Monday 2 January 2017

Sara Revealed: UP DATE ON AUTISM.

Sara Revealed: DATE ON AUTISM.
MORE UP DATE ON AUTISM.

People with LD know how our LD affect us, we are our own Health staff more than what Health staff are.

We know we feel but we find it hard to explain how we feel.

We are the ones who have to feel and cope with the disabilities every day of our lives. All Health staff need to learn from people with LD.

My family have always guessed that I have mild Autism, they have seen films on people like me over the years.

There was no such thing as been diagnosed for anything just over 40 yrs ago, let lone disabilities.

The main thing I know is that I have feel as if I have always been a lack of communication and understanding in my life time.

I have felt like the only person in the world whose useless and as if the whole world is over crowding me.

It can be hard to understand yourself at times let alone the rest of the world. for eg; I used to wonder why it took me until I was 20 to tie my shoes laces.

When I other children learning quicker, it felt as if I was the only slow child in the world.

When grow up you learn understand always someone worse off than yourself.

As much as it's not a big deal but it is when you are a child it is, having been a slow learner, it didn't help me to make friend very easily.

As an adult I can mix a bit better, it was hard at first but it's made me become the opposite to what I used to be even if I have one pint I go to the pub and talk to people.

Everyone has faults and full outs with families, partners and even friends.

Don't get me wrong, I don't put all my faults down to my disabilities but mostly Autism is a social problem because people like myself seem different to other people.

It's just educating and training the world to accept people with LD how are.

I will be honest that disabilities have mostly caused full outs with my family too.

I was most mistaken for been a naughty child but as I say not everything was due to my disabilities, I was a naughty child most of the time.

According to the National Autistic Society I could have Asperger Syndrome.

The good news is now that the world is learning about learning disability.

Slowly people will notice learning disability more.

For eg; a person may be able to walk and talk but they may have hidden disabilities.

People think that person can cope just like them unless they spent a lot of time with them.

No one knows until or unless it happens to them. For eg; Why is this adult spilling a hot drink?

This because their hands shaking, they can't grip the cup because the cup is too heavy.

It can slip out the person's hand.

It's doesn't have to be a little bit of coffee but too full.

Easy grip cups so it's for them to grip.

This is why more assessments need to be made so people learn about people disabilities because everyone is different.

Why has that adult wet themselves? Most people like myself have very bad bladder and bowel problems, they can't make it to toilet quick enough.

In many cases these problems take a long time to understand.

For eg; lack communication and understanding.

There are all kinds of Autism, I think I may be Aspire Syndrome.

Social communication, social interaction and social imagination.

I have very little speak problem as far as I am aware.

Most people don't have Aspire linked to their disabilities but some of us do, like I do.

Dyslexic may linked into Aspire too, like I can have problems with reading, writing and maths.

With reading it depends what I am reading, it can depend on the lay, the words I read, size of the pint and etc.

I have always been very bad with maths.

If the print is too small, then it's no good mainly on black on white paper so I am better off with coloured paper really.

Words jump off the ink is black, paper is white and very small.

Please read your Accessible information guidelines, thank you.

With writing it can depend what I am writing, I can miss words out and find some words hard to spell.

Dyspaxia lack of motor skills and gripping things, which is another disability I have.

(ADHD) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.


With the right support people with Aspine Syndrome can live full independent lives.


BEING DIAGNOSED.

In some ways people like I have said at the start of this report, that people with disabilities are our own Health.

We know what we find hard in life and what we don't.

It took me yrs to face up to my disabilities because I could walk and talk but I never understand why I could learn as quick as everyone else.


This made me feel like the odd out.

I thought I was the only one in the world who had these problems.

Everyone seemed bigger and better than me.

It took me until I was in my mid teen early twenties to understand that life isn't what it seems.

There are plenty of like myself if not worse off than myself.

Since I have been helping out with Our Shout Mencap and even in the short I have had my business Access All Areas Now! I have learned to understand I am not alone.

I never understood why I was like I was.

There are many people even older than me who have never had their disabilities diagnosed yet and they may never will.

To be truthful I have never really had my disabilities diagnosed either.

Some disabilities may be too late to diagnose others may not.

Even though we know what we face in our day to day lives.

All Health staff need to do is name our disabilities according what we can and can't cope with.

Now that I am getting older, I am not building my hopes that I will have my disabilities diagnosed but I will never say never.

It's always best really for a person to be diagnosed from the start of their disabilities.
( As early as possible.)

Now that there's more research and education than there ever used to be that being diagnosed should be know quickly.

A person such as me, whose been around for just over 40 yrs, it could be too late for but I guess that would depend on a person's disability.

(Sorry for showing my age but as I say I am building my hopes up but never say never.

Cure.

There's no cure for Aspine Syndrome but I have got better as I have got older.

If anything I guess the old medication I was on all those yrs ago made me have less awareness to learn.

When I think about it those tablets gave me more disabilities than what I was born with.

Since I have been off those tablets I have more awareness to learn.

It's very important to ask people how medication is affecting them otherwise they could be big dangers to their lives.

Keeping trying with different medications until they get the right ones.


No comments: