Saturday 7 May 2022

Awareness of epilepsy and mental health part 3.

 what they were thinking more so than girls and women. How most men would shy away from whatever was said to them etc.

My ex-partner was a fine example where at times, I never knew whatever was bothering whether it was something else or something, he only said if he wanted to and if he wanted to.

 He would sit there silent with a face like a wet weekend as if he were going to blow his top at any second. If you ask him what is wrong, he will say nothing, or it is nothing to do with you, etc. Things like he would moan because he is in pain, but he would not try going anything to get himself treated, etc, if I said doctors, etc he would refuse, etc, very stubbed. He would bottle things up and be complete and he’d be moody etc until he decided to snap out of it, it was like no one else mattered.

 If only I had the strength then to walk away and let him copy on his own, which yes that’s how he made himself out he wanted but I was so much in a different frame of mind back then that I found it hard to walk away from that point but I years later, better late never as they say but not an easy one when someone doesn’t can’t accept your help.


Not everyone is like him, I am pretty certain he didn’t want to be helped but I think might have been a different story if I had walked away from that point but in many people’s cases, it’s not an easy one if someone does find it hard to open up. 




No comments: