Wednesday 27 December 2017

Introduction of blog to book.

Really I started writing my life story back in 1993 but I was only aware of it as a life story and I was only twenty - three years of age at the time. Really now I see as a mistake I started it then because I hardly saw life at that time but it was my way then of letting out how I felt inside, which is naturally different now, so much has happened and changed.

Little did I realized at the started writing this story when I was unaware of computer etc that this book wasn't only good to be a life story but education for others around me of people such as People with disabilities etc, parents, families, carers, Social workers, Support workers, professions etc at all levels.

What I hope to achieve is a better understanding and awareness of disabilities etc, if not this generation but future generations or both in the case may be. We must bear in mind what I was born in 1969, I have through the 70s to 2010s so far and seen so many changes etc. However' times before time where different I would think to all the time I have been alive so I hope people with learning from the past to improve the future not that I'm all is negative. Also, some of us have been through worse than others.

This story starts off with the disabilities, health problems, mental health, long - condition etc I was born with, so little was known and handy any support other than my Mother was only seventeen when she had me. There was the only family support.

When I was twenty - three I had cancer of the throat, while I was recovering I watched Trever Macdonald on the ten o clock new one night at my Grandmother's house. There was a news clip about the Elderly and Disabled peoples' homes closing down. I was messing about around writing with paper and pens wanting to write something down. I thought about Charles Dickens and what he wrote about with orphans, the homeless etc. I never got round to it but I wanted to write and raise money for animals and human beings in need, what I watched on the news made me want to look out for others worse off than me.

No comments: