Wednesday 11 February 2015

Introduction to Autism

  
   
 Introducing Autism.
  Doctor Leo Kanner discovered Autism.

Like all people with and without disabilities people with Autism want to lives to the full.

 Like all people, we want to make the most of our lives.


Listen to us, we have rights too!
  
We want to be treated like human beings not like objects.

A lot of people with Autism like our routine,
Change is a hard thing for us to deal with.
.We all have different disabilities and different difficulties.

What is Autism?


Autism is a lifetime disability.


Most people with Autism very creative like Albert Einstein and Temple Grandin


What most people don't understand?

 There are many hidden disabilities that are misunderstood when peoples' disabilities don't show.
  My disabilities have not been diagnosed; they knew very little when I was born.

     There's at least one form of Autism that links with Dyspraxia.

Dyspraxia is a hidden yet physical disability, which is odd because physical disabilities shown on the whole.


Mentally Disabled
Physically disabled
  I was born with lack of oxygen to the brain, 
Autism can happen, before during and after birth.

Before
During


After

 This is a mild damage on the left hand side of my brain, which causes me to be a bit slow.
 I had fits from birth to the age of 12

Then they came back when I was 31.

Autism can affect peoples' communication and development.
There are different forms of Autism, may be my form is a Mild form called AS,

This has never been diagnosed.
 But my families have learned over the years
  I may some kind of mild Autism.
When people first see me,


    They think I can learn as quickly as them because I can walk and talk.

Some people may never see me again so they will never know my disabilities.

Mild Autism and Dyspraxia could be linked together; even Dyspraxia is a hidden physical disability.

  Even though I can walk and talk,
 I do have co - oration problems mostly with my hands, even though my disabilities in my hands are not shown.

Autism is more of a Mental disability than Physical or and both.
If I do have mild Autism I may be Asperger.
Asperger and Dyspraxia are hidden disabilities.
  But when it comes using my hands my problems are for eg; opening jars,
 My grip is not very strong.
Motor skills can be a problem.
I can't ride a bike or drive a car.


Daniel Radcliffe who played Harry Potter has Dyspraxia.


My Aunty thinks I may have Dyspraxia.

     People with disabilities can find it hard to explain ourselves,

 Give us time for us to do and say what we are going to.


There is not much difference between Dyslexia and Dyspraxia.
Dyslexia is not a gripping problem yet Dyslexia and Dyspraxia are reading, writing, maths and spelling problems.
Please do not misunderstand the problems in learning disability,
Understand the talents.

 It doesn't mean that people with disabilities cannot do these skills,
 Information may be put down on paper the wrong way round for eg;

Leonardo Davini had Dyslexia, he was a painter and he could do mirror writing so can I.
Mirror writing is upside down writing.

For eg; some might write 82 meaning to write 28.
A lot of people with Dyslexia are very talented. Henry Winkler was an actor in 'Happy Days' he was the fonz, he's Dyslexia too.

As a writer, when I get ideas I write as I think, can be too fast to notice my mistakes. 

 I need someone help me proof read my work because

Some mistakes I notice others I don't.
This is why I help to see that there are no mistakes.
 Dyslexia is a reading and writing disability but most people with dyslexia can read and write, just have problems with spelling, grammar.
 What goes through the mind not everything goes down paper clear enough to make sense.

  I am creative with words, I write poetry and short stories.

It can be so easy to get misunderstood.

Other people have problems with letters and numbers but people can be stronger on each area of each topic than the other, which is like me.

 This is where


 
I find numbers a lot harder than words when it comes to maths.

Computers.

With computers I am stronger with some areas than others.
This is me when I am doing well with computers.
This is me when I am not doing well at computers.
This can cause a lack of communication,
Through misunderstanding.


There are three forms of Autism Spectrum, and ADHD (Attention Defect Hyperactive Disorder.)



 This can leave peoples’ lives controlled without any choice.

People with disabilities know when our lives are been controlled and when we have no choice.
We may have problems that affect our lives but still have brains,
We are just a bit slow.
We are not thick or stuib!
We just need a bit more help with some things than other people.
Society says that most people with disabilities are poor with coping with money yet, which is true.




Not many of us do not get enough help to take care of our money.

Not all people with Autism get the right services.

There are more children's service than adult services.


There should be services for all people.

There’s not enough help.

A lot of people need help with benefits, work, home and etc.


These forms are not Accessible for all people with disabilities to read, write and understand.
Some people can't write or even sign their name.



The help should be there from all services if and when people with disabilities need it and want it.

Not everyone who should have help always gets help or enough.
People with disabilities need more people around in case they need help with important things.

Some things have to be done for a certain date.
 For eg; benefit forms when they have to be in for certain dates.

Not all people with disabilities can read or even understand the forms.

The same people can't be around for people with disabilities 24 hrs a day.


For eg; families and other people need breaks.

Some people have not anyone to help them.




Help for People with Autism seem to cost society a lot of money.

Not all people with disabilities can get things done quick enough.
The worry is unless the disabilities are shown,
 People with disabilities are misunderstood by non disabled people,
 We don't always get the help we really need.
 This is why being diagnosed is important because our needs are misunderstood.
Like I have said not long ago in this book, the money is spending on the wrong things.

Different kinds of Autism.

  There is not that much differences between Autism Spectrum and Asperger Syndrome. Asperger Syndrome is a hidden disability.
 It can take a long time for strangers to be aware people with Asperger Syndrome.
People with Asperger can be misunderstood so easy.
People with Autism Spectrum can have major speech problems, which people can notice.

People with Asperger have mild speech problems.



It can be hard for people with Autism to communicate with society.


Most people with Autism find social interaction hard.


Some people with Autism find social imagination hard.

http://yournewswire.com/why-did-japan-ban-mmr-vaccine/

http://www.mendability.com/autism-therapy/anxiety/read-to-nonverbal-autistic-teenager-adult-autism/
https://www.facebook.com/NationalAutisticSociety/photos/a.193122451598.137058.28389691598/10152542860576599/?type=1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Asperger



No comments: