Sunday 8 November 2020

Regozine Dyslexia in a Dyslexia poet and poetry.

 The pen doesn't write what the brain is thinking. 

Words make sense in my head but don't come out the same and sense on paper.

Most of the time I write and read things the wrong way round.

Get confused with different things like for example, bs, ds, 56, 65, Denis, Dentist, too, two, to make get mixed but some things we may overcome. 

Which is not necessarily wrong but maybe the wrong way round, all the same, it can fail you in life for the brief little hick cup it may well be. 

There is a positive side to me, which is my drawing, painting, and poetry. 

Being Dyslexia doesn't take away stories, ideas, thoughts, etc in my head, it just doesn't make sense without or the right support.

Read and write slow, struggle to read, and, sounds, spell certain words.

Get the right words, letters, numbers, etc in the wrong places, or even some, one, two, etc missing. 

The right information for forms in the wrong places. 

Reading the small print is as if words and letters are jumping off a page. 8. 11.2020 


They told me.

They told me I was thick, stupid, and lazy.

They told me I didn't want to learn and get by. 

They told me I would never learn and get by.

All because I got things in the wrong places, upside down, wrong way round, back to front, etc.

I was only good at swimming, drawing, and painting.

When I left school, I thought it was the end of my career to look forward to, even though I was glad to leave school.

I was wrong, I caught up with a lot in college with the right support, even though I didn't catch up with a lot.

Now I can teach disability, mental health, and all problem awareness and also discovered poetry, drawing, and painting. 



No comments: