Saturday 22 January 2022

Short Introduction to the American Civil war.

 American Civil war was more of a local war between themselves and other states due to slavery and how the economy was at the time. This started in 1861 and lasted till 1865. I am learning about it myself which is why I am giving a short introduction and adding a website at the end, which will know more than me.

 The reason for choosing this is topic is because during my time this time round in America I had spent a bit of time in South Carolina, which is pretty much places as there where the Civil was. Other places are such as North Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, savannah, and many more.

  This war affected many things such as farms, canals, roads, steamboats, railroads, banking, insurance; newspapers, books, magazines, and more, which had been happening from 1815 to 1861, I say the effect the economy, which I may be wrong to say but more like trying to improve the economy as unpleasant as wars are. 

There it is not an easy or nice one to explain as many lives were injured or lost like they are in all wars.  There again I admit what do I know and I won't be just adding a link to this site I will be reading it as well? Where I need to find out if it did do more good from harm or the other way round in the end. You most likely know more than I do.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

Sadly the Civil war was the worst bloody war for the Americans apart from world war 1, 2, and mand more. There was more than 920'000 death, which completely distorted those left behind. https://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war https://www.americanwars.org/ Abraham Lincoln was president of the United States at the time of the Civil war. The loss of lives etc wasn't nice but the civil war did end slavery when the war was over, I think it did, and says on www.amercianwars.org/ 

No comments: