Sunday 19 September 2010

Chapter Three Next Date

A week had passed yet again. Saturday mid morning early afternoon, Mark finely got round to calling Jacky. Mark hadn't long got up as he ate his fri up and strong cup of coffee.

" Good afternoon, Jacky what do you Fancy doing today?"

" Good afternoon, Mark I don't mind Mark as long as I am with you."

" What about meeting in the Moon Under Water?"

" Well it is a little noise in there Mark, hard to get a seat and to hear yourself speak."

" True Jacky but we can give a go and move somewhere if that's the case."

" Everywhere is busy on a Saturday Mark."

Jacky thought it would be nice just to pick a pizza and bottle to have at her place or his. On the other hand she thought it too early days yet, she didn't know what to do for the best.

" What about 7.00pm, Jacky?"

" That sounds fine Mark."

Mark had come up with idea of texting and phoning one another because of buses not always been on time. What made it even worse on that Saturday was that the Wolves match was on, which slowed the traffic down. Despite of that 559 was rather early for a Saturday night, which left Jacky waiting quite a while for Mark.
The wild wind was blowing litter everywhere, as Jacky phoned Mark to tell him that she was on her way into town.

" Are you already on the bus, Jacky?"

" I am just about to get on, Mark."

" Don't because I could be ages yet, I'm still waiting for the bus."

" Go back home, wait a while, I'll call you when I'm in town, I'll book a taxi for you and I'll pay for it."

" Oh thank you, Mark."

Jacky took a brisk walk home. The wild wind and dust blew everywhere, as Jacky blew her Norse. Old school friends tried to stop to chat to her as it was a case of hello and good bye, she didn't know how long Mark was going to take to contract her again. Jacky promised her friends that she'd call them. It was at least half an hour to an hour when Mark text ed her to tell her that he was finely in town.

As Jacky got out of the taxi, people outside the Moon Under Water stood begging Jacky for cigarettes and money as Mark got hold of hard to walk her to side of the pub.

It was 8.30pm to 8.45pm, the pub was packed out. Jacky right about not been able to get a seat or speak. The bar was also packed, they only just about got served. Jacky drank Bankness Mild and Matter drank bitter, they stood up. They popped out for a cigarette. They both felt packed like sardines in the pub. Jacky was too polite to complaint about not liking packed pubs.

" This no good Jacky, we can't speak in there."

" Well I told you this will happen Mark, what now?"

" Your place or mine, Jacky."

" Mine because my bus is quicker than yours."

" What about picking up a pizza and a bottle of wine, Jacky?"

" Oh that sounds good, Mark because there's no where quiet on a Saturday night."

" We should have waited until tomorrow really, hay we can still out tomorrow, can't we Jacky would you like that?"

" Oh that sounds great Mark."

It was hard to have a date in such a noise atmosphere plus it wasn't private, which they should have thought about in the first place.

They only had to wait a few minutes for the bus as Jacky scanned her Disabled bus passed and Mark paid £1.70. Mark bought a bottle of wine from Jacky's local pub called the Tiger as Jacky paid for the pizza in the Fish and Chip shop down the road.

" Red or white wine, Madam!"

" White wine, please Mark."

It had been a long evening but everything happened so quickly not that they wanted to rush into things but they picked a very busy night in the pub. They had learned a lot of things from one another. Jacky thought Mark had learned a lot about her LD, was she right or wrong? They were taking their time, Mark didn't want to push Jacky into anything she wanted to do. They looked on the bright side that night, at least they saved a little more money. Mark stopped night but there was no bedroom contract at that point.

Home Date

When they got to Jacky's flat, Jacky dished out the pizza as Mark poured out the wine.

" Jacky, you are just who I am looking for and I found her, you."

" That's very nice to know, Mark." as Jacky laughed not believing what she had just heard.

" I love your long Blondie hair, blue eyes and there's something about brown leather jackets I like too."

" Your a very strange man, Mark."

" I know I am, Jacky."

The pair sat down to eat.

" Nice cheese and tomato pizza, didn't you make it yourself Jacky?"

" Very funny Mark, you know I didn't."

both of them laughed

Mark asked Jacky her age.

" How old are you, Jacky?"

" I'm 27, Mark."

" You look a lot younger than than that but 27 is younger enough."

" What's that suppose to mean, Mark?" Jacky laughed

" It's nice to be told that I look young but I don't want to be too young to go in pubs."

" Sorry Jacky, I am not very good at dates, I am just thinking about something to say."

" Your doing alright, so far Mark."

Both of them laughed.

" You are a very interesting looking guy with your shiny flicked back hair, leather jacket and those lovely brown eyes".

Mark's eyes raised broadly as he kissed Jacky.

" How old are you Mark?"

" 37, Jacky."

" I love men who are more grown up, they all silly my age."

" Believe me, I am not grown up, Jacky."

" Is there anything else I need to know about you, Mark?"

" I don't have a very interesting history, other than I am guitarist who can't sing, that's why I couldn't make fame."

" Oh never Mind, Mark, you win some you lose some."

The look on Mark's face was sad because he really wanted be famous but he just rised above it.It hurt Mark very much when he lost his music career. He was turned down just because he couldn't sing.

I used to be a fireman for a short while but then at 5.8 in height, they realized I wasn't tall enough."

" I was a bit too small to slide down the pole so that wasn't good enough for them, that was another career I was very hurt to lose."

They both took a deep breath.

" Wow, Mark it's shame it didn't last." as Jacky smile

" I wish I had my guitar on me, I would have played you a few cores."

" That's ok, may be next time Mark."

" I write poetry, Mark may be I can help you write your songs."

" No as I said I can't sing."

" No worries Mark I lost my Creative writing course through the cutback."

" May be I can look out for something you want to do with writing, Jacky."

" Oh thanks, Mark."

" I keep getting turned down for jobs because of my disabilities or they give me the boring jobs sweeping floors."

As they both laughed together.

" I wasn't good looking enough good looking enough to be a Fireman, Jacky."

" Of course you were and still are." as she laugh

" Oh thanks, Jacky." as he smiled

" What do you do now, Mark?"

" I'm just a boring old car fixer, does that put you off?"

" No of course not, Mark." as Jacky laughed

Suddenly they both started to feel a bit sleepy and drunk as they both fell asleep on the settee.

No comments: