Tuesday 31 March 2015

Looking out for peoples’ health.


Learning disability nurses should be allowed to referral people with disabilities and health problems who have lost their benefits onto different services like the Citizens Advice for example and putting it writing to why these people need support. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/coping-with-financial-worries.aspx
Even though what many people say about healthy food is right but not necessary affordable for people on benefits and even less affordable if their benefits are cut. On top of that most people have certain disabilities that affect them cooking healthy food and also many people don’t pay for care and support for them to look after themselves, even harder if their benefits are cut. I admit that there are support items to make it easy for people cook but again not affordable to everyone. Pretty much most of these support items are not online and not everyone has and can affordable the access to go online, if they can or they are to get a free, many may need to support. http://www.foodforthebrain.org/nutrition-solutions/depression/about-depression.aspx
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Childrenwithalearningdisability/Pages/Anhttp://www.hscic.gov.uk/media/12649/LD-Health-checks-FAQs/pdf/LD-Health-checks-FAQs-1213.pdfnualHealthChecks.aspx
http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2012/10/04/10600-sick-disabled-people-died-last-year-within-six-weeks-of-their-claim-ending/
http://www.healthwatchsouthend.co.uk/sites/default/files/gp_healthchecks_for_people_with_learning_disabilities_event_report_0.pdf
Please sign the petition to try and save the NHS everyones' life is in danger as we are going to be expected to pay to see our gps, who knows in the future we could have to pay for everything to do with Health care no matter what income is. Not many people can afford to go private these day even if they work full time. http://election.38degrees.org.uk/events/1731 thank you.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/disabled-girl-wastes-away-after-5717766

Labral for sure needs to get in. Cameron is saying that nurses are not lazy in my mind this is not true. I am training educating Student Learning Disability nurses at the University of Wolverhampton. Cameron is making cuts on the NHS, which makes it hard for all Health professions to do their job.
http://ersatznews.com/nhs-staff-should-stop-being-lazy-and-work-weekends-says-cameron/


No wonder the most serious illnesses, conditions and disabilities are not been taken into account when GPs writing sick notes  for patients who just have colds. Is this people who are really too ill for work are been forced to work? http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/best-doctors-note-weve-read-5436442?ICID=FB_mirror_main How David Cameron says Health staff are lazy there's just not enough Health staff and money. I have disabilities and health problems, I had a cold some weeks back but I still went to work. If people are excepting time off just for very small things no the wonder cuts are made but it doesn't make it fair on the rest of us.

In 2014 last year, I had two yearly checkups this could be because I’m between the aged of 40 and 47 as the certain is that the Uk have a lot of people with disabilities and health problems died under the age of fifty, that’s good. Now what I want know is are all surgeries giving middle age people with disabilities and health problems two health checkups a year? I guess not due to funding which could be a very slow to come. All the same if the government is carrying these benefit cuts that many people with disabilities and health problems are going through, they need to be paying the GPs to be keeping a check on the health of those who have had their benefits cut.
Saying that the Universities don't have enough funding to train the Gps, this could be why we are training and educating the Student Learning Disability nurses the most.


This is a message I wrote online back in 2012 but I did not have a reply.
Dear Jo-Anne 
I would like to introduce myself my name is Sara Jane Gorman, I use to help with Our Shout Self - Advocacy group supported by Mencap as a Self - Advocacy worker and Learning Disability Awareness trainer. I have learning disabilities myself. The reason why you haven't seen me is because I haven't had any work come in since last May due to the cuts and changes that Mencap were having. 
The purpose of this message is to make you aware that Mencap sent me a newsletter, there was one report saying that for the last ten years 74 people with learning disabilities have died most parts of the UK. I emailed Dianne Web this morning on this, she has asked me to get in touch with you because I very sadly hear that your contract finishes at the end of next month. When I started Mencap 5 yrs ago, there was a report telling that 6 people with disabilities had died under the NHS care, was shocking enough, just before I go back to work in Feb 2012, it's risen to 74, even more shocking. There have been 2 in the Midlands Staffordshire and Birmingham. Now I think we must raise stronger awareness. 

Thank you for reading my message 
Yours Sincerely 
Sara Jane Gorman






No comments: