Tuesday 28 July 2020

Dyspaxia in a nutshell

Most people say Dyspraxia and Dyslexia can get confused but I believe not necessary as I think they are both similar but not the same. Most people will disagree but I do not expect everyone to agree even those of us who face the problems. All the same, there is no need to row about it just because some may disagree.

How do I think Dyspraxia and Dyslexia are similar?  Dyspraxia is a  hidden physical and mental learning difficulty, which affects learning physically and mentally from my experience from education reading, writing, understanding, spelling, etc getting school college work done to a certain time limit is on the physical side and on the physical for example household tasks, physical jobs in the workplace whereas Dyslexia is education, reading, writing, understanding, spelling, etc. As as I am aware Dyslexia, is not a physical disability and if I am honest I am not sure if Dyslexia is a learning difficulty or disability.  

However' I will admit it would be too easy to say what I have just said because it is probably possible you can have Dpsraxia and Dyslexia, which I know form the negatives and positives I face with my problems the physical and the mental side. As a child and young person, I knew I couldn't learn and manage the same to other people but I knew what it was, which made feel most negative about myself but I learned as the years went on even though I took a longer time than other people learn, feeling pleased with myself and hard to believe finally did it, like when I finally managed to tie my shoelaces when I was twenty. 

Therefore, there are things you overcome and things you. When I was a child and a younger person handy one knew about Dyspraxia, Dyslexia and even the problems I faced but I wasn't alone and it wasn't their fault, all the same, they knew they were facing children and people with problems but what knowing what sort of problems and how to help them through life. 


 I have been trying to research online whether or not it possible to have Dyspraxia and Dyslexia and I  have been getting no real answers but from my experience right or wrong yes. I always found it hard to learn in school because I left school nothing and had to catch up in college, it was a long struggle. Most courses depending on the type course and its levels but that has always varied. I also struggle with job searches, understanding the adds, etc mainly if the print is not clear, I tend to avoid things I struggle with unless I have support but it is not all black and white online, etc it can vary on what I am excepted to do, etc. 

I have always needed support through my adult life On top of that through school years I was dosed up with Pheabaretone tablets for Epilepsy, which made it hard to learn because I was always in a world of my own and the tablets always accepted me getting out and about with support where I would have no sense of direction, which happens with my Dyspraxia and maybe even Autism as well and I no dangerous awareness as far as crossing roads etc, some of this I have overcome and others haven't. 

The positives and the negatives of Dyspraxia. The negatives I have said on other sites on this website a list longer than one's arm even two or more. For eg; chopping veg, straining veg, etc to trying to turn a key in one's front door. As far as the positives are concerned they say we are creative, which from my experience is true, I have more strengths mentally, I cannot think of any physical strengths in me other than doing my best day after at home and even then I am not sure, I just do my best and what I can with not knowing whether it's good enough or not. Mentally my strengths are poetry, short stories, drawing, painting, swimming. I cannot speak for anyone else who faces the same as me, only for myself but by all means, try googling something that people with dyspraxia face. With IT skills that can vary, I have strong and weak IT skills. 


No comments: