Saturday 7 May 2022

Dyspraxia awareness part 6

 My reason is that Dyspraxia can have a huge on a person’s life physically and mentally least from my experience such as tieing, shoelaces, buttons, zips, etc but some of these items can be harder to manage than others such as lids, pop bottles, etc, which I have faced all my life but only been aware why for say the last fifteen to twenty years or so and I’m nearly fifty – one. Dyspraxia can affect gripping and strength, if a person has not had psycho from a young person, like from my experience because Dyspraxia was unknown when I was a young child. This can affect you from having your own children without the right support to help you look after them mainly in terms of bathing, dressing, holding your child, etc.

Just to say that Dyspraxia isn’t all negative on the positive side I have done creative writing courses, been a public and private Advocacy worker, and been on and off computer courses for twenty – three years, I can draw, paint, poetry, and short stories, etc I need support with, I have done three Mentoring qualifications and as I said at the start of this book I have been a visiting Lecturer in learning disability and mental health since 2015. Therefore, a person with Dyspraxia does not face all negative.

https://www.webmd.com/children/guide/detecting-learning-disabilities#4

No comments: