Tuesday 1 November 2022

Autism awareness

 WHAT CAUSES AUTISM?


When it comes to behavior

 problems,

 people tend to blame bad parenting, which is not true. Like I said in many reports on this website, in my experience anyway, it's more we feel anger when we can't cope with everyday living skills, we don't feel equal to

 non-disabled

 people. When this happens, we feel useless, the odd ones out and we feel left out of society.
Not that I can have children anyway but just out of interest, my family thought Autism isn't genetic, but I have learned on

 the Internet that it is but it's hard to say. Without

 been

 nasty, if what

 I am reading is true,

 it's just as well I

 can't have children,

 I'd hate to see my children going through the same me, even though I'd understand them through my own experience.
The things I have just explained are what you need to accept of people with Autism.

 

As I have written in past reports on this site, most people with Autism are creative but I don't want to bore you with what I have already said if I remember but sometimes, I get carried away studying things. Sorry about that.
Some people with Autism manage to learn by watching others. Most people with Autism can only work on one thing at a time very slowly like me. Therefore, a lot of us need help in schools, colleges, work placements, etc.
Many disabilities are linked to Autism for eg, dyslexia. Never think Autism affects all people the same, we are all different like yourselves, like I've said before it would be boring otherwise.

 

Different types

 of Autism.

 

Autism Spectrum isn’t all that different from Asperger syndrome apart from people with Asperger Syndrome don’t appear to have a learning disability, but they do. It can take a long time for people to know that Asperger Syndrome have a disability because it’s very hidden or can be. People with Autism Spectrum in most people have major speech problems whereas people with an Asperger's Syndrome have more mild speech problems. These are possibly the problems of all forms of Autism.

 

·       Finding it hard to communicate with others.

·       Social interaction

·       Social imagination

 

By a guess I have Asperger Syndrome. I have problems with Motor skills and gripping, which could be Dyspraxia or bad coronation,  you won’t really understand I guess unless you spend a lot of time with someone who faces it because it is a hidden physical learning difficulty but Asperger Syndrome, I think affects a person mentally. Without sounding big-headed, it can make Asperger Syndrome can make people highly intelligent in other ways but slow in another.

 

 

PEOPLE WITH AUTISM CAN BE AFFECTED BY THE FIVE SENSES IN THEIR LIVES.

Sight, sound, touch, taste, smell yet again I guess we aren't all the same. Some Of us may be affected by all five senses, while others could be affected by only so many, well there are only five of them.

 Strange because I've learned the five senses in Creative writing, which is common sense because we have to explain the feelings of our characters. Perhaps that's why most people with Autism can write, joking that's not always necessary so. When it comes to sight, people with Autism could be affected colour or and lights. For eg, even bright color lights affect me, mainly when I'm having fits. I am jumpily when dogs jump, run fast towards me, and bark at me. I'm also affected by flapping birds, I don't like them standing on my shoulder, I get very nervous. I don't dislike any animals; in fact, I love them. If I live with them, I get used to them, but I don't have the time on my hands to have animals. Sometimes touch affects me other times it doesn't, it depends on how I'm touched, I guess that's the same for anyone really.

 Taste I like all food really. The smell is no different to anyone really. That's enough about me but if you have Autism or you know anyone who does really as long, they know you are telling me, I'd be interested in what 5 senses affect the people you know with Autism. If You have Autism which five senses affect you? one or a few or all.  Sarajgorman@gmail.com on Facebook if you want to and can email me. A bit of extra help for people with Autism, families, and carers. The National Autistic Society http://www.autism.org.uk/ autismhelplinenas.org.uk

As I was researching,

 I have found out that Asperger Syndrome and I think ADHD Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, which is two common types of Autism.

 

 

 

 

It's hard to say what causes Autism, there are so many different forms of Autism from mild to major. It affects people in different ways. In my case it was a lack of oxygen to the brain, Mum was neglected at birth. I've heard other causes are the MMR vaccines for Measles, food allergies, Chronic yeast infections, infections from meningitis, and Mercury poisoning.

WHAT IS AUTISM?
In my research on the Internet, apart from Autism being a disability, it affects one in hundred people in Britain alone. Autism is mostly a hidden disability. People with Autism have Autism for life. People with Autism can learn skills in life but for life, we are mostly very slow learners. The kind of skills most people with Autism find very hard to learn is motor skills because of grip with our hands and reflexes, we find it hard to cope with too many things at once. People with Autism can find it hard to say what they need and how they feel. People with Autism find it hard to meet people, and make friends and relationships, social skills are hard for us. People with Autism can find it hard to understand people, people can find it hard to understand people with Autism.

No comments: