Saturday 18 September 2010

ACTION SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION

We are all told that we are all born for a reason. Life is very strange to the reasons why we are here yet it's too short then we died. We don't expect good all the time but it's nice to have the rights to make the most of this short life.
When you have learning disabilities that isn't always possible to everyone because your choices are limited to what you can do and have to wait until if someone can support you.

Nine out of ten times the rest of the world doesn't stop to think, they are wrapped up in their own lives. We should have equal rights life we hate feeling the odd ones out to the rest of society. Most people don't stop to think about how LD would affect their lives.

Most people tend to think that we think enjoy asking for help all the time, we don't just like you wouldn't.

How can life be what you make it, if you haven't got any or limited choices?
Achieves what they want to achieve but how many people with learning disabilities? I am not saying that goes for everyone in the world of people with LD but most people.

Let's not jump any guns as every LD is different some people have limit choice but others have no choices at all. We understand in some cases you can't always help 100% but you can learn to understand. An example of choice is, what to have for breakfast in the morning. I am Lucky I am not limit to that choice but some people are. There other choices in life that I am limited to. Everyone is different, you learn in the person. For eg; two people with the same LD may not find the same things hard. Just expect anything you come across.

We are told it's a free country, it's a free world. Saying that it would be a dangerous world if were able get up to no good all the time so we need a balance our choice. Changing the subject slightly it's very important to teach children right from wrong from the start otherwise they don't grow up to be nice people. These days they can do what they want because the law won't let adults put them on the right track like we used to be able to.

Most people have choices and control when it comes to their lives others don,t in circles of people with and without LD. Friendships and relationships are very hard thing anyway but when you have LD you are hard work to society and your can only be equal so much or not at all. This isn't to wave magic wands but raise awareness, that apply to all areas of our lives. When it comes to friendships and relationships lack communication and understanding can affect how we get along with people. We understand that lots of people have had failed relationships it wouldn't surprise me if people with LD than without. This is something I should have checked in my research but I will and I will let you know about % and everything. Here's an example of of lack of communication and understanding.See if you can google find out how many people with LD have had failed relationships compared to people without. Please email me on sarajgorman@googlemail.com to tell me what you have found out, thank you.

" Please cook my breakfast."
" Cook your own."
" No because everytime I try to cook, I burn myself."
" I will but your having egg on toast."
" I don't want egg on toast,I want a fri up, please help me cook it."
" No I will cook egg on toast for you."
" How am I can I learn if your doing it for me."
" I haven't got all day I have other things to do."

This is a completely different topic to friendships and relationships but it's still an example of a person with a LD trying to make themselves understood. It's not a nice a thing because you want to do things yourself but you have learned to accept that you can't for so long because you have always been controlled. That person is refusing to help than person instead he or she is doing it for them? Is it right or wrong? Is that person without LD helping that person with LD to learn how to cook or not? Try and guess how the person with LD felt after all that, let's hear your story of what may have afterwards. Make up your own story about the two characters with and without LD. Tell me how much you understand about LD. How do you think the person with LD must have behaved towards the person without he or she cooked he or she's breakfast? Did the person with LD want egg on toast? Please email me on sarajgorman@googlemail.com
thank you.

It's strange to think that Mark was writing an Advert for the Wolverhampton Express and Star. How could anyone lie about what he wants? The strange thing was, he met Jackey Mind before he put the Advert in the paper.
Long blonde hair, blue eyes, leather jacket, 5.4 in height, a female with learning disabilities. Someone who likes red, wine and pizzas.

Mark was 37 years of age, jet black hair, dark brown, 5.8 in height
and wore a black leather jacket.
Mark used to be a guitarist who used to be Self-Employed in shop work, became a Fireman and then fixing cars. A lot of these things happened before he met Jacky. Mark was hoping to make fame but he could'nt sing but he could play the guitar.

The story I am introducing and writing is about a young lady 27, with LD, her name was Jackey Mind. What do think was going through her mind? Her choices to her life were controlled by society. She felt like the odd one out to the rest of society. ( How would you feel in Jackey's shoe?

No comments: