Sunday 27 August 2023

lee Dean’s side of the story

I started off telling story back in 1960. The writer Sara Jane Gorman started writing about me, Joanne, Dan, Mr Johns and Miss Cane, who is based on Miss Coal. Miss Coal probably wasn’t old but she looked. she still saw her curly permed hair, cracked wrinkled face, dog checked coat brown and cream. She was probably about 50sh at the time looking like 90. She fine it hard to get out her head. It was looks that gave her nightmares and flashbacks. Thinking about it she probably wasn’t as bad as Sara thinking back after all these years. She mostly taught needle work, maths and English. Needle work wasn’t Sara’s greatest skill, where she struggled to thread needles due to her Dyspraxia, which was unaware of back then. These ideas in Sara’s life inspired her The Bird Watcher who Spices. she’s wrote so many drafts on and off, she’s wrote so many drafts over years. It was watching Grange Hill as a kid what inspired her and also her own school days. For thirteen years the writer was a only child. Her old School teacher Miss Coal told her off for writing made up stories in her rough book when she should have writing about she done over the weekend and school holidays. Thoughts kept running through Sara’s head about me, Joanne, Mr Johns and Miss Cane. Miss Cane was forty two at the time, she looked more ninety - two. However’ Dan thought I had bad taste, he was probably right looking back but for some reasons I thought there was something about her but I wasn’t sure what. I couldn’t keep my mouth shut, as she dumped me for telling everyone. Come to think about it who can blame her? Back then I had a mind of a teenage boy, now I have a mind of a fifty year old, which Miss Cane well of been my age now, then thinking about it. What was I? Roughly about third teen to sixteen. When I think about it, doesn’t seem normal sure a young lad feeling that way about what I saw back then an old woman. No matter what, I wouldn’t be like that towards a girl that young today, as young as I was when I feel for Miss Cane. Her short permed grey permed curly hair, her cracked wrinkled face was no beauty but there was something about her to this day, I don’t know why, I was watching to fall in love with her. Yet I thought Joanne deserved better than Dan, whereas now not sure if they got together or even still together. Not seen them for years. She was a studier. I told the story of the Bird Watcher who spices for the last thirty years or so. As in my young teenage I saw her in a pink bikini, which would have situated her well By the way Dan was mostly a Beatles fan and honestly he looked well like John Lennon in the time of the 60s. Dan liked Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones but not as much as me. The same with the Beatles, I liked the Beatles but not as much as Dan did. I was the Mick Jagger and Rolling Stones fan, as even now I still have his hair style and rubber lips. It’s hard to believe, we were only kids of eleven starting Senior school at Saint Albans London. Joanne Evans and Dan Richards bond together, sat together on next together, naturally in the same class. John Lennon believed in peace not war so did Dan and Joanne. Dan was very good in history, maths, English in school, I wasn’t, I was more of a sporty person, neither Joanne or Dan were sporty but I felt I was very much on my own but I don’t think I was, thinking back now. Dan couldn’t sing but he was a great writer and artist so was Joanne. One Friday, Dan wasn’t in school as he had a twenty four hour tummy bug, from steak and kidney pie from the chippy the night before. How naughty was I? I thought it was a great chance to try and get in with Joanne but she weren’t having it, I thought she was playing hard to get but how wrong was I? I don’t blame when I think about it now. That sound of the bell at the end of play time was alarming. Who does that to their best mate? Only I could have been so foolish but she was such beauty. Dan was an only child, no brothers and sisters but my brother Jack and sister Lucy were grown up by the time I was at Seniors. Dan’s Dad was heavy drinker who drank the money and not a very nice man either Dan’s Mum had to work very long hours in a sewing factory to make ends meet. His Dad was a press Operator at a food factory. Mandy and Earn were there names. They both smoked Woodbines. My Dad, died when my mum Lin was carry me, my brother and sister were just getting close to leaving school, now they are in their seventies and I’m fifty. My Mum lived to be eighty and my Dad was forty.

No comments: