Sunday 16 October 2022

Introduction to Mental health.

 Introduction to Mental health.

Mental health is part of us just like physical when things are good but if things are bad for us a lot, which gives us bad mental health, which can increase mental illness. We tend to react to life differently from how we would normally. Really, we need to take care of mental health as much as what we do with physical health but for those of us who face is easy said than done. I don’t know anything,  any more than anyone but even though it is hard, it makes sense why there can be misunderstanding between those who face mental illness and professions.

This not to try and scar anyone, sorry if it does but mental illness can be unknown. Please do not worry when I say this, it is not the person’s fault or yours, but anything is possible.  However,’ you are seriously doing an amazing job, you can only do your best and I am not just saying it.  Just that no matter what, mental illness can drain a person at any time. All the same, suggest positive coping skills, it is something for them to bear in mind even if, they don’t consider them straight away or not at all, even some people tend to find their own coping skills, where they don’t always realize that are making effect to help themselves, whereas some don’t but they shouldn’t blame you either, which I guess is easy said than done, when you come across so many people in this field, where like I said a while ago, it’s not always easy for sure to know how much with what you work with is and isn’t mental health, which we don’t always know one way or the other. When I faced counseling for the first time twenty–five years ago, I was given no coping skills whatsoever, the counselor was just listening to what my situation was to what I remember. Completely by accident, I discovered poetry, as a student, I was inspired by John Keats, which inspired me to write my own  because he was writing about similar to what I was facing at the time.

 It is hard to know what was facing at the time, very negative but very strange time. I must admit, I always considered at the point in my life I had a nervous break but whether I did or not, I have to be honest when I think about it now, I am not sure. I guess this is because it was twenty years and the fact I am naturally not in the state of mind I was then.

No matter how hard I tried to not react as I did, it took ages, maybe even a number of years to snap out of it. When my ex-partner went off with someone else, at the time it just turned my world upside down, I think nothing of it now of course. I don’t think I can even explain anymore like I probably could have at the time, where now I wouldn’t give him the time of day.

The only way I can explain is at no one and nothing else mattered other than him. Everyone could see what was happening other than myself and yet he cheated but I was dam fool to be still in love with him, at that point I admit, I would have had him back if he would have changed his mind. In fact, I had him back four years later, then it last seven years till he did again, the second time though I was slightly stronger, then he tried to get me back another few years but that was it, I had enough, and the answer is no, and it still is.

  However,’ it was a lot more than just a relationship break in all the time, I knew him because he never knew what he wanted and didn’t want one day to the next, to the point he  played mind games, where over the years my one counselor had said for what I had told her about him, I was facing mental abuse

 Each time your patient or the client leaves the door of your workplace, no matter what you say, do, what they say to you, do, etc, you have no idea how that person is going to think, feel, etc. This doesn’t mean you are doing right or wrong, and it doesn’t mean it is any fault of yours, but mental illness can have hold of a person at any time, even if the session has turned out successful.

This could depend on the situation, and how it makes us think, feel, react or even interact.  However,’ there doesn’t need to be a reason to think, think good or bad, jolly, happy, sad, angry, etc but there also can be. Thoughts and feelings can happen when they are going to. The negative can encourage most people to behave and react as they may do, although mental illness is not necessary, the cause of everything. The hardest thing is knowing the strengths, types, etc of people’s behaviors, reactions, etc.’ No matter what take care of your own safety as well there’s.  It’s hard because it wouldn’t be right for us to judge one way or the other.  

 Situations could be family history, trauma, abuse, relationships, friendship, family fall outs, break ups rows etc, deaths of people we know, money problems, housing problems, money problems, stress in work, study etc. A-Z mental health - Mind

When thinking and feeling ourselves as we may do,  there are risks, we may be a safety risk to ourselves or to others.

I think possibly more so in the early years, I was facing some form of Depression, where I found, I couldn’t stand staying in the house, wanted to be out drink a lot but then sit alone just watching the world go by.  There were sure thoughts of suicide at the time, and while each day started, I never thought I was going to make the end. Couldn’t focus on anything. In those days, there was no real understanding of mental health, mainly in the workplace, colleges, etc. I did work experience for Beacon for the Blind, where I was turning up for work late, all I was doing there was filing and folding up lea fits but somehow, I got through college, now sure how to mind you.  

One day, my Mother tried to wake me up to go to Beacon, she tried to open my bedroom door to find she couldn’t hand, I was right by the door I fainted so she called Beacon to let them know and said I may be back or I may not, I wasn’t for twenty – four years later to find myself doing a different role from home as a trainee counselor for the Befriending serve.

 

With all mental illnesses, no one is said they are right in everything but there is a difference in what experts and professions know. Professions are to learn to understand, try to help those who face mental illness through what they are facing, while those who facing mental illness are facing the mental illness. I myself, although I face Anxiety and Depression, in terms of trying to help others I am very much a beginner, but I know what is like to face Anxiety and Depression.

I am pleased to know that there are more awareness than there used to be, but we still have a long way to go, and it will always be the case because there’s always something to learn.  

No one should judge how long or short someone is going to think, feel etc because nobody knows only the person themselves, it’s just a case of being there for someone when they need someone’s support. When trying find out, let them know they don’t have to answer you if they don’t want, but trying to find out how long they may think and feeling as do etc, is showing your concern. Show your concern, suggest things but don’t force them to do things or not, their choice. If they answer, that may help you to try and help them, if not let them know your there as long as they want you to be. Do not chase information out of them, let them tell you if it is going to be said. If they wish to tell you if they are getting help else where or and someone else that’s their choice to say, don’t make them tell you, let them tell you off their own bat if they are going to. However,’ major concerns always report to your manager or and someone who works with you and tell the person that you will have to tell he or she  and reasons why but don’t tell anyone else unless they say you can. Types of Depression: Chronic, Episodes, and More (healthline.com)

 

 

 

Types of mental illness.

Depression

Depression is a mood disorder, which can affect different people in different ways, which in some people they cannot forces on things, or for others they don’t feel at ease unless they are doing things, but others it can change to one to the other. Depression can make you feel sad, moody, angerly etc at any time with or without a reason but not everyone who faces it, faces it the same way, it can vary from person to person.

What depression is feeling sad and empty, feeling hopeless. Loss of interest in things, feeling wanting to do things all the time in order to feel at ease with oneself, very little engry or none, feeling guilty and worthless, running oneself down a lot, feeling to want to, or and end one’s life.  It can vary how depression affects people  for eg, f No matter one’s life is mental illness is there in those us who face it, whether we are poor, well off or rich. If someone is seen with a flash car, looking under the weather. Most people think of them being ungrateful to life, you think, feel etc when it happens and no matter what is happening. It doesn’t mean you are ungrateful or not interested etc in however’ life is treating you and doesn’t mean someone is blaming someone for something etc either.

 

rom not focusing on things, not able to cope unless something is going on in one’s life, or and in some people, it can change from one to other.

 

Types of Depression, Bipolar, (sad) Season affected disorder, Clinical depression

When not feeling and thinking good, we tend to do, or and not do too much, or and too little of things, for eg, eating, sleeping etc. What Is Mental Health? | MentalHealth.gov

 

 

No comments: