Wednesday 24 August 2022

Raising aware of mental health voice

 

I am not a professional myself but I face disabilities, mental health, and other problems myself also I volunteer for a Befriending service talking to and trying to support clients one to one, and I have two disabilities and mental health groups on Facebook, Support for disability and mental health isuses and Acess all areas now, disability and mental health talk. Last year I achieved my level 1 in Counseling and Mental health awareness. I am also a Visiting Lecture in Disability and Mental health awareness for University near me.

Over the past 2 years, the world has faced 2 crises, Covid 19 and now the cost of living crisis, which affects everyone one way or another, it includes those who face disabilities, mental health and problems, including the eldely, people unwell, etc, which can vary, which some need more support than others.

On My Facebook groups I and my Admins are trying to raise awareness of this cost of living crisis which is happening to everyone but those of us who have more support than others, mainly when facing disabilities, mental health other problems, life can be more of a struggle.

On Facebook, no one may be able to support people physically face to face unless there are people you know and see but being here for one another mentally can be as helpful as possible.
This is an awareness of trying to help one another not force one another to do what you don't want to do.
Only try to make friends with members if you want to and request one another's feelings.
We understand just because people may not say in the group, they are struggling doesn't mean they are not but no one is forced to talk or not to talk.
However, some people may want to talk to someone in private, others may not want to talk to strangers in private, and others may not mind talking in a group, for others they only want to talk to people they know.
There are at least four of us who face mental illness including myself so if this is you, you are not alone and there is nothing to feel ashamed about.
We understand privacy means a lot to a lot of people and in this group is private, which means what you say people in the group can see but people off the group can't.
Trust is a huge thing and we will take into consideration if with proof if anyone tells anyone off what someone says in the group, we will take responsibility to take them off our groups.
All the same, we fully understand that and why people wouldn't want to open up on the group as there may be so many there you may not know.
However this is tricky, you don't need to tell but we would like to think people are getting support from someone, or and somewhere, but understand why people can't or won't talk, but we see no shame in that, we don't judge.
We understand it is, not easy, I myself in my own life have had time, I either feel cannot open up about something but won't, again you are doing nothing wrong.
I have to be honest I found the problem increased the longer I left it, but it is your time, no one else, if you say, when you, who you say it to, etc, is your choice.
However, we understand most people may struggle bad, may be put on a waiting list, etc when contacting professional mental health services, etc.
Our Admin will do everything in our best ability to help or and even find help but also, for even as many as possible of you to be therefore each other, may help at least a bit as well.

No comments: