Tuesday 8 January 2008

HOW I STARTED WRITING.

I started writing in 1993, when I was twenty - three to twenty - four yrs old. I was recovering from cancer of the throat. I was staying at my Grandmother's house. I was watching the 10.00pm news. They were talking about the council homes closing down. I thought to myself, where are disabled and old people going to go? It worried me a lot.

I was messing around with my paper and pen thinking about what to write. I just made of messy notes but I've forgotten what I wrote. Suddenly I started thinking about Charles Dickens who wrote about children who were Orphans, which started to give me ideas.
The subjects I have always feel strongly about are animals and human beings in need, I always feel even more strongly about people with learning disabilities.

With having communication problem, I found it hard to explain and express my self. My Mother encouraged me to start writing my autobiography, which still isn't finished today. I have just gone back and to because I have had so many other things to do. Writing has helped me to be understood but than I used but I still have a long way to go.

No comments: