Friday 18 August 2023

Writing practice One

New start. Anne and Beth moved in to what was then a new flat back 2000, at 22 Underground road. The last tenant before them left a fair few things. One those things was a Becks washing machine. They both had a pile of washing and they decided to try it out so they thought they would give a try. Soon as they put it on, water was leaking on the floor. “ Okay, Anne would it be cheaper to have it fixed or buy a new washing machine”? “Not sure Beth, I will check online, it maybe the pump”. As she put down towels on the kitchen floor. As it happened Beth looked online, most places were very costly, the cheapest was 125.00 on WWW.fix washing. machines.org.uk “Maybe they will send someone out to look at it Anne”. “That’s a crazy amount of money, Beth”. “Well there is no where any cheaper but we don’t know if it is fixable till they look at it”. “How much is it for them to come out and look”? “ 50.00 but probably cheaper than buying a new one”. “ I guess so but still costly but there is no cheaper way, let’s hope it’s fixable otherwise until we saved up for a new one, will have to take our washing to your Mums”. It turns out Anne was right, it was the pump, but it cost them 175.00, 50.00 to come out and check and 125.00 to fix, which left then short for a month, just about able to afford the basics, food, bills etc. Maskman Hi my name is Laura Brown, it was the 16th August 2010, on Wolverhampton bus station. The bus station was in the middle of changing, plans to be knocked and rebuilt, where the council was costing themselves and the public loads of money, when all ready that bus station needed a good cleaning as it was very dirty indeed. One day I went shopping with my boyfriend Donald Price. As we were going home, we were standing at stand k, waiting for the Wednesfield bus. On the stand L, at the condor my eye as I was speaking to Donald, I saw a little girl about ten waiting for the bus. It was a Monday afternoon to evening, at about 4.30pm. She was wearing navy blue school uniform and she had jet black loose hair. She had a pink shoulder bag on her shoulder. Suddenly someone came along with a black mask over his head as well his face, about 5.10 in height, black tracksuit trousers, black and white trainers. He suddenly gabbed her shoulder bag very quickly, which just about managed to video on my phone. While this was happening, I tapped Donald on the shoulder and said, then he ran off as the child screamed blue murder. “ Just look at this Don, at stand L”. “ Oh my god, Laura”. As he called the police They told Donald, they would be at the bus station in about half hour. While we were waiting, me and Donald, we walked up to the little to tell we had called police and long they will. We couldn’t believe no one else reacted other then us and the little girl was naturally and sheer shock and panic. When the police turned, I showed them the video, they got the bus company to check their cctv cameras. I gave inspector Robinson my phone until he did his investigation. He spoke to the little girl. “What is your name and what did you have in your bag”. “ My name is Lisa Davis, I had 20.00 in my purse and a nocka phone”. It had turned out that this guy’s name was Robert Leisure, police had spoke to many places in Wolverhampton town, well city to find that this guys had been around for while trying to beg people for money, some give in and some didn’t. If this is the case I thought, why has he got away with it for so long? He had been trouble by the police many times for petty crimes. https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/youth-crime As our thank you treat, Lisa’s Mum Mandy took both me and Donald for a thank you meal with Lisa for a curry at Del shads, then became very good friends but all the same the crime case, took a fair while to solve, which really was part the pink bag was found empty. As the phone bought a new Samsung.

No comments: