Monday 16 March 2015

Disability work.

Understanding Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia.

 Dyslexia.
People with Dyslexia can read and write.
bs and ds may get mixed up for example by mistake dog may become bog.
Ps and qs may get mixed up; quick may become pick by mistake.
Number 28 may become 82 by mistake.
Words or and information may be missed out of paragraphs or sentences in peoples’ work.


Repleted sentences, paragraph and word maybe written if the person has either forgotten they have written whatever or ready or they may have written or typed too fast.  http://www.dyslexiahealth.com/dyslexia-history/
http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2014/09/11/whats-going-on-inside-a-dyslexic-students-brain/
http://ow.ly/KYM2K
http://medvideos.org/video/167/what-is-dyslexia
Confused although this video says Dyslexia isn't about getting ds mixed up with bs for example Dyslexia isn't just about getting ds mixed with bs for eg.

Dyslexia support and talent.
Learning awareness in learning disability and mental health. I am one of many who didn't learn anything in school and left school with nothing. Due to the strong tablets doctors put me on for Epilepsy, I found it hard to learn and get around safely without support. All the same I have managed to catch up on my education and work during adulthood for the last twenty years, which some I have achieved and others I haven't. School knocked my confidence when it shouldn't of. No school is built for any child to put up with bullying and abuse. Schools are building to help children learn education.  Never tell a person with a learning disability that they are thick because that's not true, they are just find it a bit harder to learn than what you do, they just need more support than do! You won't know what that person will achieve unless you give that person their time, chance and see it for yourself.

Dyslexia support awareness.
In 2013 last year I started a college course at Old Hall street College Wolverhampton. The course started back about 4 weeks late to what it should have but there was a delay because they were trying to find a tutor.  We should have started back early to mid September but it happened to be early to mid October.

 I made my tutor aware I needed Dyslexia support but it took quite a long to sort out. About a week or two before my Level 1 English Reading exam 2014, I had an assessment, the Dyslexia support tutor said I need 25% of extra timing in the exam which I got. The problem wasn't in the exam it was before the exam when one student kicked off saying he hadn't got any Dyslexia support yet the tutor had said he hadn't even asked for it. Saying that the building where we took exam was like a maze. When I left the building I found it hard to get out of I went through several flights of stairs till I could even ask someone how get out the building, which set of my Anxiety off too cause I panic thinking I wasn't going to get out the building. 

A week or two after the exam I start to get a Dyslexia support tutor to support me with the writing, speaking and listening without knowing whether I have passed the reading or not. It turns out yesterday the 30th April I get the results telling me I have failed the reading yet during the studying before the exam I was getting good  marks 83% when they made the print large yet the print was large in the exam. 55% small print in studying. 
My awareness is even though I was lucky enough to get some Dyslexia it just came a bit close to the exam. I guess most of it was a bit of my own fault because I should have asked for it before the course started but then I didn't really know what to expect till I started my course plus I have had one Dyslexia support assessment in the past which I didn't know till last minute needed to be updated.

 Now there are cuts coming even though they haven't hit some places yet they soon will. As money is getting less and less help is getting slower and slower. I have even notice that a lot of the courses people are having to pay it's not easy for anyone but even harder for people on benefits yet the government on the hand are nagging people to go on course in order for people to get jobs, they can't have it both ways. I agree some courses for work are free but not many. I am not a tight person if I was working earning a good wage I'd be more than happy to pay for my courses. Strangely for what I have seen there are not many work course free despite the government wants as many of us off benefits as possible. All the same the English and Maths are still free.  



 I have now had my results of my Level 1 Function Skills in my reading that I had failed two times but I have finally passed now at last 3rd time lucky. I had a 18/18 pass 6/6 each on Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32174569
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?


COMMUNICATION TRAINING

I hope to talk to Our Shout about Communication training because I feel it's very important for non - disabled people who supports people with learning disabilities to be able to learn how to understand us in each and every way. Communication training needs to be given.

For example Mapa which is a form of communication learning to understand why most people with disabilities have behaviour problems and how to calm these people down. Not even I haven't had any training in Mapa because it's very new. As I said in one of my stories, I used have very bad behaviour problems myself as a child. My reasons were that I found my disability very hard to accept so I used get very angry when I couldn't do things and that I didn't feel equal to non - disabled people. Like I said again the very strong tablets I used to be on made me very bad tempered, moody and I felt left out of society. When I came off those tablets, I slowly started to calm. Those tablets also made me very hyperactive with no sleep at night so I was overtired. This is why we need to question, why do most people with disabilities have behaviour problems? What goes through people's minds is anyone's guess. Most people's behaviours problems may not be for the same reason as mine. What a boring world if we were all the same. Mind you some people have behaviour problems without any tablets at all, others some or all tablets could be dangerous for them or some could be just on the wrong tablets. This is one of the reasons why people with disabilities need checkups at least once year. There's nothing worse than finding you don't get on with people through no fault of your own.
A lot of people call these problems challenging behavior, I don't like that word Challenging behavior because behavior problems isn't a challenging. Challenging means trying to do something new and good, which is a new experience. Learning and doing something new can be very hard at first, that's why it can be challenging. As soon as you have learned whatever it is, you have a achieved it, which is a good thing. Having behaviour problems is a bad thing. We mustn't confuse good and bad.


Mental capacity is also a new form of communication for people who find it hard to say what they want in life, whether they get their wishes or not. With those kinds of people, we tend to think they haven't got a mind. How do we know that? When we come across those kinds of people, how do we know what they do and don't know? How do we know and what they don't want? We must have a communication aid that helps us understand, whether there is one I don't know, do you? Even if that support is there I bet it cost loads of money. It's us who don't understand these people because they can't speak. I think we need to watch what we say because it's possible that they understand us better than we understand them. What we should know is that a lot of these people can communicate in other ways even if they put their hands up to say (Stop)! Sign language for the deaf, Braille for the blind has been going on goodness knows how many years.

I feel with dyslexia we still have a long way to go to get full dyslexia support. I'm dyslexic myself. People have dyslexia tutors, which is better than it was but through my experience the government isn't allowing enough support. For eg: I couldn't get extra timing with my exams until I went to Dudley, Wolverhampton doesn't do that as far as I know. Old Hall Street College doesn't anyway.
There are also a lot of support aids, is good but they costs a lot of money for eg speaking machines for people with speaking problems, coloured paper for people who are dyslexic, not a lot of us have enough money to pay for them. We could do with raising money for these things, otherwise how we can understand these people.

In fact funding seems to be the big problem for a lot of things that are stopping people with disabilities having rights to be equal others, most of the time government funding isn't enough. What makes me angry about the government they tend to spend it on the least important things. I am sure they have more money tucked away than they make out, they just don't want to spend it.
If you are interested in fund raising find out if Mencap still fund raise  https://www.mencap.org.uk/. My e mail address sarajgorman@gmail.com.
https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Communicating%20with%20people_updated.pdf

MY DYSLEXIC, READING AND WRITING.
I would like to study animals and humans beings worse off than myself, which I hope will give me ideas for stories in the future. My aims are to raise money and awareness for children and animals whose need is worse off than what I am.

A lot of people have said to me, how can I be a writer if I'm dyslexic? Being a dyslexic doesn't mean, you don't thoughts in your mind. Ok we may well have a memory problem but we don't forget everything. For eg: we remember some parts of our childhood at least I do anyway. We also know what we would like for the future whether get or not, such as dreams, aims and etc. I know I want to be a writer and improve the live of people with disabilities. I know also that I want a partner in my life.

Some people say that dyslexic is if you can't read and write, others say that you just have a few problems along the way. For: eg seeing things the wrong way, forgetting that you have already written something down. As for spelling words you may know that those letters are in these words but may be written down. With essay you may find it hard to write things down in a short way, that's my big problem, I think I have almost ended up writing a novel. Don't laugh, I know I want to be a writer but let's just say writing a novel when I don't want to. This is why I need someone to check my work. It can be a memory problem. Some mistakes I notice others I don't this is why, I have to get someone to check my work through. If you know what dyslexic really is? Please send me an email on sarajgorman@googlemail.com orsarajgorman@gmail.com . If I don't have dyslexic why can't make my work easy to understand? Maybe this could help others as well as me if anyone knows the true answer. My Auntie thinks I'm not dyslexic but when I was at college they assessed me on the computer, it classed me as dyslexic. I have been assessed at two colleges, one says I have been that I what you call borderline dyslexia.

When I write I can miss words out of sentences. I can problems with sound, sometimes words aren't what they sounds. Like said in some words I know what letters are in there but they're not always written in the right order. It's hit or miss whether I notice these mistakes or someone else. I couldn't take my GCSE English because I would need a dictionary but I got through my mocks. I can proofread my work but I can't always see everything that needs to be put right. They say Dyslexia is word blindness so maybe I am.

Because I have dyslexia I can only read so much at a time, I have also found by reading the shortest of information can still help me with the ideas of a story, one idea just gives me a little kick start, which then I end up writing a story. I keep promising myself that I'd read fifteen to twenty minutes a day but I don't seem to have the time. When I read it's hard because I can only read for so long and everything seems to be hazy, it depends on the size of the print. Really small black print on white paper, I find it hard to read for long. Yet my reading has always been very good but I always used to have a big problem taking in information, I still have problems with that now a bit but not as much. Sometimes I have problems reading some word. It can be strange, they can be long or words, mainly if they are new to me. When someone talks, knocks the door or whatever when I'm read although I used book maker, I forget whether I was on page one or two for eg. I am still trying to learn what coloured paper and writing is easier for me to read.

At Our Shout we do do easy words, pictures, easy read, clear texts, etc and no jargon. We have a meeting about it once a month to talk about different ways of writing information more clearly for people. It's very hard to make it easy for everyone because every one's needs are difference. We all have different communication problems. Some people can't read and write so we do pictures on the computer, take photographs. You can only do pictures out of nouns, people, places and objects. For eg you can't do a picture of could because could isn't an object, person or place. We have to support people with that. For eg; a cat sat on a mat.



When I learned to write as a child my rs used to be an o with two sticks and ks used to be one stick used to be at the top of the stick and the other stick used to be at the bottom, if you understand what I mean. Sometimes I get numbers the wrong way round for eg 23 could be 32. I used to get confused with left and right but not as much had now. I can't cope with big map, directions have to be written step by step with bullet point numbers what to do first, second, and so on, 123 or abc.

As a child I used to get confused with bs and ds but not as much now. I also used to get confused with ps and qs. Most of the time I find it proof reading hard as you may guess with me writing my website, I spend a lot of editing which every writer does but even more so when someone has dyslexia. They used to say dyslexia is a word blindness, I know we don't like it said way but It could take me ever to make sure everything is proof read in a text. Still used the word dyslexia, it not only a because it's shorter to say than word blindness. Every now and then I will ask my Mum to proofread my website. I had got someone at work to proofread my work when I wrote the Employment play.

When I was in school, no one really knew about dyslexia, I used to get told off for my dyslexia errors I have told you about.

If you have dyslexia or you know anyone that does, you are welcome to send me an email if you want on
 sarajgorman@gmail.com If you would like any dyslexic websites or anything like that would or could help you, I would be more than happy to help. I would also be interested if you have your story about experience of dyslexia, if you would like to tell me. May be I can find out if Mencap know anything about dyslexia support websites or anything if you want.

http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/dyslexic/dyslexia-and-specific-learning-difficulties-in-adults
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/never-bullied-classmates-bullied-teachers-162125408.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEpBujdee8M
http://www.dyslexia-reading-well.com/visual-dyslexia.html http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm
http://www.bachelorsdegreeonline.com/blog/2011/25-famous-authors-with-learning-disabilities/
https://www.understood.org/en/community-events/blogs/in-the-news/2015/03/10/henry-winkler-has-a-new-book-about-a-child-with-dyslexia-and-a-message-for-you?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=understoodorg
http://dyslexia-ncbida.org/ca-dyslexia-legislation-how-you-can-help/
https://www.facebook.com/DyslexiaAction/photos/a.114403301637.106938.56941081637/10153004686586638/?type=1
http://wthitv.com/2015/03/25/dyslexia-aid-bill-passes-indiana-senate-committee/
https://www.facebook.com/DecodingDyslexiaMs/photos/a.463095727151303.1073741828.333414840119393/660410780753129/?type=1
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=99&appid=2309869772&id=888618481179843&p%5B0%5D=190222191019479&p%5B1%5D=888618481179843&share_source_type=unknown
https://recombu.com/mobile/article/how-a-dyslexic-12-year-olds-game-concept-became-the-bbcs-latest-app
http://www.fastcompany.com/3043762/how-dyslexia-can-make-some-people-better-entrepreneurs
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-03-classroom-behaviour-dyslexia.html
http://www.dyslexia-reading-well.com/phonemes.html
http://www.dyslexiatraininginstitute.org/blog/5-dyslexia-resource-websites/
https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/listening-comprehension-issues/understanding-your-childs-trouble-with-listening-comprehension?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=understoodor

Dyslexic poet.

I'm a Dyslexic poet with a Dyslexic mind.

I write poetry because I think most of the time.
Too many words go through my mind or none at all.
At times the world can be so unkind, misunderstanding to not able to read and write.
I just say, do, write and think of things the wrong way round, I even miss things out.
I miss words out of sentences.
My dyslexia can vary from words I can't spell, words I can't read and words I can't recognize.
Put the right letters in the wrong places of words but it doesn't happen like this all the time.
Get 62 mixed up 26.
I don't always get things the wrong way round, every day is different.
None this is on purpose.
What makes me a Dyslexic poet?
 I have thoughts when my mind isn't blank.
I say things far too long for others to have the time to listen to me.
I find very hard to put things in a short way.
This is why I need support in essays and assignments plus needing someone to proofread my work to see it makes sense.
I have weaknesses and I have talent.
I weaknesses are all the problems I face in being Dyslexic.
My talents are thought that go through my head that are words that are put into poetry.
My drawing and painting is my other ways of expressing what I think about. 27.12.2014




John Lennon.
John Lennon was a young hippie in the 1960s.
He believed in peace not war.
He would not be happy with the world been any other way than peace not war.
Today he'd be rolling in his grave if he saw knew what a mess the world is today.
John always rewarded brave people.
He wrote great song and poetry.
He drew and painted lovely pictures.
He was a very clever man.
The sad thing was that he did not die in people but with a bang.
Everyone guessed that John Lennon wanted to die in peace at a grand old age with no pain but just in his sleep. 31.1.2001




There are talented and famous people who are Dyslexic too. Only because we might be talented it doesn't mean we will all become famous.
This poem was written by the great  late John Lennon when he was a boy. Dyslexic people might have problems with spelling, grammar and etc but we have a mindful of pictures and thoughts inside our heads. 
At The Denis

Madam: I have a hallowed tooth that suffer me grately.
Sir: Sly down in that legchair Madam and open your gorble wide - your mouse is all but toothless.
Madam: Alad! I have but eight tooth remaining (eight tooth left).
Sir: Then you have lost eighty three.
Madam: Impossyble.
Sir: Everydobby knows there are foor decisives two canyons and ten grundies, which make thirsty two in all.
Madam: But I have done everything to save my tooth.
Sir: Perhumps! but to no avague.
Madam: Ah! why did I not insult you sooner!
Sir: To late, it must be now or neville.
Madam: You will pull it out for me then!
Sir: No, madman, I will excrete it.
Madam: But that is very painfull.
Sir: Let me see it - Crack! there it be madacre.
Madam: But sir I wished to keep (was anxious to keep) that tooth.
Sir: It was all black and moody, and the others are too.
Madam: Mercy - I will have none to eat with soon.
Sir: A free Nasty Heath set is good, and you will look thirty years jungle.
Madam: (Aside) Thirty years jungle; (Aloud) Sir I am no catholic, pull out all my stumps. By John Lennon
Sir: O.K. Gummy.

http://www.ludworth.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Dyslexia-or-Dyspraxia-What-if-my-child-might-have....pdf
http://medvideos.org/video/166/developmental-coordination-disorder-dyspraxia

search.tb.ask.com/search/GGmain.jhtml?searchfor=dyslexia+and+dyspraxia.&st=tab&ptb=EAC85840-C98E-43C2-BF3C-B3E438262E87&n=781aa443&ind=2015011907&ct=SS&pg=GGmain&tpr=tabsbsug&p2=%5EZU%5Expt428%5ETTAB0

What is Dyspraxia?
Dyspraxia is a hard disability and mental problem to explain and understand. Many people have already lived
with Dyspraxia our lives being misunderstood and being told that we are a danger to society. The world understands that the world can know everything right away. No one is blaming anyone but if Dyspraxia was understood many years, we may have had the right support and may not have been classed health hazards and useless people. This disability has caused us to be made to feel guilty for things we can't help and also caused us be hated by the world. We understand it's understandable in one way for the health and safety of others but not the fault on purpose of the people who have the disabilities. The awareness is good but all very well to raise when there's not the money in the world to support it. One thing is raising understanding of Dyspraxia so we can be at least understood for what our disability is about.
Dyspraxia is when people are unaware of the world around them. It's too easy to not look where you’re going, bang into things and people around you. People with Dyspraxia can find physical and mental skills hard. Dyspraxia is mostly misunderstood as been a danger to society, which you are but with the right support you can get by in life.
 The reason for Dyspraxia being misunderstood is because it's a hidden disability. Yet with Dyspraxia being a lot to do with the body and brain, even though it's hidden because people can walk and talk it's more major than those disabilities that need 24 hour care in everything. Advantage is that people with Dyspraxia have the ability though to ask for help if we need it. There's just a wide circle of skills we find hard. The cause of being misunderstood is the fact we can walk and talk so people think we can manage our lives the same as them. Dyspraxia is a Motor skills and co -oration disability but it is also can be a reading and writing disability not much different to dyslexic.

For eg; a baby may find it hard to roll over, take longer to stand up and balance, walking, climbing, slower to talk and be understood.

Exercise may be harder to access, some people may only manage swimming, exercise or and even horse riding. Some people may not manage to ride a real bike. Some people may find it hard to hop, jump, run fast and even skip. Some people may find it hard to throw and catch a ball. Some people may find it hard to stand for a long time.

 Children may be slower to walk up and down stairs safety without support. There are some stairs even adults and teenagers may not be able to manage without support. Some stairs can be harder for some people to manage than others. Some people find it hard to dress, tie shoe laces and etc.

 For most of us it can affect our lives with not being able to drive a car and not being able to have children because of carrying and lifting. As time goes on support get's better in some ways but not in others. On the other hands with the cuts the government is making it's hard to say what the future is.

Other examples
·                  Doing jigsaws
·                  Gripping pencils
·                  Playing games
·                  Mixing with people
·                  communicating 
·                  Reading
·                  Writing
·                  Emotional problems
·                  Poor short term memory
·                  Using a knife and fork
·                  Carrying hot drinks in the left hand or and you may be only able to carry one hot drink at a time.
·                  Personnel care for eg; cleaning teeth, washing hair, shaving, cutting toe nails and etc.
·                  Emptying the hover and putting it back together again.
·                  Finding it hard to understand people and make friends.
·                  Poor vision
·                  Sensitive to light
·                  Sensitive to nose
·                  Sensitive to touch
·                  Sensitive to taste
·                  Lack of awareness in body positive, space and spatial relationships.
·                  Hard to take in information.
·                  Hard to keep tidy.
·                  Cooking for eg; carrying heavy joints out of the oven, chopping up and straining veg.
·                  Hard to learn sounds, movements and prove reading.
·                  Hard to concentrate on too many things at once.
·                  Slow to do a job and finish it.
·                  Daydream be in a world of our own.
·                  Find hard to listen people in groups and take in what they say.
·                  Finding hard to understand people and be understood by them. 
·                   Change can take a while to get use to whether it's good or bad.
·                  Good and bad days for eg; something we managed great yesterday we are coping really bad today.

·                  Some skills we just never manage but others we manage for life.
·                  We may get frustrated and angry easy.
·                  We just might give up if people give up on us too easy.
·                  We may be stressed and anxious easy.
·                  We may feel low in our self esteem. 
·                  We may get upset easy.

Other awareness of the disability.
Some people with Dyspraxia have flat feet but I also have wide feet. I have really bad problems getting shoes to fit me. Some people even find it hard to type and grip the mouse on a computer. My problem can be I type so fast I don't notice my spelling mistakes and the words I have missed out of sentences. Some people find it hard to plan things. Some of us have poor relocating cannot look quickly and effectively from one object to another, looking from the television to magazine.

Although there seems be a lot of things that we find hard, there are some things that get better through our lives. I still remember as a child finding it hard for a lot years cutting meat up with a knife and fork. In some cases, if someone is on some medications the side effects can make life even harder for them. If you have a lot of problems with hands, some medications can make than worse, which make some people shake.  Not everyone finds the same things hard and not everyone finds the same things easy. I even find with some things I just have good days and bad. Strangely in some things there are some weaknesses that can turn into confidences because with this being a life time disability you become used to what you can and can't cope. The fact that we are keen, willing people because we find so many things hard we don't give up until we achieve what we want to. Sometimes though society gives up on us. To start with it may seem hard to believe that there are positives in Dyspraxia but it's takes a long time to believe in that, your disability and most of all yourself. You can find so many things hard yet it's to believe the bad as well as the good because you don't appear to strangers to have disabilities.
Our lives aren't all black and white there are positives about us yet some are from the things we do find hard.

·                  Some things that we may see different to other people can be right.
·                  We find it easy to get along with people if they understand us and we understand them.
·                  People need to give themselves time and us time to get to know one another.
·                  We can be carrying people who need support as much or if not more than us.
·                  We have powerful and creative imagination in our day dreams.
·                  We are very keen learners despite of finding learning hard, nothing stops us.
·                  We have good long term memories.
·                  We can create for eg; creative writing art painting and drawing. 
The causes of Dyspraxia.
As far as I know Dyspraxia is cause by lack of orgxen to the brain at birth or when a baby is born too early. I think this can be linked to epilepsy or and a stroke. I think are many other causes of Dyspraxia.

Different forms of Dyspraxia.

It sounds as if the world has a lot to learn about Dyspraxia, which is hardly surprising as it's a hard disability to understand and explain. Just because I am Dyspraxia, doesn't mean I know everything about it. In my respects the world knows more than me. What I do know is how it has affected my life. I am glad to say now it has opened up now. There may have been thousands of children in my school, I would have been aware but I doubt it. I know what it's like to feel so alone even though you are more than likely not. Bullying never seems to stop because you look and or seem different to other children. Even by adults you’re so misunderstood because quite rightly even adult expects to see a normal child, whatever normal is at the end of the day. Putting yourself in the shoes of parents, life can be a jigsaws puzzle for them when their child is slow at learning or and they know what their disabilities and health problems are.

Movements are to do with Motor skills, Co-oration and balance. For eg; opening a tin with a can opener.
Language is speech how we sound, make ourselves understood and misunderstood mostly the cases are.
Perception is Understanding and or misunderstanding others, messages, world around us and etc.
It's more likely possible to have all of those forms of Dyspraxia as I have found all those things hard through my life. Having said that when you have a good many other disabilities it can be hard to say what causes what. For eg; I could either Asperser Syndrome or and ADHD, Dyslexia, Epilepsy as well as Dyspraxia. Could have one form of Dyspraxia, two or all three. I know what I read about Dyspraxia sounds like me.

Sometimes when I am speaking I find it hard to sallow when I speak therefore no understands me. I have always had problems with my tongue, teeth and lips which goes very dry as skin becomes loose. Even though I feed myself, I'm still very messy eater. As a very small child I found very hard grip a knife and fork I think food used to go everywhere other than my mouth over the floor everywhere, although I don't see how I've always loved my food too much and ate too much.

Some words I may say may not come out correct but may not be far off, otherwise I'm well misunderstood. Sometimes I may talk too quiet in case I don't sound like how I want to sound like. Yet when I am sure of myself it works opposite I can be too loud.     


Meet Chaz: Aspergers Symptoms in Infants, Toddlers, and Older Children

I was a very hyperactive child due to very heavy medication I was taking for the fits I had from birth. At the age 13 I was taken off the tablets and after about year or two I calmed down a lot. It's possible I may have had ADHD as a child. 40 yrs on it's hard to get my disabilities diagnosed but children can diagnosed. If I can help or and you can help me please email me on sarajgorman@gmail.com

I have always had problems with my co-oration and Motor skills, which is known now as Dyspraxia.  45 years ago there was very little education on illnesses and disabilities getting diagnosed were very rare.

HEALTH, SAFETY, EDUCATION, TRAINING AND SUPPORT.
What jobs are people with Dyspraxia safe to do? For me I am safer with my brain than my body even I am a slow learner.
Health & Safety should be educated in the work placements, colleges, schools and etc. I will be talking to Our Shout about people with disabilities having education and training support with Health & Safety education, I think it should be the same for non - disabled people too. Our Shout would like people with disabilities to be healthy, safe and happy but also having the rights they want and need. It would be great to have that balance with your support thank. If have any point a views or can give any support on anything.

Dyspraxia
I could never do up my buttons.
I could never do up my laces.
I could never clean my teeth how they should be cleaned.
My month is too small with too many teeth, food just get's everywhere it always has but I love it.
Exercise is hard to access when you have Dyspraxia.
I can't catch or throw a ball.
I couldn't even open a tin with a tin opener but then I discovered how to use the old fashioned tin openers after.
I love going to the pub, I'm useless with money then I over spend.
I have never been very good at maths.
I am more can with English and words but I even get confused there because of my Dyslexic.
In a poem I can express my disabilities in a poem better than I can to people.
I am more skills with my writing and raising learning disability awareness than everyday living skills. 13.8.2012 - 17.8.2012




Some famous people with Dyspraxia.

Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter, David Bailey who takes pictures, Florence Welch, Hannah McDonnell actor, Helen Burns character out of Jane Eyre, Samuel Taylor Coleridge poet, CK Chester, Ernest Hemingway, Jack Kerouac, and George Orwell writer. http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_parents/worried_about_your_child/dyslexia_dyspraxia
search.tb.ask.com/search/GGmain.jhtml?searchfor=dyslexia+and+dyspraxia.&st=tab&ptb=EAC85840-C98E-43C2-BF3C-B3E438262E87&n=781aa443&ind=2015011907&ct=SS&pg=GGmain&tpr=tabsbsug&p2=%5EZU%5Expt428%5ETTAB0
http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/faqs/
https://www.facebook.com/KrystalBellaShaw
http://www.ted.com/
https://www.understood.org/en/family/managing-everyday-challenges/daily-expectations-child/5-smart-chores-for-kids-who-have-trouble-completing-tasks?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=understoodorg


What is Dyscalculia?

Dyscalculia is a learning disability that causes people to have problems with maths. These people have problems with numbers, I myself are one of those people. You can still have a normal IQ. I myself haven't been diagnosed but I will be honest I have always had big problems with numbers.
 Once I have got past counting to ten, then I get stuck so I try to work the maths out on paper or make sure I have many items to add onto my fingers. with - when it comes to borrowing write the numbers down to how many numbers I need then put through the numbers the sum asks me to -. * eg; 4+4=8 2*4=8. I can't seem to do maths in my head I have to work then out on paper, which mostly with me takes a long time. There are some maths I can't even work out with a calculator but some I can, which is strange, I can't round numbers up either and I can't only half so many numbers.
It's hard to believe it has taken nearly thirty years of my life to even guess that I may Dyscalculia. In the last twenty odd years ago, this possible maths disability has affected my chances of getting a job so it's hard to know if I can get tested for Dyscalculia before i do get too, may be even if the funding is out there may be support for me to get a proper job.
Anyway going by my own experience it's a sad fact that we get these cuts coming in because people a lot younger than me with all kinds of disabilities could get better support than me.
Dyscalculia is only a problem with numbers but people can find it hard to tell the time, find it hard to tell from their left to their right, they can find orientation hard and following the rules of games. Pretty much all of those I have problems with but as years went on I strangely didn't do bad at telling the time but very slow at learning it.
These are problems people Dyscalculia but every person varies to how their problems lie.

1. Numbers lines can be hard to understand.
2. Borrowing numbers in - can hard to work out.
3. Finding it hard to work, some, most or even all maths can be for some with dyscalculia in their head.
4. Some people find it hard workout maths when they have to go past ten.
5. Difficulty using fingers counting recognizing how an answer can be to a sum like for eg; 6+4= 10. 
6. Difficulty in understanding value.
7. Some people will find it hard to to calculation certain kinds of maths but could be different ones for different people.
8. Anxiety is a sense of fear and dread, Dyscalculia is more than just a weakness of maths it's disability. Meaning the person with Dyscalculia a fear and dread maths but also its causes them a lot of frustration knowing they can't get easily because of lack of maths skills.
9. Dyscalculia is a sense of number blurriness, blindness and jargon of facing numbers.
10. Spatial difficulties not good at drawing, visualization, remembering arrangements of objects, understanding time, direction.
11. Short term memory difficulties the literature to relation between these and dyscalculia is very controversial. 
12. Poor coordination of movement (Dyspraxia).
13. Reversal of numbers this is normal development stage which all children go through and no cause to alarm it.
14. Difficulty remembering names - evidence to suggest that verbal memory has anything to do with Dyscalculia.
15. Good language skills but very poor maths skills.
16. Problems with very basic calculations as well as maths.
17. Problems with guessing and estimation numbers.
18. Inconsistent maths skills (can do something one day but not the next.)
19. Most people find it hard to read analogue clocks.
20. Some people find it hard to understand maps; many people may even get confused with right and left.
21. Most people find it hard to keep numbers in columns, and then end up with the wrong answer in the sum.
22. Confusion with math concepts.
23. Most people can even have problems with words.
24. These problems can cause a lot of people Anxiety, stress to a point they burst into tears because they feel useless, helpless and fearing that they will never get anywhere career wise to a point they feel as if life isn't worth living.
25. Switching to addition while doing subtraction problem or vice versa.
26. Forgetting addition facts and multiplication.
28. Failure to remember math step.
29.Changing sequence of numerals when copying them can be a problem for most people.
Famous people with Dyscalculia.

Henry Winkle who played the Fonz in ' Happy Days', Cher a singer, Mary Tyler Moore writer and actress, Benjamin Franklin newspaper printer, writer, musician, scientist yet he was very poor at maths.


Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale story writer, Bill Gates computer creator but he has numbers coming out his ears, Thomas Edison light bulb inverter, he had problems with maths but he managed to overcome them, Luis Armand, Garcia child star, Sarah Barrable Trisha actress, Mick Hucknall who was in a pop group Simply Red, he once said ' I suffer from  Dyscalculia number blindness - I am made to feel stupid but art school opened the new world of creativity for me and I loved it, although Albert Einstein was good with his physics and his science certain part of his life he was very weak at maths but may have overcome it WWW.alberteinstensite.com. May you could find out about more famous people with Dyscalculia. 

  I myself, this is what I thought the same with my poetry and drawing even though I haven't had any luck as such with publishing. 

Causes of Dyscalculia.
Research says that Dyscalculia is caused by a result of a (brain injury). In my case it does make sense because I was born with a very mild brain damage on the left hand side of the brain, which has affected the left hand side of my body as if I have had the affects of a stroke all my life but it cause me to have mild Epilepsy instead. I also say which also makes sense in my case it can link with other disabilities like Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and (ADHD). 
Other disabilities that can be cause by a mild brain damage.
There are at least 30% of people who suffer from epilepsy (nearly) who have mild to moderate learning disability. The more severe the learning disability is the more likely the person is to have epilepsy.
Emotional and behaviour problems.
(ADHD hyperactively) is an emotional feeling of sadness. Moodiness anger, which could also be linked with Anxiety and depression. This can happen any time any place any where whether there's a reason to have those emotional feelings or not, this can make a person behave anyway as possible depending how sensitive they feel. People whose disabilities started off from certain brain injuries may likely to suffer from Clinical depression like people such as myself who was born from a mild brain damage.
A sense of anger could be for eg; someone trying to achieve a skill but they just can't without the right support, they feel angry because they have to ask for support and they hate feeling a Burton to people. Yet people who can do can do most things for they don't understand what it's like for those who can do least things for themselves. 




https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/dyscalculia/understanding-dyscalculia
http://www.dyscalculia.org/
http://www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk/dyscalculia
http://www.chicagonow.com/little-kids-big-city/2011/08/is-your-child-ready-for-first-grade-1979-edition/
http://www.nature.com/news/dyscalculia-number-games-1.12153

No comments: