Friday 12 May 2023

Purpose of my Disabilities and mental health Facebook groups, my blog Sara revealed.

Those of you who may have been reading my blog for some time or and long time, may be aware I have been writing it for sixteen years nearly off since 2007. Most if not some, even of you may be wonder why I have decided to interduce my blog now. Truth is I may well have done but realised have or and I am till now. This blog was created with help with my Mum and Sister after my Nan died, also the fact I started working for Mencap, where my awareness career started apart from my own experience of having disabilities and my own mental illness to hopefully others who face the same if not similar and those who support etc through their lives whether you a parent, family member carer, social worker, nurse, doctor, support work, teacher, tutor, you may support people disabilities, mental health and more with their education, careers etc, whether support them, teach them, train them or and more, what ever level you maybe on study, training, trained, qualifcated etc. Since I started my career with disability and mental awareness it has been very on and off, because of cuts, changes, credit crush, cost of living, covid lock down more where my work has either stopped found myself other fields. Where okay, my Autism, Anxiety and Depression etc, has had a huge affect to accept those changes, even more so when there has been nothing to replaced what has been lost but it hasn’t always been that way. The positives have been, there have been times I have achieved new skills such as Advocacy, Mentoring, Counselling as well as raising learning disability and mental health awareness, which even these basic skills I have learned have help me to try and help others and myself whether or not I have work going on, more so than me getting Advocacy, Counselling, Mentoring etc. However,’ it is hard to get on further course, training etc due to this cost-of-living crisis to build on what I achieved in Covid lockdown Interduction to counselling and Mental Health Awareness Level 1. At time I was doing those qualifications, I was doing them online because face to face support was very little or non all in lockdown. In some areas I am good at IT but in other areas, I am not, which made some of my support hard to get but I got through all the same. That is the reason why I finished the Befriending service but all the same I am looking for the same sort of thing but a better system that can help people when I can’t and also more training, qualifications etc so I help people more so because we are becoming more aware that a lot of things are affecting peoples’ mental health. I did not want to stop doing my Befriending for Beacon, but I am only qualified and trained for so much, the idea of my role was what I couldn’t help with it was my job to find help, but it was all very giving clients contact from other place when most my clients are not online, and services were only working online through lockdown mostly. On top of that my manager at the time was on answerphone, which okay they get busy, and it is understable they can not stay the same place, short staff, funding problems etc. Thankfully very few clients, or no one was at the point of turning point to put it politely but a fair many of them were in some emotional situations not far to crisis as such. Me and the clients, understood managers and staff were busy etc but most time we got the answerphone all the same, which weren’t no fault of the staff and managers but the government but all the same, it gave me feel more concerned for my client’s mental health more so. For me the good thing about writing this blog, even though there is no payment and that I don’t except that but I can still work even when I am not working by doing what I do when I am working but hopefully helping those who are working, studying and training in the learning disability and mental health field, also, for parents, families etc to find out what except out of people in their lives who have disabilities and or mental illnesses, also to help others facing disabilities, mental illness, even other problems, illnesses, conditions, diseases and more. Also, in case any of you are interested and if you’re on Facebook, I have two disability and mental health groups on Disability and Mental health support friendship, Animals, All Positive and or Access All Areas Now, Disability And Mental Health Talk.

No comments: