Monday 9 May 2022

It is hard to have the right idea for a writing idea.

 

 

I'd like to think things have come a long way in my career since the mid-90s but I will be honest to say I can't say that I have hit all my goals to be what I have always wanted to be from when I was young. Still, I am grateful for what I have achieved over the years. All this boils down to getting the right support which I have some areas not all.

I'm now 52 nearly  53 in October. I have to say like everyone I am not getting younger and no one is. Despite that, if I don't achieve everything wanted to, as long as I am on this planet, even if it earns me very little or no money, fame or no fame, etc, I may not be physically fit but I am not someone who does nothing at all. Even at home, I have at least got a project on the go even if it's off my own bat.

Like it has for everyone covid has been tough but I guess we have learned some things in ways we may not have if Covid and lockdown hadn't happened. For eg; I wouldn't have experienced working volunteer from home. I have achieved two Qualifications Counseling and Mental health awareness level 1 back to working for the Beacon center but from home and this is a very different role to what it was back in the mid to late 90s, that was basic Admin at that time this is for Beacon Befriending service, phoning people up who are facing emotional problems, lacking friendships, etc. Hopefully after facing my own issues and having had a break - down I can do my best to help others face if not the same but similar to what I did.

In case you cannot see what the report above is about, what it was at the time I was doing work experience at the Compton hospice shop, making staff drinks, and tidying up the shop. 

I was 26 years old at the time in 1996, and Compton hospice was not much ideal career but they supported me with little bits of what I was aiming to do along the way by supporting me to write this report above. They also, helped me build my confidence. 

As for writing a year have that report was written in 1996, a for a year I faced a Mental - break down in October 1996 break - down but that wasn't anything to do with Compton hospice but so many months after I discovered writing poetry. 

I stopped on Compton, I think only so many months after my Adult training schemes had finished, and moved on to placements like the Motions, Beacon center for the Blind, etc.

Little did I realize then I was going to racing Learning disability and mental health awareness so many years later.



No comments: