Sunday 1 February 2015

Introducing health problems that can be linked to disabilities.

This is an up of some old reports back in 2008, I will try to add new things on through the year on this report as well. I am bringing this old report because some people may appear to behave to other people rather strangely yet to others it may be normal.
 Like I may have said back in this old report back 2008 my medication as a child made me unaware of the world around me.
 I never paid attention in school and could never sleep at night, therefore thinking back I may have had a form of ADHD.
 I could be moody and down in myself at any time, anyplace and anywhere. I may have said when I was slowly taken off the tablets I was taking when I was 12 to 13, I went the complete opposite to where I have no energy at all and I have been like it ever since.
 This may example now why I have an underactive Thyroid now, may be it's possible it's been there for years without realising it even Thyroid problems happen a lot to middle aged people which I am now.
 It's quite strange that I suffered from Anxiety, which have been alwaysed linked without knowing it because very little if anything at all was known 45 year ago.

The idea is of raising this awareness is to write about such Health problems that can cause behavior problems in most people who may suffer from Anxiety, depression and even ADHD.

WHAT CAUSES AUTISM?

It's hard to say what causes Autism, there are so many different forms of Autism from mild to major. It affect people in different ways. In my case it was lack of oxygen to the brain, Mum was neglected at birth. I've heard other causes are the MMR vaccines for Measles, food allergies, Chronic yeast infections, infections from meningitis and Mercury poisoning.

WHAT IS AUTISM?
In my research off the Internet, apart form Autism been a disability, it affects one in hundred people in Britain alone. Autism is mostly a hidden disability. People with Autism have Autism for life. People with Autism can learn skills in life but for life, we are mostly very slow learners. The kind of skills most people Autism find very hard to learn is motor skills because of grip with our hands and reflexes, we find it hard to cope with too many things at once. People with Autism can find it hard to say what we need and how we feel. People with Autism find it hard to meet people, make friends and relationships, social skills are hard for us. People with Autism can find it hard to understand people, people can find it hard to understand people with Autism.

When it comes to behavior problems, people tend to blame bad parenting, which is not true. Like I said in many reports on this website, in my experience anyway, it's more we feel anger when we can't cope with every day living skills, we don't feel equal to non - disabled people. When this happens we feel useless, the odd ones out and we feel left out of society.
Not that I can have children anyway but just out of interest, my family thought Autism isn't genetic but I have learned off the Internet that it is but it's hard to say. Without been nasty, if what I am reading is true, it's just as well I can't have children, I'd hated to see my children going through the same me, even though I'd understand them through my own experience.
The things I have just explained is what you need to except of people with Autism.

As I have written in past reports on this site, most people with Autism are creative but I don't want to bore you with what I have already said, if I remember but sometimes I get carried away studying things. Sorry about that.
Some people with Autism manage to learn by watching others. Most people with Autism can only work on one thing at a time very slowly like me. This is why a lot of us need support in schools, colleges, work placements and etc.
Many disabilities are link in to Autism for eg; dyslexia. Never think Autism affects all people the same, we are all difference like yourselves, like I've said before it would be boring otherwise.
PEOPLE WITH AUTISM CAN BE AFFECT BY FIVE SENSES IN OUR LIVES.
Sight, sound, touch, taste, smell yet again I guess we aren't all the same. Some Of us may be affected by all five senses, other could be affect by only so many, well there's only five them. Strange because I've learned five senses in Creative writing, which is common sense because we have to explain feelings of our characters. Perhaps that's why most people with Autism can write, joking that's not always necessary so. When it comes to sight, people with Autism could be affected colour or and lights. For eg; even bright colour lights affect me, mainly when I'm having fits. I am jumpily when dogs jump, run fast towards and bark at me. I'm also affected by flapping birds, I don't like them standing my shoulder, I get very nervous. I don't dislike any animals, in fact I love them. If I live with them I get used to them but I don't have the time on hands to have animals. Sometimes touch affects me others times it doesn't, it depends how I'm touched, I guess that's the same for anyone really. Taste I like all food really. Smell is no difference to anyone really. That's enough about me but If you have Autism or you know anyone who does really as long they know your telling me, I'd be interested what 5 senses affect the people you know with Autism . If You have Autism which five senses affect you? one or a few or all.  Sarajgorman@gmail.com on Facebook if you want to and can email me. A bit of extra support for people with Autism, families and carers. The National Autistic Society http://www.autism.org.uk/autismhelplinenas.org.uk
As I was researching, I have found out that Asperger Syndrome and I think ADHD Defict Hyperactive Disorder, which is two common types of Autism.

FAMOUS PEOPLE WITH AUTISM.

A lot people don't realise that there are a lot of people who disabilities who are famous. Like I have said in one of my reports on my website, that there were a lot of people with disabilities who didn't become famous until they died. People like Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Vincent Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, Beethoven, Bela Bartok, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Richard Strauss, W.B Yeats, George Orwell, Charles Dickens Lewis Carroll, Thomas Jefferson and many more who had Autism according to the Internet. There are and were famous people with many other disabilities too. These people were writers, artists, composers, worked in science and or and in many more things. How people have known this I don't know, perhaps they have been researching their lives to create these sites on the Internet. I'd be very interested to know what you do and don't believe. It's hard to say with the people who aren't with us anymore because in those day people weren't educated to know what disabilities are. We must be careful because it's too easy think if people didn't cope with school education, they must have had some forms of disabilities. Some people may have been bullied or problems at home, which could be another reason for not doing well at school. It's isn't just about that can be how they were at the beginning of life, for eg; slow at speaking. sarajgorman@gmail.com.

MIND BLINDNESS.

In our minds, we can spend our lives feeling angry with ourselves.
Some people think we want to hurt their feelings because of what we say, what we may not say, what we do and what we may not do but we don't.
It's hard for people to understand us unless they have Autism themselves.
Don't get us wrong not everything is done by accident, we all have faults like everyone.
We make mistakes and regret things like everyone else.
Autism isn't an excuse for anything, Autism is our disability, Mind Blindness and Unawareness is how it affects our lives.
Autism can affect friendships, relationships, even family relationships and perhaps the whole world around us.


FEELING GUILTY.

Autism can make us feel guilty.
It's too easy to be unaware of what we do and don't say.
It's too easy to be unaware of what we do and don't do.
What's planned in your mind comes out wrong or and even the wrong way round.
The things come across to people as not good but isn't planned in your mind.
It's not that you don't know right from wrong, what's planned to be one thing is seen as another from most people's point a view. In a sense it's like writing an essay.
Nobody can be blamed for misunderstanding us but we can't be blamed for having Autism.
That doesn't mean we want to be the centre of attention, we just want to be accepted in society the same as everyone.
We just want to be equal to everyone at the end of the day.


A NEW WORLD FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.

Think about the amount of books we have tried to read but the print is too hazy, small or and the stories are hard to understand.
Words jump off the page and your eyes start to stain.
We don't mean to make life hard but we have missed out on a lot of stories that we didn't understand.
We would like to make these stories more clear to understand like easy words and easy pictures for the next generation of people with disabilities.
Let's support people with disabilities to have equal lives to everyone!
Let's opens new doors!

EASY WORLD FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.

I love poetry like music, some poems I like others I don't.
It's like everything in life really.
One thing though, not a lot of poetry is written about people with disabilities, why is that?
Can't we communicate in your way of thinking?
Let's have a bit of fun!
Easy pictures.
Easy words.
Let's play around with coloured paper!


BE AWARE OF POSSiBLE SIDE - EFFECTS FROM SOME MEDICATIONS THAT COULD AFFECT YOUR WORK AND EDUCATION.

A lot of people with disabilities, like myself I'm one of those people who didn't learn anything in school because society wasn't educated to teach people with disabilities. There was a lack of communication and understanding between children and teachers. For eg; I was on this medication called Phenobarbitone for Epilepsy; this affected my ability to learn and I was very disappointed that I left school without any qualifications. A lot of special schools didn't have any access for children with disabilities to take exams when I was in school. I hope things have changed a lot for children with disabilities since I was in school but please keep an eye on side - effects of medication in case they are too dangerous for them! Later on in this site you will read a report on how dangerous Phenobarbitone was.

When I left school, I caught up with my education in college. OK, I achieved my exams but I every September I would enrol on roughly the courses every year without a job at end of it, which went on for years. It became very boring in the end. Still better late than never but if more support is given the quicker a person with a disability is in the job they want. Well should I even say that having support helps them along their way quicker so they aren't having to cope with years of discrimination like people of my age group did, before that. We were also very limited to what courses, I was at college well over ten years. I enjoyed college but sometimes there was support but other times there wasn't. I thought I was never going to get any support with work. I was signing on for 13 years, I thought I was going to be there forever, I hated it. My life has changed a lot for the better since I have been with Our Shout supported by Mencap. All these years of college have been worth it after all. I am still study now but I am working towards my exams at Access For Business for the Social Enterprise Business we will be doing next year. Courses need to be more interesting for people with disabilities. I have read in the report Valuing People Now, since I have left college that a lot of courses have cut back for people with disabilities. People like myself were either on training schemes, voluntary work or and the dole. Please give support for people with disabilities to be given better chances than that!



Over the years I have discovered that I can write stories, poetry, plays, drama, draw and paint. Like non - disabled people, people with disabilities are creative in different ways. We are just a bit slower that than others. I have read on the Internet that way back in history a lot of creative famous people with disabilities didn't become famous until they died. If you type in the search engine Famous people with disabilities, you will be amazed how they are and were throughout the times. Please don't let this happen in future generations, let people see their work shown to the world! Isn't it worth giving people time to learn instead of giving up teaching and training them into what they want to do instead of what society wants them to do. If you would like to see your views to sarajgorman@gmail.com Perhaps you would like to send your creative work to me. This is why I think we should create creative jobs people with disabilities, in fact all creative people whether we all have a disability or not. uk.pinterest.com/danielomichael/famous-people-with-mental-health-learning-disabili/ http://www.wcvb.com/health/14414700 http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_0060.shtml http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/senior.shtml

LET VOICES BE HEARD!

People with disabilities are treated more fairly than what we used to be, but society still has a long way to go. People's attitudes need to get towards people with disabilities.
Back in the day children were seen and not heard. We all keep hoping that those days are gone but we can never build a perfect, if that was the case it would be boring. We shouldn't make children scared to used their voices. The most hardest is when something happens to you is not knowing whether it's right to tell anyone or not by your choose. Is it your free choice or not, it should be. You should be able to choose what you talk about and what you don't. It should be the same for people with disabilities, people just need to learn to understand. I think on the whole we get misbehaved because we're misunderstood. Please support us to be understood by giving us easy support aids to support us! If you read my report about communication support, that's the support a lot of us need. If it's not good you have the right to know, which should give you the rights to use your voice if you want. Does it still stand in society's eyes that children are seen not heard? Do all hidden voices still stand in all ages of people with disabilities in the eyes of society? If we are still living in dark ages, it's about time we moved on..
  • What if they try to tell you something, you don't believe or and understand them!
  • Check things carefully because they may not be meaning to lie to you, they just may not have remember the information correctly.
  • If something has happened that no one else has seen it doesn't mean that they are not telling you the truth.
  • If they keep on talking about whatever it is, there's a big chance the person is telling the truth if it's on their mind non stop.
  • What if whatever it is in their minds is still there in adulthood, if they tell you are sure to believe and understand them don't you!
Whether they have a disability or not, please take more time to listen to them. Whether you are a family member or friend to them.





No comments: