Tuesday 9 February 2021

Tips that may help you move forward.

 You may think how I am today I haven't lived mental health, I have but I am still living it, only over the years I have learned to live it my way and you will learn to live it your way. However' it won't be necessary the same way as I do, in which case that's okay because it would be a boring world if we were all the same. Just to say even when we improve we can never be  100 percent better and happy but 100 percent at least better than we were. 

Only because I am writing this blog doesn't make me know better than anyone, most people have faced mental health and still will have different ways of managing, etc, no one knows more or better than the other, that's the same with professionals too. You do and don't do what's best for not anyone else, this blog is just here for you if you want to read or and if you want to go along with what I suggest or not. Other people may have other ideas people may or may not go with. If no one goes along with my ideas I don't see it as a waste of my time writing this, no one is forced to do what they don't want to.

It's good to tell some about your experience and not all. Remember it's hardly surprising although counseling services are under privacy laws etc some people may still feel very vary telling strangers their business etc no matter how trusting they are and have to be. However' it would be a boring world if we all thought the same. 

When I had my mental breakdown back in 1997 someone suggested counseling to me, I never understood what it was and at first, I feared it to think I was seen as going crazy, round the bend, etc. If I am honest I was worried I might have been sectioned but in three months I gave it some thinking and decided to give it go but it hard to believe in my case glad I did. In time I found myself into poetry without thinking about it or planning to but in a positive, that was another way forwards, even though for quite a while I found it hard to see that.  

Due to my struggle to sleep through thinking, worrying, and having suicidal thoughts, someone suggested Antidepressive that was a no-no to me, although I wasn't sure whether I was deciding right or not but after a long while I realized I do right for me anyway. It doesn't work for everyone but in some things,

 you may need to give yourself time to improve. 

It might not be for everyone but maybe trying to write what is going in your mind, you don't need to necessary keep it, show anyone or publish it, etc unless you want, you don't have to do this at all if you don't want, just a suggestion that may or may not help and there's no pressage to try. Maybe keeping a diary, journal, etc if you please.

One thing I used to have difficulty with was living to the present moment without having to think about yesterday and tomorrow but I have slightly improved on that now. 

Another suggestion could be thinking about you enjoy hobbies, interests, careers, exercise, etc.  

No comments: