regular check-ups, gentle exercise and diet programs to match with the health problems and disabilities.
We need things that help people learning disabilities to relax to be able to cope with the good and bad times in their lives.

No comments: