Sunday 14 February 2021

Valintine's day poems in lockdown

 Love is frozen without you. 

Lockdown is here but it freezes love and never takes it away unless you let it.

Winter and lockdown is long without love.

Time is unknown but nothing is completely gone. 

Times may be blue but redness could be late.

Hang on there least we can keep in touch online in a letter or and phone. 

If you love someone enough you won't give up on them. 

The time comes to those who wait. 


It's easy to say.

It's easy to say I know but it's their loss and your gain.

With lockdown I understand it's likely to make things duller, it's easy to say and I bet you have heard this saying many times but it's true, plenty more fish in the sea.

I know it's hard to see the way forward but there is and time is a good healer no matter long or short it is. 

Hang on in there don't let anyone end your days and night, no matter how much damage they have done or tried to do.

I know that's easy for me to say, although I haven't faced it for a long time I know that feeling well and it's hard but keep hanging there, your doing really well, no one is worth ending your days and nights for. 

You just never know, next Valentine's day may be the day for you, if not plenty more to come, also plenty of other days and nights to come. 

The single rose.


When the wind blows it opens one single rose.
When the rain comes down the whole roses are very washed down.
When spring has just started lovers have run.
When summer is on its way lovers pick roses every day.


Lovers.

Eating ice cream on a hot summer's day in the park.
Eating fish and chips, kissing and hugging wrapped up warm on a cold winter's night in the dark.

Eating popcorn in the back seat on the back row hugging the night away.
Drinking in the pub getting drunk, hugging and kissing 


I hope you feel the same as I do.

I am sitting writing poetry about you.
Thinking about you as I do.
You love me like I love you.
Your not only my lover but my best friend.
What happens happens.
I can't expect it to happen forever but never say never.


War.

Protecting yourself from gas and smoke with a gas mask.
Bombs going off and going mad.
Boots getting stuck in the mud.
Sore wounds as one move from place to place.
Hoping and dreaming that the war will be soon over to give love and peace.
Young men and women have been poised by gas.
Worrying about losing loved ones.


I love you madly.

Hello, my lovely laddie, I Love you so madly.
I hope you don't leave me so sad.
Why am I so mad as a lass to meet such a lad?

I may as well lose the love from start to end.
One way or the other I will manage to be loved again and dumped again.
I once ended up with a laddie who went off with another.
We fell in love for two and a half years, after that I had so many fears.
It took me a long time to move on, now gladly and madly I love another laddie.


I have no fear.

I have no fear of trust.
There's a lot about you that makes me feel as if I can trust you.
I love you for you.
In my mind, there's no one like you.
When I am without you, I miss you so much.
Now I am brave enough to cope without you.
It does not matter to me what life is like and how hard it is nothing or no one will put me off you.
Please get some sleep while you can with you working all night long.
I don't want anything to happen to you.
I'd rather miss you because your working than knowing that I am not going to see you again.


In your dreams.

Once upon a time, I knew you for two and a half years which seemed like a lifetime.

Thinking back you were not knowing.
I know the truth hurts but not as much as you hurt me.
Why has it taken you so long to knew that you made a mistake leaving me in the first place?

Well, it's only your own loss.
If only you had not hurt me in the first place, you know now that you hurt the wrong woman.

Don't ever think if she leaves you that you can come back to me.
You must accept that nothing can be the same again.

Things will get worse for you not better, you would either up end living with a nasty old woman or you could end up being a lonely old man.
It's far too late now.

If you still love me, please leave me to love a man who will love me for me not what he can get out of me.

If you don't love me, why should I be bothered, I don't love you either.

 love you and I know you love me.

I love you and I know you love me.
I have that loving feeling that we are meant to be.
I love your lovely dark hair, those lovely brown eyes stick out a mile.

It's so sad I can't see a tiny bit more of you.
I just want to make it clear to you that my feelings are very strong towards you.
I hope we are right for one another.

To me you are a love waiting for, I hope I am right in thinking that.
You are very special to me.
No other male has made me feel like you do. 


You and me.

Ups and downs may well happen time after time but good and bad are excepted to be.
At the end of the day, we are strong for one another.
There's not a day that goes by that we don't think of one another.


Last chance.

I have given you your last chance to be.
I did not expect to be loving you again, it just happened because I love you so much.
You're forgiven this once but hurt me again no matter how hard it hurt me to let you go, I will have to let you go.

How lucky you are to get me back, you have taken this chance.
Don't let me don't because there will be no going back.
You only live once, you will end up a lonely old man if you let me down again.

If you are not careful someone else could step into your shoes, you don't want that do you?
Whatever came over you to go off with her in the first place?
Whatever has got into me to go back to you?
The answer is that I love you.

What does it matter what happened in the past, now we will look to the future.
I look into your eyes, I knew too well that we knew each other so well.
Now that I am back in your loving arms, I hope that this is where I belong.
I hope you are here with me to stay otherwise you can go away.

My heart and mind can only write about whether our love is right or wrong.
This is how I feel about you, my love is strong enough for you but please be honest with me if you can't stay with me.

Sometimes action speaks louder than words.
When hurt me you told me how you felt at the time about me.
You made it very clear that you did not love me anymore.
You were the only man I loved, I still do.
You locked my heart now you have opened it back again.
I have always held the key for you, rightly or wrongly I always will but not if you hurt me and lock my heart again.


Lonely.

I am so lonely without you.
I don't know anyone without you.
Just like you, I have been put on this earth for a reason.
Where do I come from?
Who do I belong to?
Who am I?
Someone talk to me!
Someone help me get through this hard life?


My love.

My love is lost completely without you.
My future is nothing without you.
When I lost you it was true, I was having a nightmare.
I could never see what was going to happen.
I did not know where I was going to end up.
I can't get lost again: I have found you again.
I needed you more when you were not there but still you here now.
How did we find and lose one another in the first place?
Now that you are back I am very happy again.
How did we meet to love again?
It just happened, I am so glad it did.
I hope you are here to stay this time.


No comments: