Monday 17 January 2022

Empowering us to move forward

Empowering is not a force it is a choice of those you may be helping at least it doesn't intend to be a force. Don't get me wrong there are times there are important things we need to do and don't want to do but that is not in everything. 

In terms of helping someone else compared to yourself you can suggest things but whether they go along with what you say or not is down to them. Not everyone is necessary but some may go on to things that you don't think about or and don't suggest, which is just as good if not better, achievement, etc even more so which is where they doing very well even more so when they are or and been feeling very negative in whatever way, whether there is the reason or not. In most cases for some if not for most people could be self-confidence, motivation, etc. 

Do not force them to do anything just for the case of doing your job, bit, etc. If they have no interest or they don't like something etc it is not helping them at all and it's not making them feel better or positive about themselves. Even what they like, what they enjoy, what they are good at etc isn't going to make them feel perfect but it should or and say will help them live with the way they feel or and even make them feel better than they have been. 

Over the last year or so not just due to the Covid crisis but the Covid crisis has not helped I have written a lot about Mental health and illness on this website. What I write I go by my experience of facing disabilities, mental illness, etc. I myself have had counseling, emotional support, etc, which has been a  huge help, it doesn't make me myself a professional therapist, counselor, emotional supporter, etc. Professions do amazing just jobs but not all live with the problems themselves, which I wouldn't wish or blame anyone it's just life.  All the same feeling and facing the same but similar to your clients makes a difference and also my intentions are not only to help my clients but hopefully help professions understand too.

Mental illness plays a big part for loads of reasons or no reason at all. Either way, Mental illness doesn't affect people the same way it's no excuse for everything, behaviors, etc but it is also a big part and doesn't help either. This makes it hard to know one what or the other unless until you get to know some and even then there isn't always no real knowing. What is hard nine times out of ten when counseling etc you only communicate with a client for so long like for eg; there are sessions only last six months etc unless say they can resign another six months etc. 

To bear in mind I guess in some rules of the law service etc there may be due to funding etc so many times you can allow a client to resign. Therefore in some cases, you may or may not get to know the people you are helping rather well. Mental illness can vary so much some behaviors can be worse than others where your safety and theirs matter so much. Some are dangerous to them, you or both but not all are necessary down to it but mental illness doesn't help, which is a hard one. Yes, by all means, your safety matters, and of course, you have the right to your concerns but I know is an easy thing to say and not everyone will be a danger to you, there are different extremes of danger and you shouldn't have to deal with any unnecessary. 'However' your managers and those over them etc should and have a responsibility for your safety as well as you.  

Just because most clients may refuse things it doesn't make it the fault of them or you, mental illness can have a huge effect on a person, which may be within the person themselves but they shouldn't be blamed for the way they feel. However' again your safety matters and you can only try to help them the best you can if they are refuse it's not down to you to wave any magic wands etc. It's your right to report any safety concerns for you or them to your manager. 

A word of advice for most fields of work is thinking about very carefully whether or not the field is for you or not and Mental health is one of them. Like all fields of work health and safety are involved, which is more so most fields more so than others. My advice is, to be honest with yourself and others meaning the clients and the people work with. Like I have ready said in this report mental illness is not an excuse for every way people behave but also mental illness doesn't help a person in all ways either. However,' mental illnesses isn't something those who face it chose it makes sense to why we have been misunderstood but mental illness can make most of us behave most of us wouldn't on purpose. however' as I said not everything is down to mental illness everyone has good and bad points in different ways which is why not everything should be excused but also the mental illness can be serious but not always, there are mild and major forms, etc.

 Sorry if I defend anyone but I have to say thinking carefully about if this field for you is important meaning in this, I have to be honest which is a hard one because I don't want to defend anyone but it's a little bit like saying if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I feel guilty to say this because mental illness is hard but safety matters to everyone. Despite health and safety laws, rules, etc it is important for you to think about whether this career is for you or not. Even I feel guilty because I find to word things in a way I can make myself misunderstood without meaning to. What I am trying to do is see things from both sides of making everyone aware that mental illness can be a serious safety risk to one's self and others but everyone is a human being and there's good and bad in everyone, not everything is down to mental illness which is hard to know what is what, which seems a mind field when we except no one to judge us, cause sigma, etc but then when you know you face mental illness yourself it's just raising awareness to help others to put themselves in your shoes and others who face similar if not the same. 

The real point of this report is to raise awareness of how to deal with my mental illness as well as trying to help you help others, which may not always be very helpful sorry to say as everyone you come across is likely to be different. By doing this I will be raising awareness of some if not most of the ways I manage my mental illness. One is to try and help others similar if not the same as me. Secondly is try to focus on things I enjoy and like doing. 3rd raise as much awareness as possible. 

There are many reasons or no reason at all why we feel negative, we all feel negative at times but some of us feel negative more so than others whether it's sadness, anger, etc. It may not always be the case but it may be worth looking into finding out if you or someone you know faces being negative a lot. If so no one is alone and it's to be ashamed of it's just very concerning like I said it may not be the case, in some cases may be a phase that may pass. It's understandable if you or someone you know doesn't want to talk about or and you may just want to tell people you know trust etc or and may you trust no one etc, no voice is forced.  Magic wands cannot be promised but talking may help you manage how you feel, cannot promise to go away but talking to someone may help you deal with it in a positive way, which I know is easy for me to say but you don't have to go along everything they say, they just may suggest things, which may go by their way or and go by your positive ways your choice. 

Now my positive ways what is yours? I will be honest now what I going through depends on the way you look at positive, negative, or both. In most cases, one of the causes of why we feel negative is the weather, whether there can be many others cause too or no causes at all. I understand from my experience to even focusing on what we enjoy, like good at, etc is an effect for us. A little a bit like exercise if you haven't done for a long time, for example, focusing what you like, enjoy, good at starting with say 5 mins or and less, maybe building the time on it each day, etc or think of your own ways if or and when you can. Here is my way for example.

I love writing poetry, short stories, painting learning, raising awareness of disabilities, mental health, etc, mentoring, counseling, advocacy, etc.

Just this lately I have gone into a new study, which tries to understand how science, space, etc works which I never understood in school. However' it's not necessary space but our planet. You know how I said one of the cause to how we may feel in a negative if there's a lot cold bad weather etc, although the weather is part of how planet work it may not be just that. I will be researching and writing about this in my next post. bearing in mind this also includes the positive side as well such as the sun and good weather even probably the right feel of temperate etc.


No comments: