Saturday 27 June 2015

What is Learning Disability and Mental Health?


  Most if not all disabilities link with mental health problems.
  Most disabilities can affect some people in a physical, Mental and emotional way.
  Mental disabilities can affect the mind which can bring on Mental Health problems.
    Physical disabilities limit an individual's ability to physically function.

ICE BREAKER
  Now we are going to do the icebreaker.
   Now talk to the person sitting next to you about what you want to learn today.
  Write on the post it note and stick it on the Post-it board.
  Thank you.

   
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
  These are the aims and objectives for today.
  To define what a learning disabilities and health problems are.
  To inform learners about the needs and wants of people regarding your services.
  To explore and challenge values, behaviours and attitudes.
  To provide an introduction to producing accessible information.


LEARNING DISABILITY AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.
  What do you think the word Learning Disability and Mental health means?
  Please get into groups of four or more and talk about it or and you could read the information up online or in other refencnces.
  Please feedback to me afterwards.
  You have 15 minutes in class to give me feedback.
  Online please email me on sarajgorman@gmail.com.

Easy read information.
·       What is easy read information?
  Please study easy read information on sararevealed.blogspot.com/.
  Please feedback to me on sarajgorman@gmail.com.
  This will show how to make information clear.
  Don’t think everyone likes it the same so ask the person first.
  Get yourselves into groups of four and talk about it.
   I n class you have 15 minutes to feed back to me, thank you.

Please tell me one thing you have learned today about Learning Disability and Mental Health?

  Have we covered everything in today’s session on the post-its?
  If you are online please email me to tell me what you have learned off my website thank you.
  I hope you have learned what you have hoped to learn.
   If you’re in class please fill in the feedback form in your file to tell me what you have learned and how you feel about the session thank you.
  Good bye have a safe journey home if you are in class.


No comments: