Saturday 3 January 2015

Teenage poetry 2015


Never say never.

Never say it can't happen to you, I only hope that it doesn't.
You life completely changes from good to bad but there's always someone worse off than yourself.
Make the most of the good you have got because you never know how long it may last but then you may be lucky enough to have that good in your life forever.
Hopefully not but you could lose something good you have had all your life.
Stop to think what it must be like to depend on others a lot.
No one enjoys asking for help a lot but it's not easy when you don't have a choice on most things.
Despite of us been dependent in one way we are independent in other way but each of us in different ways.
We are no different to you we just need more help than but don't ever think it won't happen you, hopefully not but it may. 4.1.2015  

Being a teenager.

Years come and go so fast after teenage years, it can be easy to forget what it was like but you don't forget.
Being a teenager is not an easy time.
No matter what people are like around you are you and you feel know best.
I and many others were once like that but one day most of us our lives different to what we used to even though we never saw it coming.
We all understand being a teenager is tough because everyone seems to know better than you, confusing as it sounds we don't but we do.
I have to say I feel more sorry for your time than it was in my own, with money being as tight as it is today getting a career is hard.
The worse thing for me was the bullying school and my emotions were all over the place, which is no different to others.
I admit it seemed as if I was having it hard at the time but I don't think I was really when I think about now. 3. 1.2015 - 4.1.2015

Youth.

Many would say poetry is boring, I admit it can be.
I guess it puts us poets at shame when the truth hurts.
Okay one could say a poet isn't poet we just have art with words.
May be the truth hurts that we don't.
I remember when I was young thinking I was right and everyone else was wrong, yes I know that's shameful way to be but I learned the hard way because without realizing it I chose to.
Now I think the opposite to what I used to and 99% of the time I'm still wrong, I feel I have learned my lesson so much to a point where now I think I'm always wrong.
I believe you never really get older you just live and learn.
The way we feel and think can be so hard to understand, our minds are a learning processor. 
In the end my poetry, my words whatever you want to call it are just saying what I have learned in life.
It's not to say you have to agree, it's just to say life isn't always what it seems. 4.1.2015



Long school days have gone.

To me the years of school seemed so long but through adult hood the years go far too fast.
I learned nothing.
I  did nothing because I could do nothing mainly as far as the rest of the world was curtained
It's hard to explain what it's like to feel useless.
Anyone could be a slow learner.
Anyone could find it hard to learn.
The teachers used to say far too much for me to remember.
Bully got far too much from the other kids because they saw me as dumb.
It just all seemed as if life wasn't worth living.
I honesty thought I couldn't get any kind of work.
I honesty thought I couldn't achieve anything at all.
It seemed no one liked me but why should I have had to proof myself to anyone?
I just felt as I wasn't a nice person.
I felt useless.
Adult was a big change round for me even though even at the age 45 I still have a long way to go.
I can't believe I achieved a good many exams and although I haven't a proper job, I have come a long way off than the start of my life by helping others worse off than myself.
I haven't done this to prove anyone but myself.
Now I have more friends than when I was in school.
I couldn't write poetry when I was in school.
If you come across some who can't learn easy, don't bully, they are not thick or dumb they are just a bit slow.
Never judge a book by it's cover!
Be careful what you say because they may prove you wrong one day well not you or anyone else but themselves. 3.1.2015  


On heat hanging on the ceiling.
I sat under the light hanging on the ceiling.
The lamp shaid was shaking.
The heat was rising.
I was hanging.
The room span round and round as if I had a good many drinks.
I saw stars on the ceiling spinning around with me.
I had a very bad hair day after I washed my hair.
It went from wet and curly to dry to fizzy as my hair felt the heat.
I tried everything I could to make it dry and curly but it was no good.
This was just me chasing dreams of freedom.  28.12.12



At Life seems worthless but goes on.

I don't have anything in mind to wish.
When I sleep I dream about the love I used to have.
I can't dream about anything that is happening now because there's nothing happening.
My world seems empty, my head feels full of pain and I don't know what to make of this life I have now.
I don't know what will make me happy now.
I am not saying I am not happy but I can't think what I want in life.
To me everything is new.
I don't know what to do until a new day comes my way.

Some days I feel happy.
Other days I feel sad.
Most days I could laugh.
Other days I could cry.
Other days I could have anger.
Others day I could be mad.

It’s hard to understand your feelings can change from happy to sad whether you have a reason to be one or the other or not.
I mostly have my days of anger when I am by myself because I feel so mixed up in my mind.
I want one thing one day or the next. 20.8.1999


Think about the 1914 - 1918 war.

A lot of young men 18 - 35 had lost their lives in the 1914 - 1918 war.
The men who are alive are mostly wounded for life.
Some men have become disabled for the rest of their lives.
Some men are blind, through bombs.
Other men have lost arms, others have lost legs.
Some men have even lost their feet.
Other men have lost eyes, ears, noses and months.
What on earth is life about?
Every town there were street sweepers sweeping the streets.
Grass covered in mud men boots sank deep.
Smoking cigarettes when they felt down and depressed.
Walking and hiding from in the fog.
Falling into the muddy bog.
Fighting for one's life. 2.1.2000


I am writing a silly verse, does it get any worse?

I am writing a silly poem, this poem is worth knowing.
I wish I could write my poems more like Lenard Cohen.
Is Lenard Cohen worth knowing, does he do sewing?

We sat to kiss but there was so much mist.
He's written my name on his love list.
He's a boy who gives me so much joy.

It was a peaceful night,
read before I turned the light.
I could not sleep because there was a fight.

There was once a verse about an empty purse.

I don't know who found the purse first.
I think it a man named thrust.
The man who stool it he was crust.

This is your friend until the end.

This is the end, you’re not my friend.

I swam in the sea,
I saw Lee drinking a cup of tea,
and there was no tea for me.

I need some fresh air.
The sweets we should share.
In this world there's some care.

Today I feel so much sorrow; maybe I will be happy tomorrow.

When I see you tomorrow I will follow.

The man who spends his long life with his wife,
in the end he killed with a knife because was a nightmare of his life.
He paid a big price when he killed his long lasting wife. 2003 -2006
The young.

Walking around day and night.
They don't have to do anything.
Food and drink is very hard to buy these days.
Kids either very little food and drink or too much.
The education is not as good as it you used to be or kids learn things they should not know.

As adults it can be too late for them to learn right from wrong.
They end up begging people for food, drink and drugs.
Some people are on the streets because they have stressed their families out too.
Others have been turned away from their families for no reason; it's hard to know the truth is.

Some people there through lack of attention just for the sake of begging off people.

Some people try to make people feel sorry for them.
The backgrounds of these people are hard to know the truth of.
People don't know whether to help or not. 29.5.2002




BIRD WATCHER WHO SPIES.'
Joanne Evans and Dan Richards Met in London Senior Grammar school in 1960, when they were eleven years old. The Joanne, Dan and his best mate Lee were in the same class together.

Joanne and Dan were both 'Beatles' fans. The songs were very special to both of them. Dan looked like John Lennon. Dan was very interested in history to do with war by trying to give peace. He wanted to know why wars happen. He like John Lennon because he had a lot in common with him and he loved his music, which made him feel very relaxed and calmed his temper down. Dan was also a lonely child like John Lennon and he was very quiet. Dan had a very hard childhood, which made him the person he was. Dan's Father was a heavy drinker; he used to hit his Mother and Dan. Dan used to try to think how to get away from it all, when he was old enough too. Dan could not sing or play music but he could write poetry and draw.


Lee was a big fan of Mick Jagger from the 'Rolling Stones', he had a rubber lips just like Mick Jagger.

One Friday, Dan was off school with a Stomach bug, it must have been something wrong with that steak and kidney pie he had from the Chip shop.
Lee Dean’s, who Dan thought was his friend, thought it was a great chance to go after Joanne.

" Are you free tomorrow Joanne because I don't think Dan will be well enough?"
" Lee by the sounds of your voice, you are after something because Dan is not here."
" The answer to your question is no!"

Lee carried on giving Joanne a bad time but Joanne was not having any of it. Lee had been very jealous but he turned his back, huffed, puffed and sulked because he was not getting his own. Strangely he suddenly sang, thinking Joanne could not hear him.

“I CANNOT GET ANY SATISFACTION”!

“Please you Joanne, Dan is using."

After Friday morning break, Lee asked his teacher Mr Johns, if he could set him up a bird project for home work. He made out to Mr Johns that he was very interested in the subject of bird watching, meaning the birds that fly but not truth Lee Lied.
Lee was a show off, bragger and wanted everything he could not have. He lost a lot of friends because he wanted their girlfriends so he could not get girlfriend himself. Lee could be alright if and when he wanted to.

" I want to take up bird watching sir, can you set me up some homework please."
" I am sure I can do that Lee."
" I want to study all kinds of birds, sir."

The whole class worked Lee's thoughts, then started to laugh but Lee was dying too laugh but he knew he'd get found. Mr Johns shouted in a very angry voice.

“What you all laughing at."

They all sat in their seats trying to keep straight faces, they knew Lee was up to something but they did not know what.

“Nothing sir, we just can't stop laughing."

Mr Johns became very cross because he could not understand why the whole class was laughing.

Mr Johns gave Lee his home work.


It was Saturday morning; Dan started to feel a bit better so he rang Joanne up. Joanne told Dan what happened with Lee while Dan was not in school. Dan could not believe it.

" Dan, Lee is after me."
" No he is not, he just likes the doing things I don't like him doing when I am not in his company."
" Dan, Lee is doing a bird project for home work."
"The only bird Lee is interested in is the human female birds."

Joanne and Dan planned to go to Saint James’s park.

" Anyway I will meet you at 12.00 pm for lunch at Saint James’s park, Joanne."
" Ok, Dan."
" We will try to find a private place in the park, Joanne."
" Yes, that will be great Dan."

Both Joanne and Dan looked forward to a nice hot sunny peaceful day in the park. The weather was lovely but they thought they found the private spot behind the park shed where the Park keeper directed them. It was in a romantic field full of roses, trees, brushes and singing animal birds.

They just got on as couples do and started talking about their hopes when they leave school, until someone tried to come in between them.

Without them knowing, Lee had put a pair of step ladders by a high fence, he was looking through his Father's binoculars. Joanne and Dan did not notice at first. Lee was so happy to notice Joanne; he near enough fell off the ladder with the binoculars in his hands. Lucky Lee only just managed to save himself from falling off the ladder. Lee had to be careful he didn't damage his Dad's binoculars, his Dad did not know Lee took them, B he'd be for if he damaged them. Joanne heard the nose of the ladders going while Dan was a sleep, which woke Dan up.

Joanne stood up in her pink bikini; little did she know at that point Lee wrote on a brown paper bag. Lee put the brown paper bag into his blazer pocket as quick as he could. He was still strangely wearing his school uniform on a Saturday. Lee was hoping that Joanne and Dan would not notice him spying on them.




PINK TIT BIRDIE'.

“What on earth are you doing here Lee?"

Lee laughed.

" I am doing my bird project home work for Mr Johns, Dan."

" Don't lie Lee, you bored because you have not got a girlfriend." said Joanne

" What kind of bird are you looking for Lee?" asked Dan

" Pink Tit bird, Dan."

Dan laughed.

The fall out carried on over whether Lee was bored without a girlfriend or if it was bird project home work. Dan and Joanne took a look around to see if there's any such bird such as a pink tit bird.

“There’s no sign of a pink tit bird here Lee." said Joanne

" It could be a bird, we have never heard of before, I saw it in my bird project book at home."

" Have you got your book on you now?" asked Dan

" No I forgot it."

Dan could not be bothered falling out.

" Bring it to school on Monday Lee!"

" Ok."

Both Joanne and Dan knew Lee was up to something.

It was Monday morning, Mr Johns asked.

“Home work, Lee Deans!"

Lee showed Mr Johns a brown paper.

" What am I to do with a brown paper bag, boy that's not homework and what am I looking for?"

" PINK TIT, sir."

Whole class started laughing yet again apart from Joanne and Dan.

" Everyone stops laughing!" said Mr Johns as he caned Lee seven times.

The whole class stopped laughing as Lee was screaming. Poor Lee was shaking like a leaf; they all felt sorry for him in a strange way, even Joanne and Dan.

" Now sit down boy, I bet you won't sit down for a week now!"

Lee tried to sit down, it hurt so much he got up again but Mr Johns force him to sit back down again.

“I told you it would hurt boy, sit back down, I am going to talk to the whole class."

Mr Johns got his bird project book out of his old wooden deck.

“Now children open your desks, your bird projects books should be there, so see if there's a Pink tit".

Everyone looked, everyone said.

" No Sir."
" Ok, we will go for a mini bus ride to Saint James’s park to see if there is any such bird as a Pink tit bird."

Suddenly everyone looked around for this Pink tit bird in Saint James’s park bit no sign.

" You see Lee, no one can find this Pink tit bird in the park either, you are wasting a lot of class time." said Mr Johns
" Sorry sir."
" Sorry is not good enough, Lee; it's now 12.00 pm everyone's lunch time."

Suddenly going back to school in the mini bus Dan and Joanne told Mr Johns what Lee was playing at.

" Why didn't you tell me this morning?"
" We thought this would make things worse, sir." said Dan
" You have made it even worse, Dan by leaving it to the last minute."
"Now I don't have to deal with just one of you but three of you that are the cane, detention and lines."

Mr Johns rang the children’s' parents up, as soon as they got home they got the cane again.

Mr Johns got very cross with Lee.

" I have heard that you had spied on Joanne and Dan in the park Saturday afternoon."

" I was doing my homework sir."

" See your fibbing again, Lee."

Lee stood shaking as Mr Johns gabbed the collar of his shirt.

" I think you are very jealous of Dan and Joanne, you like spoiling thing for other people and you hate it when you don't get your own way."

" Why did you do it Lee?"

" It was a joke, sir."

" One sick joke, that's just gone too far, don't you mean?"

" What started this silly game?"

" I can't get any satisfaction out of girls’ sir."

" You won't have a girlfriend or friends, if you try to take your friend girls off them."

" I didn't mean to hurt anyone, sir."

" You can't always get your own way, Lee."

" I will try to keep that in mind, sir."

" Now let's get on with it, I am still not very happy with you Lee."

Lee had to write in his lines.

I MUST NOT TRY TO GET MY WAY WITH MY FRIEND'S GIRLFRIEND.

The three children had to spend two hours after school in school. Mr Johns told the class what happened on that Saturday afternoon. Joanne and Dan did not think that Mr Johns would say anything to the class. They found out what mistake it was to tell Mr Johns but Lee would not have had the guts to tell Mr Johns himself what he was up to. Lee had spoiled his friendship with Joanne and Dan forever. It did not seem to bother Lee how Joanne and Dan felt; he did not care about people's feelings. He thought it was some kind of a big joke but it ended up as one sick joke. On the bright side Joanne and Dan never let Lee come bet wean then.
To build a story.

To create a human being in its own character.
This human character needs feelings.
There needs to be an event in a place with atmosphere around the character.
We need adjectives to our readers about our characters, places they go and live. 13.5.2005

This poem is from a teenage love story I wrote many years ago, which has never been know whether it's good enough or not, it's called 'THE BIRD WATCHER WHO SPIES'.

The bird watcher who spies.

Joanne and Dan met at High school in London in 1960.

Dan's friend Lee asked the teacher Mr Johns if he could do a bird project for home work.
Mr Johns did not see why Lee couldn't do a bird could project at the time.
Joanne and Dan met at Saint James’s park on a Saturday afternoon at 2.00pm.
Lee found Joanne and Dan's private place in the park, without them looking he spied on them with his Dad's binoculars as Joanne was wearing a pink bikini.
Joanne went mad at Lee because he woke Dan up in the park.
On Monday morning, Mr Johns asked Lee for his home work.
Lee gave Mr Johns a piece of paper saying, Pink tit bird.
Mr Johns was not very happy with Lee wasting his time; the rest is in the story.
Mr Johns asked the whole class to look in their books for the Pink tit bird.
Joanne and Dan were very happy with Lee. 15.7.2005





The Lee kissed the sixth form teacher.   

Suddenly Lee looked at his watch to realize he was late for school. He knew he was going to be trouble as he had maths with Miss Cane. The snow was very deep as young Lee still had miles to walk. It looks as if Lee loved firefly women his day as he was looking forward and dreading the strict school teacher with a thin old cracked face and a brown and cream dog checked coat. I love women when they get angry Lee though.  
“Sorry I’m late Miss the snow is so deep today”
“Walk up my desk Deans so I can give a good spanking, for been late!”  
Lee as cheeky as he was, he looked at the other kids with such a big smile.
 “Oh yes please Miss Cane any time.”
“You are going to regret you have said that young Deans.”
“Really.”

Wrack! Lee screamed
“Now stand up, you won’t sit down for week boy, you back side is so sore.”
 Yes it is love thought Lee.
“By the way Lee, you have detention tonight.”
“I know why you are smiling Lee.”
“Sorry Miss.”
Oh do Miss though Lee.
The kids there and laugh.
“Does anyone else want a wrack?” as Miss Cane stood up waving the cane in front of every child’s face as the look their faces started to change from laughing to fear.
 At the end of the day Lee needed to correct him maths because he was so poor in his as Miss Cane went through it with him. Lee’s feelings for Miss Cane were so strong that he couldn't control his emotions. Despite of Lee been a very cheeky child he felt guilty for the he felt, which made his feel ashamed and nervous.  He couldn't keep his thoughts to himself yet he was dreading telling Miss Cane how he felt that way about her. It seemed strange that such a young boy of 16 to 18 could take such a shine an old hag of a teacher like that. Due to Miss Cane’s such strict ways is why Lee was dreading her response for him having felt that way towards her.
 It was no wonder he kept it secret from all the children in the school he would be bullied more, he put up with enough bully as it was.  
“I have something to tell you Miss which is very hard to.”
“Oh right, get on with it boy, get on with it!”
Red and sweat just came out of him. Miss Cane’s patience’s were wearing. He was so scared of what she was going to say to him. He could she wasn't wearing forever so he well what will be will be.



“I fancy you Miss Cane.”
By Lee’s surprise and shock Miss Cane said.
“An old hag like me going with a gentle boy like you.”
“What strange taste have you got boy, you cannot be serious.”
“Oh I can be I have never been serious in my whole dam life.”
“Now you’re asking for it boy, do you want another wrack?”
“Oh that’s what I love about you Miss is the anger in you.”
“Now I am getting to like you boy, you’re so brave to face such a woman like me.”
“This wasn't easy to tell you Miss.”
“You have guts boy I give you that.”
“What’s the answer Miss?”
“Yes oh yes boy.”
“Are sure Miss?”
“I wouldn't say yes if I wasn't serious boy.”
“I think you need to learn more that school education off me, boy.”
“What kind of education is that miss, love and sex boy.”
It was 5pm; Miss Cane and Lee were the only people in the building. They spent an hour together, and then Lee walked it home as if it was a normal detention.
Miss Cane was very crafty; she only did detentions when Lee needed be in detention so she didn't lose her job. Lee accepted that, they both knew they had to be very careful by keep their relationship a secret, which they didn't. No one knew anything until they were married but then divorced.
Miss Cane carried on working until Lee left school, got through his exams and then went onto college. They both agreed to marry when Lee left school. Miss Cane took an early retirement and bought a house for her and Lee. Lee got a job as a reporter until he went onto university, then he be became a writer after he had done his English degree. Even though Miss Cane retired she still supported Lee through his studying during marriage life.
By the time Lee was 21 and Miss Cane was in her mid to late 40s the marriage was going downhill. Thorough the differences in age, they way they both thought and everything else it was time for a change. By then Lee was growing up a bit and wondering what he ever saw in such a woman. The marriage was a big mistake anyway and it all happened for the wrong reason. It was all one big joke to start off with. Lee realized that he would to meet someone younger; he may have had children and even marriage again.
 It was rather sad for Miss Cane though who had never had a great deal of luck relationships in fact before Lee. For one it never interested her beforehand. Miss Cane was strict and old fashioned in her ways for people like that before and after the 60s was very few and between.




No comments: