Saturday 5 March 2016

Unemployment awareness.



Back in 2014, I was reading this morning about the amount of young people out of work who are feeling as if life is not worth living. To me like a lot if not all people this is a very big worry. Many young people are close to suicide because of the lack of employment. I am very upset to hear that 751,230 young feel as if life isn't worth living. One in three 32% have contemplated suicide, one in four 24% have self - harmed themselves, 40% of young people are suffering from being employed and more than 440,000 young people are facing long term unemployment.




Although I have never had proper work myself, which is what I want. As many of you may have read on this site I used to do some work for Royal Wolverhampton Mencap but back in 2007 - 2011. The group Advocacy work project Our Shout, the work I was doing cut back May 2011 put Mencap had supported and someone else with a learning to have our learning disability awareness training business in a year Mencap ran out funding to support us. From the May of 2011 to the December I couldn't find anything else to keep myself going, was heart breaking at the time I was going out of my mind. I do have quite a bit of understand what it's like to be without work and how it can make very depressed it did the same for me. If you would like to contact me on this subject. sarajgorman@gmail.com

There again it's very hard to know the truth because there are many out there who don't want to work as well who make it hard for the ones who want to. You don't have to have disabilities and health problems to need support to find a job and that. Now the government has made cuts on the support people are needed. Even though support is hard to get, there's still good many people who don't do anything to try and get work but that's not everyone. Sadly because it very hard to tell the ones who want to work to the one who don't then more often than not the wrong people get judged. 

Yet it's hard to tell who are the ones who are playing the benefit system just because they don't want to work when they nothing with them at all. I need to be careful how say this because there's drinkers and there's drinkers, there smokers and there's smokers. The people who I mean are the very heavy drinkers and heavy drugs takers who make themselves so unwell so they don't have to work are making it very hard for the ones who really have reasons not to work but want to. 

The British government better not make cuts on counselling services otherwise Anxiety and depression will be rising even higher what it is now, it's serious enough as it is. I guess there are more people suffering from Anxiety and depression since the credit crunch started back 2009, which have hit people in the last five years who had never suffered from mental health before. Depression is a feeling of sadness at any time whether you have a reason to feel that way or not but if you do have a reason, that reason can make you twice as upset than someone who doesn't suffer from depression.

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

Introduction to the update of the 2008 learning disability report and Employment play.

People with disabilities and health problems were starting to be treated better but due to the cuts since 2009, we are not getting as much support as what we should be.
The government is making out there’s support with employment but not enough due to the cuts.  People with disabilities and health problems are accepted to look for work but they are not given enough support to do so.

I understand that these cutbacks are a big worry we want to move forward not backwards and if the government is making a lot of cuts on important things then the country is moving backwards not forwards.
I used to be a Learning Disability MP; I want to see things moving forward not backwards. With people with disabilities and health problems, all of all of us in different ways need support to live our lives equal to other people.
 If this affects you or someone or you know with their permission, I would be I would be interested in peoples' responses to this report. Please email me onsarajgorman@gmail.com.
The employment rate is high anyway; people without disabilities get the same problem but having disabilities give you even more problems. Most people with disabilities are or and have been on the dole for years, training scheme the same boring kind of work for years or even or and doing voluntary work for too many years.



Better support

Confidence building

People with learning disabilities should train others around learning disability awareness.

Support for everyone no matter how big or small.

Employers should create more jobs for people with disabilities.

Most people with disabilities are very creative, why should that be wasted?

Changes need to be changed suit peoples' wants and needs.

Attitudes need to get better.
pended but if the government doesn't spend the money on the right things we will be moving backwards not forwards, which is what no one wants to do.
Someone else's with their permission on sarajgorman@gmail.com if you want.

Things need to change for the better in all issues.
 I use to be a Wolverhampton Learning disability MP for the People's Parliament with many other people with disabilities as Learning Disability MPs.
We don't have the job compliantly the same as the Houses of Parliament. We have only just started our plan is to look out for people with learning disabilities in what they need and want. We have the understanding because have learning disabilities ourselves. In the future we would like to talk people with disabilities to find out their needs and wants, and then tell the government. Like all people the government hasn't got any idea of people's needs and wants, they don't make their to find out than voting, then half the time you don't what your voting for or what you want to vote for isn't there. It's hard to explain because it's so much jargon.
 By finding out in a face to face contact is better than this voting jargon so we want won't do our job until people with disabilities tell us their wants and needs, by giving people choice and control with the right support.
 If you have learning disabilities or and Mental Health Problems please email me your Learning Disability MPs about your needs and want on anything at all. sarajgorman@gmail.com only with your say so I will write on your behave to the Houses of Parliament MPs to make them aware of what you need or and want, I will do my best to make sure you get it.
Now many people with disabilities learned very easy at school, we had to catch up when we left and enrol on the same kind of courses at the colleges for years without jobs at the end of it; a lot of people are saying that this is still going on now. There wasn't enough support, as a Learning Disability Mp I would like to see a lot of support in schools and colleges but Mencap but bought out a report saying a lot of courses for people with disabilities are cutting back.


At the moment the Learning Disabilities MPs are working on employment we want would if you have learning disabilities or and Mental Health Problems we would like to hear about stories and experiences on employment. With your so say you email me on sarajgorman@gmail.com you can tell me and I will tell the other MPs only if you want, I won't if you don't want me to tell. How can we thing good for you if they are bad? How can we make things better if they are good? We are here for you if you want us to help you.

If you read the report on this website that I wrote in 2008 about employment, I disappointed to know that not a lot has changed for people with learning disabilities abed work since then, this is why I want to find out how many people with disabilities are working in Britain. I wrote this 2008 report to tell to my readers that I wrote an Employment play telling people in who work Employment services about our experiences of asking, getting employment and how we have been treated in the work placement.
 We were told the play was a success but we didn't a great of feedback. Someone with disabilities and his employer even did a talk; this employer seemed to be very happy with this person's.
 This shows when it comes to talents society loses out. People with disabilities have been disbelieved for the things we are good at for so long; it's time for non disabled people to see the good in people with disabilities. Many of us can paint, draw, write and etc as much as you so it's time to create new jobs for people with these talents and other abilities too.
Open the doors to the working learning disability world with the right support wherever it is. If you have disabilities and you want to make a start of a creative career, please get in touch with this website called Working parts if you live in the Midlands and Black Country.
WWW.workingparts.co.uk


About me and my work. 
I am Sara Jane Gorman. I was born at the Beeches Nursing home on the Tettenhall road, Friday 24th October 1969. I was born with Mild brain damage at the birth lack of oxygen to the left hand side of my brain. It caused me to have mild learning disabilities; mild Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia and Epilepsy.

 I used to be an Group Advocacy worker for Our Shout supported by Royal Wolverhampton Mencap, LD Awareness trainer,   LD Service User and LD MP. In 2010 I became a Group Support.

I was Self – Employed for a very short time, I had a very small business called Access All Areas Now! I shared with someone else with learning disabilities. We were supported by Mencap and Employment Pathways. We were Learning Disability Awareness trainers. In the end we had very little time, work and services had very little money to support us.  For the last four years I have been a Self - Advocacy worker for Our Shout supported by Royal Wolverhampton Mencap, LD Awareness trainer,   LD Service User and LD MP. In 2010 I became a Group Support.

I was Self – Employed for a very short time, I had a very small business called Access All Areas Now! I shared with someone else with learning disabilities. We were supported by Mencap and Employment Pathways. We were Learning Disability Awareness trainers. In the end we had very little time, work and services had very little money to support us. 

   I used to be a Learning Disability Advocacy worker for 1 Voice Wolverhampton. I used to be an Advocacy worker and Learning Disability awareness trainer for a Self Advocacy group called Our Shout supported by Mencap. No I also used to be a volunteer trainee Employment Co - orator for Royal Wolverhampton Mencap.  I have been given training to the Health students at the University of Wolverhampton, School of Nursing and The Health Care Professions at New Cross hospital Wolverhampton.

I have written this website in hopes of writing book in the field of learning disability and mental health to help professions understand people with these problems. This website is about my ' Life Story' but also to train the government, professions and society about Learning Disability and Autism from the barriers I have had to face with disabilities and health problems just the same and not much different to most other people.

I have been writing short stories and my life story since I was 23, I’m now nearly 47.
 In 1993, I was stopping at my Grandmother’s house; I was very bored because I was recovering from Cancer of the throat. All of a sudden I watched the ten o; clock news with Travel McDonald telling the world that Britain’s care homes were closing down, it up set me very much.
 For some silly reason I was messing around with pen and paper. For some strange reason I started think about the writer Charles Dickens and the work he did orphans in the 1800s.

This inspired to want o read any of Dickens’ work to write about people and animals worse off than myself. I wanted to raise half the money I earn to these charities.  I have had a poem published in each of 11 books. I have had very little support getting my work published due to my disabilities. I have been on a fare few Creative writing courses over the years. In 2009, I went on a Script and Screen course to try to better my writing then I helped out on a project at Penn Hall Special School helping the children to create their own Superheroes. I have also had little report printed in newsletters.

I have found that employers don’t understand learning disability and Mental Health problems. If only they could let us do our job to train them to understand us. Learning Disability Awareness training is what they need, like or not we are the experts and we are the ones to do the job. Sadly not everyone takes notice of the Disability Discrimating Act.  Most employers and the government make mistakes discrimating people with LD and Mental problems. The government spends the money on the wrong things. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting. The government just bores me but I need to fight my rights for learning disability. I am an LD MP if life is hard please contact me on sarajgorman@gmail.com you are welcome if you are a person with LD, family member carer, friend, lover or etc.

Not all people are good with computers but most people LD and Mental problems are.

Not all of us can work to an employer speed but just need the right support to do the jobs quick and right.

We are seen as Health and Safety hazards to society full stop but with the right support we can be supported to be kept safe and healthily. With the right we can be supported to learn Health and Safety.  

I am hoping what is written on this website will be put in a book.

Like all disabilities Autism affects people’s lives different ways. For example there are different kinds of Autism like there are different kinds of disabilities. Two with the same disabilities may cope different. Two people the same Autism may cope different. Except the unexpected.
This book isn’t only written for people with Autism but for people with all disabilities and health problems. This book isn’t just about me as a person with Autism and other like but me as writer. The purpose of this book is to help people with LD and other people understand one another. This book is written for people with disabilities, health problems, carers, families, doctors, teachers, lawyers and etc. It isn’t just about education LD awareness it’s about understanding one another as human beings. I will work my hardest to interest my readers.
If you are working in the field of learning disability and even mental health you will need to learn about Accessible Information. For example; brail and sign language. A lot people with LD and health problems find information in speaking and writing very hard to understand. Too much jargon is very hard for us to cope.

 This website is also linked onto my life story, my family history, which is about me and my disabilities. I started writing my life story 18 years ago. If this gets published I find hard to believe it will in my life time if it does. This will be my first book. I will write about the past, present and what I’d like to see in the future of learning disability. As a Self – Advocacy worker and writer I hope this book will help with LD and Mental Health problems to speak up for ourselves and others like us more.
I hope people will learn about the problems people with LD and health has to face in everyday lives and when people need support and when we don’t. People need to balance between support and independences. Some things in life people with LD can access other things we can’t. Society tells us that there’s a limit of what we can do. For example; college, work, friends, lovers and many that other people need less or no support with. There are 1.5 million people with a learning disability in the UK. Like all of us, they are individuals who want different things in life and need different levels of support.

I will also tell you some history of learning disability. Back in history people who took a long time to learn and do things would be left out.


No comments: