Friday 11 September 2009

My introduction to short stories and poetry.

Even though I have been writing since I was twenty - three and I am nearly forty now, when it comes to short stories I am still very sure of whether my work is good enough for my readers but I mostly have ideas that drive me mad if they are not written down. There are times my mind is blank as anything.

I think I am better with poetry than short stories because they are quicker to write. For some strange reason I tend to make less mistakes with poetry than I do short stories but once the ideas get flowing I tend to get carried away with myself then it becomes a short story of some sort. Yet when I first started writing 16 years ago, I started with either short stories or even pages of ideas and I have also tried writing my life story for years, which I still don't feel makes sense now. I was twenty - seven when I started writing poetry. Here is a piece of work that you could make up your mind what you think it is. Whatever you think it is it's one of my early pieces of work I wrote in 1996, which seems like a long time ago to me now. It's called ' IN THE DAYS ANIMALS COULD TALK.'

IN THE DAYS ANIMALS COULD TALK.

Once a upon a time a long time before man lived. There lived a farm, zoo and country side. These places were in a place called Make Believe land where there were animals who could talk and lead human lives. Yes I I know what you are all thinking, I am making it up. I don't know anyone knows for sure how the world started, animals before humans or humans before animals. Anyway let's carry on, these animals spoke in human voices. You must be thinking that I am talking riddles, may be I am but these silly ideas keep going through my mind. Talk talk, no animal can talk, it's only a silly story.

One dark night none of the animals could sleep, the little wild bunny rabbits who lived at number one Wild Life Country side road were cutting their teeth, the bunnies were crying their eyes out. Mrs Oliver Owl who lived next door to them made them some carrots to juice to give their Mother Mrs Bunny Rabbit, they were slowly getting better. Mr Woofer and Elise Dog who lived at number one Animal Farm road all started braking mad. Not many animals could sleep because there was so much noise.

The morning at every single animal there was so much noise, no one could sleep or had any sleep. Mr and Mrs Myra and Mickey Monkey at one Zoo road had been complaining over to Mr and Mrs Woofer Dog. The Monkey family and the Dog family all had cold, so much the Bunny family with their teething. It turned out a good many of the puppies and the kittens had colds.

" Can you ask your wife Mr Woofer to control your puppies, please we are trying to sleep?" asked Mr Monkey.
" I will do my best." answered Mrs Woofer in a sweet voice.
" Who asked you to speak, dear Elise?"
"I heard what was said dear Woofer."

Suddenly next door lived Mrs Kitty Cat at two Animal farm next door to the Woofers.
Out came one of the puppies and one of Mrs Kitty Cat's kittens puppy and kitten fight on the grass.

" Goodness sake, you two stop it, the whole area is trying to sleep!" said Mrs Kitty Cat.

As the morning went on Myra Monkey and her babies managed to get some sleep. Mickey Monkey had already complained about the noise.

It was 10.00am when Mrs Wormy Bird went worm hunting for her and her family's tea. Mr Wormy Bird was singing away, lucky Myra Monkey and her family slept through. On the way back home Mrs Worm Bird passed Elise Dog.


" Do you fancy a drink, wormy with all that flying and singing?"
" Oh yes please Elise, my mouth is dry now."

Wormy found herself an old saucepan to put the worms in then flow over to 2 Animal Farm road. Before Worm made her way, she made up a fire and some sticks to cook her worms.

On the way to Elise's house Wormy saw Kitty Cat who was heading to see Elise too. Wormy and Elise drank water and Kitty drank milk. They all sat and chatted as wormy suddenly remember.

" Oh the worms." said Wormy

" What are you talking about?" asked Elise

" I have put them on to boil."

" Oh right, fly the and back."

" I will Elise."

When Wormy got back to save her worms, they were coal black. Wormy called out to her children to go out worm hunting for her.

" Oh Fly, please go worm hunting for me."

" Oh yes, Mother, I will do."

When the rest of the children heard Fly worm hunting, they want Fri to help but he was too lazy.

" Can help at all?" said Wings

" Please do." said Fly

" Shall I Fry the worms, Fly?" asked Wings

" That would be very good of you Wings." said Fly

Finely when Wormy got back from Elise's house for 5pm, Mr Worm was home eating eat wrms with his family that his children cooked.

No comments: