Monday 16 February 2015

UNDERSTANDING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION.

Anxiety and depression can be linked to learning disabilities.
Most of us feel frightened our muscles can tense up whether we have a reason to do so or not.
Most of us can think we fail in everything but we don’t. We can feel nervous for example when are about to take an exam or even have an interview for a job.
Most of us find it hard to believe in ourselves and many of us find it hard to we will get the support we need in whatever we need it for.

Some of us find it hard to believe that employers will take us on many of us believe that employers will sack us.

Anxiety and depression has its good days and bad.
When things get really bad many of us feel as if life is not worth living therefore it can cause us to have thoughts of taking our own lives.

Depression is a feeling of sadness whether there’s a reason to be or not like Anxiety is a feeling of anger whether there’s a reason to be or not.  When you have those feelings you have a fear of society thinking you have gone so mad, that they think you need to be locked up. Anxiety and depression is also a fear of everything being your fault. Yes I know it may not be as bad as it seems but if you haven’t got these health problems you don’t understand.

There’s no need to see the world as black and white. We are not completely sad and angrily people. We have our good and bad days just like you do. Some of us can manage our own health problems, others need help to do so and others can be bothered.

Others live in fear of what society thinks because Mental Health can be so misunderstood. Some people find it hard to have trust in the system. Mainly when it comes to the cutbacks British is having, you may be shocked to find how many people may be suffering on their own. A lot of people with Mental Health problems get frightened and they fear things. Making people aware help is out there but not forcing help.

This may not make sense to people who don’t have Mental Health problems but we shouldn't be made to feel ashamed and guilty, mainly those of us who try to help ourselves.  Many of us may appear alright to you if you see smiles on our faces but what we feel inside can be very different. This can be because we don’t want to be hard work to anyone and that we want to help ourselves. Hiding the sadness and anger can be the easiest way we can manage our health problems. Yes I know that there are some that can’t be bothered to help themselves.

There are different forms of Anxiety and depression which affects different people in different ways from minor to major. Some people mainly when they have got other health problems and disabilities a lot of medications can make them worse than what they are mainly when they are on too many. A lot side affects can get confused with the health problems themselves.

Another way some people with Mental Health problems manage their illnesses or and conditions is by expressing talents that many can have like poetry, short stories, drawings and paintings for example. By managing their lives like that is better than committing crimes but not everyone manages that way. They either find other ways or nothing at all. For most people, they may become a victim of crime, commit crimes or even both. Some people are danger to themselves, to others or both.

 If that happens either they are in fear of what people think of them or they just can’t be bothered to mange their health problem and get help. Some people are even aware they have these problems but other people notice they are there.


Most of us don’t like crowds and queues, which give us a sheer of panic then we have to find a clear space to calm ourselves down.
Most of us will avoid packed places.

Some of us have fear of forgetting even if we getting everything together, then we are checking our bags halfway down the road for example.
It’s hard to know how we get through day after day.

Many of us get upset very easily over negative situations whether it’s for example a death of a people we know relationship break ups, failed an exam or turned down by a job. We understand that these things happen but it takes us longer to come to terms with than other people we never do. Many people find it hard to put certain things that have happened in their past behind them. Some it may take a long time to put behind them and others never get over whatever it is. Some people even can have nightmares, flashback or both for years or even for life.
 

All my life I have tried to mange my Anxiety and depression the best way I can without realising I have those health problems to start with.

My Anxiety and Depression work both ways to a point I can’t manage my life without having something going onto a point I have lost interest in things that I am normally interested in.

I love writing short stories and poetry. I even knit and read oncea while.

Some people have anxiety, depression and epilepsy, which can link together.
If people get stressed very easily suffer Panic attacks it can bring epilepsy but it doesn't affect everyone the same.

I am an Advocacy work, Learning Disability and Mental Health Awareness trainer.


Change can be a big thing for a lot of people with Autism.
People can have these conditions whether they have disabilities or not. Health problems can link to disabilities or be without disabilities.

Anxiety and depression is bad for enough anyone.
New things which are changes whether it's good or bad can make people nervous. When some people get nervous they can have Panic attacks but Panic attacks can be brought by other things like for example; stress other reasons or no reason at all like depression.  

 Change can be a big thing for of people whether they are nervous about something or someone.
Whatever is going on in peoples' lives and minds some people can't sleep for thinking all the while others sleep all the while to avoid the situations whether it's a good bad change in their lives?
Some people can find it hard to contrite on other things they only cope with one thing at a time.
Some people may worry more than they should, which is part of their condition what seems a mole hill to you feels like a mountain to them. You just need to be patient until the person realises that things may not be as bad to what it seems to them.

Everyone suffers from Anxiety and depression one way or another.

Sadly there's not enough said about stress I think we need to raise Stress awareness for everyone, that includes people with LD and Health problems.

Some people don't know that some people suffer LD and Health problems together, that's what I have otherwise I wouldn't have known that.

Anxiety and depression are forms of stress in every ones' lives.

Many things can get on top of people, paying bills, not enough work, too much work, marriage, relationships, children and even loneliness. 

It's very hard to make a balance to keep healthily and happy.

This can be why a lot of people can turn to smoking, drugs and etc.

When you have learning disabilities there can be a lack of support off society because we are slow and find it harder to cope with our lives than other people yet we are easier ill than other people.

Stress, Depression and Anxiety can last short term or for life. 

If you think about it we can all suffer stress one way or another?

It's so easy to worry about things that you didn't need to but with some things you. were right doing so.

If you would like to have more understanding with what’s on the Mind.
A lot of people say Mental Health is just in the mind.

You may learn what's, whys and how the Mind is is or can be affected.

Tap Mind in the Google engine or whatever you have got. 

WWW.mind.org.uk

Save it in your favourites or Bookmarks. 
Whatever Health problems and disabilities are we have enough stress with that on its own.

We understand for eg; that we have to pay our bills like everyone else but with the problems we have already, we have double stress.

You feel tense.

You panic and worry about things that aren't as bad as they seem.

For eg; when I leave home to go anywhere I check my bag and my front door to make sure I have locked the door, remember my keys, bus passed and etc.

Touch wood I only forgot my money and phone once and had to travel from town back home to get, lucky I wasn't working at the time.

It seems like the end of the world when someone in your life dies or when your relationship breaks down.

You feel as if the world is controlling you.

I panic when I walk into services, load of people give me different answers to one question.

For eg; is this benefit right for me?

I can't cope with too much jargon and too much information.

To be truthful the answer is either yes or no not both.

Managers need to inform all staff on what the rules are otherwise it confuses people.
Sometimes crowds can panic me where there are too many people around me.

I am a bit better than I used to be.

It can depend where I am and how many people there are.


When I really worry about things, it causes me to have Petie Mal fits.

I am easy misunderstood mainly when I am accessing services, when information doesn't seem straight forward to me.

I always have to have things going on in my life; otherwise I get very angry, depressed and bored.
My Gran died in 2007 and my last relationship broke down for the last time.

If it hadn't of been for Employment Pathways getting me on to Mencap, I don't know how I would have coped with my life now.

The first longest my relationship broke up at the end of 1996, which was two and a half years.

Now when I think about it wasn't that long yet after been apart 4 years, I gave him a second chance that lasted seven years.

Now there's no going back.

I couldn't stand sitting in the house alone but I wasn't in the mood to talk to people either.

I just used watch the world go by.
At that point I used to drink very heavy, which lasted six to twelve mouths.

I then worked it that couldn't go on like this forever yet I was still having a break down and even feeling as if I wanted to end my life.

Never the less I cut the drinking down and I started writing poetry to get things off my chest.

Update on Anxiety, Depression, Stress, panic, Attacks ADHD, Epilepsy.
All these mental health problems can get confused because they aren't much different to one another. I guess I could have either one to all of those as I have suffered from either one to all for forty-four years now, which is from birth.
Through the side affects of my medication Phenobarbitone I was put on as a baby and child, which caused me to be moody and hyperactive. The moods could come on any time due to the fact I found it hard to sleep at night I was overtired. Yet strangely the day time I was dreamy, in a world of my own and unaware of the world around me. For example even at the age of twelve I was a danger hazard to cross the road.
I couldn’t pay attention in my school work. I was always classed as thick, lazy and told I’d never get along in life.  I think at that point of my life I was suffering from ADHD.  I left school believing I wouldn't get anywhere in life. I left school believing at first I wouldn't get anywhere in life but then I was more glad to leave school. Near enough every school I went to I faced bullying, rape and sexual abuse from a lot of children in the schools.  From after I left school twenty – seven years ago I have proved myself wrong by achieving the things I have said I have achieved like the exams I have passed  in college, the awareness of learning disability and mental health awareness, Advocacy, short stories and poetry which is all on my website sararevealed.blogspot.com/ email sarajgorman@gmail.com.

Never the less these health problems are not much different to one another. Anxiety is a feeling of anger, panic and fear whether a person has a reason to feel that way or not. Depression is a feeling of sadness whether a person has a reason to feel sad or not. Epilepsy and panic attacks are not that much different to one another either. Worry is connected to stress which is anxiety when a person gets upset easily.  Can all those health problems be linked or and even be misunderstood?  



How can these health problems be not much different to one another?
A fit and a panic attack are both to do with the nervous system, which people can very easily confuse one with the other. This can also be confusing for the person who is facing the fit, panic attack or even both. For example what I have faced.
·       Headaches

·       Dizziness
·       Choking or even a sense of choking, it’s a feeling as if someone has got their hands round my neck.
·       Electric shocks, pins and needles through my spine arms and legs.
·       Shaking
·       Going hot and cold
·       Fully aware of what’s going on.
This is an example of how all these things can get confused with one another.

Anxiety.  A sense of panic, fear and or anger whether there’s a reason or not. Like all health problems it can depend on how we manage the health problems. Those of us like me who have had these health problems manage them in a different way than what we did to start off with.
As it’s possible I may have had ADHD as a child it could be possible it could be a major form of Anxiety. Most children pull a screaming and kicking temper paddies in town for example at times but it can depend on how often. If this happens to your child a lot and I mean a lot then they may need to get checked and diagnosed. Something may be happening your child may not be able to explain also they may be in fear that you may not understand. May be they don’t know themselves, which can be very frustrating this can also be fearful and scary whether there’s a reason to be or not. ADHD can be some form of Autism as well.
A mild form Anxiety can be the same as major fearing things are worse than what they are but can be in different ways.  For example different people you different thing on one thing a person may want to know so that person may get easily get confused.
Most people may get upset easily upset caused by negative situations such as a death of people they know or they may a relationship break up which we all have to face but we all get affected in different ways. Some people come to terms with these things quicker than others but people with health problems and disabilities mostly tend to be more sensitive and tend to be slower to come to term with these kinds of issues.
Some people can be also nervous of exams and even taking their driving test for example. This can depend on how often a person is nervous and may be depending what situations they are nervous of. People can get nervous over negative and positive things which can be a sense a fear, excitement and exams for eg;
Some people have fears of forgetting things mainly when it comes to important things. Even if you have got things ready before hand you want to make. You fear just in case you forget something important. In fact people who suffer from Anxiety are likely to forget less time than people who don’t have Anxiety cause we are always worrying about forgetting. In fact what we have to remember is always on our minds until whatever event is over. You are saying to yourself, have I remembered it when you get there where you are going and whatever you need whatever for.
Anger is part of Anxiety. Anger is a feeling you get whether there’s a reason or not. It can be a feeling of anger, worry, stress and tension yet all of those things can just happen. This is because those things are linked to Anxiety. This is where we need exercises to loosen our muscles up but this may not work for all of us. It’s possible that all these words like anger, worry, stress and tension get confused easy because there’s not much difference between the meanings of the words. When we face these feelings it tends to feel the same feeling. These feelings don’t need a reason to happen.

Depression.  It’s the same with depression a feeling of sadness that comes on whether there’s a reason to be sad or not.
 It’s hard to know whether these health problems are illnesses or conditions, I don’t anyone knows for such.
One always says that’s it best to keep the mind and body busy but that works for some people not for others. Many people tell people who suffer from Anxiety and depression that it’s all in the mind.
In my case I can go from losing interest in what I am normally interested in to climbing the walls when I have nothing going on in my life. I can feel angrily, sad, down, stressed, depressed, worried and etc for a reason and no reason at all.
I have so many thoughts in my head I very rarely talk about or I don’t talk about them at all such as feeling as if life isn't worth life. I try very hard to fight those thought, which isn’t easy. It could be for the silliest reasons or yet again no reason at all. Professions advice this that and the other but these things are there to try. What works for one person doesn’t for the other. That could mean exercises, diet and many things that may keep the mind and body busy.
Like for example for me and for those of you who have read my website will know my poetry helps my Anxiety and Depression in the sense of anger and sadness, when comes to relationship break ups for example or someone who I know who has died.
The slightest little negative thing for most people can bring on person Anxiety, depression or and even cause them to have fits. It’s surprising how many people who are sensitive to stress even though no one can avoid stress and negative things going on in their lives.  
 Sadly there aren't any straight answers to whether it’s possible to have Anxiety, Epilepsy or even both. Every website you go on will take you something different. Not even the doctors know for sure and may be not even the hospitals.
Many people say people who have fits are out cold and not aware of what’s going on around them but some say not necessary yet people can face synonyms that are not much different to panics attacks, such as headaches, dizziness, shaking, pin and needles electric shocks, choking or even a feeling of choking. (May be not being able to breathe). 
Epilepsy, anxiety, and depression are all common disorders. It is therefore not surprising that the conditions are hard to understand because there’s not much difference between the one another.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1603382066545036&set=gm.1557599871185769&type=1
Patients with epilepsy and anxiety disorders. Diagnosis and treatment].
[Article in German]
Source
Department des Neurosciences, Centre Hospitalise de Luxembourg. beyenburg.stefan@chl.lu
Abstract
Up to 50-60% of patients with epilepsy may develop psychiatric complications, in particular depression, anxiety, and psychotic disorders. Although this co morbidity has received a great deal of attention in recent years, the anxiety spectrum of psychiatric disturbances in epilepsy patients has not been extensively studied, although this co morbidity has a significant effect on the medical management and quality of life. The aetiology is multifactorial, including neurobiological and shared path physiological mechanisms as well as psychosocial and iatrogenic factors (e.g., influence of antiepileptic drugs, epilepsy surgery). Despite the high prevalence of co morbid anxiety in epilepsy, very little is known about optimal treatment strategies. This article reviews the complex interrelationships between anxiety disorders and epilepsy from a clinical point of view. The evaluation of anxiety relative to actual, peri-ictal, and poetical states is described, and medical treatment options for anxiety disorders in patients with epilepsy are discussed, illustrating that their treatment extends far beyond seizure control.

No comments: