Wednesday 8 July 2020

Idea for a awareness disability training business.

 Back in 2009 to 2010, I was supported to set up a small disability awareness business by Mencap, Access to Business, and what was then Employment Pathways, which is now Enable. We were called Access All Areas Now but we had the close because Royal Wolverhampton Mencap was folding due to cut of funding. The reason, why I am writing this report, is business I am want to know if there are people disabilities or who read my blog who have a disability business if so I would most grateful if someone or some people would give me some feedback back on your experience so far, maybe advise, etc.


My business idea is pretty much the same as it was last time but under a different name. This time I will be on my own with a bit of support from Access 2 business.  It will be a learning disability awareness training business and I will ofter to teach those who work or and study in the field of disabilities and other problems such as mental health for example. What will be involved in my plan will be for example what a learning disability is. what disabilities are there. Accessible information, communication, disability aids, and more.

Just to everyone know this is not sure idea as I will be researching and also what would be helpful is feedback off those of you with disabilities and other problems and those who work and study in this field. There is no set time limit as such but if anything says from now to whenever most places open back up again from the coronavirus lockdown such as disability services etc. Just to let you know if this happens it will be under a different name it won't be the same name as it was before, which I am thinking about. Thank you.

No comments: