Saturday 22 March 2008

HAVING A LEARNING DISABILITY.

This world is confusing and unexplained.
I used to think a lot of negative, now I'm learning to think positive.
Most people look at people with learning disabilities in a strange way
If you look disabled, some people discriminate you more.
If you don't look disabled, they will not be able to understand why you don't understand they, I don't realise that you have communicate needs but they have too if they don't understand you.
Lack of communicate can be a cause why friendships and relationships are so hard to have or even keep.
Their needs to be a lot of education from people with learning disabilities to main stream people understand them or including myself us.
A learning disability could have happened to you.
We're human too, are you?

Many of us have wondered why we are here if life is like this.
Why do you make us feel like the odd ones out when we have one another who understand each other?

What does it feel like to have a learning disability?
I used to bang my head against a brick wall but not anymore.
Now I put my head up high up to the sky.
I still feel angry, weak and useless to society but as I achieve more skills it gets less each and every day.
There comes a point you get fed up of being in your own world, you want to help others like yourself.
Now I feel strong enough to help others like me.
I hope you receive more support than what I did, I hope life isn't too hard for you.

No comments: