Sunday 27 August 2023

The Bird watcher who spies

Joanne Evans. Hi my name is Johanne Evan from from London, it was 1960. I have long blonde and my eyes are blue, I wear fake eye lashes and black shortest skirt and white shirt. My favorite colors are pink, purple and blue. I felt so down, I felt like ending it all. I just wanted to get out of the Foster home so I took a walk to Saint James’ park, it was hot 91 in temperature today. I feel like locking myself in my bedroom but it is so hot. I saw this boy named Dan Richards, he seemed okay. As we got chatting as we are going to be starting at Saint Albans Senior school in September, we are both the same age. I didn’t tell him about my Mum and family as I was too interested in what he was talking about. His John Keats poetry and S Lowry paintings. It’s not surprising he’s aimed at poetry and art, with the mental abuse and violence he faces in the Foster home, he probably wants to hide himself away but not all negatives come into talent, positivity does too. I am growing strongly towards Dan though but I’m not building my hopes up, I think likes me like I like him but I could be wrong. Dan Richards Hi my name is Dan Richards, my hair is jet black with a Mick Jagger hair style and cut. This for me is more than a walk than a park, I get the feeling Joanne feel for another than just friends but neither of are completely certain we feel that way about one another or not, we haven’t showed it to one at all. Saying that I mustn’t built my hopes up, she may just want to be friends or she may hate the sight of me, joke she wouldn’t talk to me at all otherwise. Maybe she is waiting for me to say something and make the first move, right or wrong they the guy should make the first move. That’s easy said than done, I probably make a foal of myself knowing me. I guess there is plenty of time as we are only 11 years old, despite of that I don’t want to rush her, I don’t want to leave too late that she meets someone better than me, plus adults maybe think we are a pair crazy kids trying hard to grow up too fast, as they kids do. I guess I just a silly babe, scar of rejection and fear of her not being interested and I guess she may fear this about me too. I can’t believe I am talking like this because I don’t show this to the out to the people in my life, I am just normal 11 old kid to them, whatever normal is, I’m not normal, what normal? I fear if I say anything I may spoil an amazing friendship between us. She seems to understand my background, hers was similar to mine. My Father Burt gives my Mother Shelia hell of a time, it seems as if she is scared to leave him. He finishes work every night, goes to the pub and he puts money bandits and he has handy any money to pay the bills etc, I don’t intend to grow like him, hopefully not. To be fair I am pretty good with my maths. The summer has been great, Joanne is the only happiness I have, we share our interests and goals in creative writing and art. We both draw, paint, write short stories and poetry. We love the Beatles, Dusty Springfield and Cellar Black. We gave each other one another’s phone numbers and we only live down road from one another. As crazy as it sounds, we write letters to one another so just maybe something is there between us. I’m so disappointed in my best friend Lee’s behavior since I have meet Joanne. I think he senses there is a bond between me and Joanne and that really worries him. He makes out I’m no good for her, when really he fancy her himself. He told everyone in school teachers, kids the load that something is going on between myself and Joanne, we are just friends, if anything anything more I don’t even know myself, neither does Joanne. He keeps on making up stories, because I think he is worried we will get together. He made up this silly story that spiced on us in Saint James’ park with a pair of biknockus, Joanne was wearing a pink bikini on a Saturday afternoon but also looking out for flying birds for his bird project. He ended up doing lines and detention for telling lies. He then went on bullying other kids begging for money so that was another thing he was in trouble for. I can’t believe how much he has changed since we started senior, Lee was my best mate. Another story he tells, that he and Miss Cane are in relationship, I doubt that’s true either surely. For one shouldn’t be no teacher and child relationship allowed, for two Miss Cane is old least she looks that way and not even good looking but she is an okay enough person. Not sure why he likes her in that way.

No comments: