Sunday 4 October 2020

About Autism

 


I forgot what I said in my last book on Autism but if you have read my last book and if I am repeated what I have said already I am sorry.

Most people find Autism to understand because of it being a hidden disability, which is hard to see. I have not been diagnosed due to the time period I was born in. Although some years I asked my GP about the diagnosis of either Autism or Dyspraxia I forget which and she said there is not the funding at the time. If it was Autism, it explains why I find it hard to explain myself. Therefore, I am speaking for those who if not the same others similar to me.

I may well have said before we lack communication and understanding. We can easily misunderstand, which can give people the wrong impression of ourselves.

It can make us feel as if we have not got any choices and control over our lives needs a balance of support and independence.

 

As far as I am aware there are not many services and charities in the Uk for Autism, finding and even now I guess the Coronavirus lockdown may affect the support people need and get for such issues in the life of health, education, employment, help in the home, shopping, housing, personal care, benefits, social lives, etc.

 

 Autism is a developmental disability, and it is there for life.  At least 700’000 people face Autism in the UK and at least a 100 of us have Autism Spectrum.

They say there are 3 forms of Autism but I have tried to research on the interest what the difference is between the three and I may be wrong but for my understanding or misunderstand because I face Autism myself there does not seem to be a great difference between the three, which makes me wonder why there are three forms. These forms are or should be Autism Spectrum, Asperger’s syndrome, and high functioning.   https://www.autism.org.uk/

I am sorry if I confuse the issues, but it is possible that the 3 forms of Autism rolled into 

one according to some of the sites I have researched. I guess we are uncertain, which is correct, which is confusing to everyone.

According to the National Autistic Society website Autism is a spectrum condition. Most people face a number of difficulties link to Autism in different ways.

Some people with Asperger Syndrome have Mental health issues and each person needs different levels of support.

We see the world differently to other people and it is a lifetime condition.

People with Asperger Syndrome face more so Specific learning difficulties than just learning difficulties and have fewer problems with speech but find it hard to understand processing language.


The good news is that there is more awareness of Autism than there used to be. There was handy any Autism awareness in the UK when I was a lot younger and I felt a lot more misunderstood then than I do now but I still feel we have a long way to go in a lot of ways until people with Autism feel equal to everyone else and I am not just saying it for the UK but everywhere.

In all honesty I would guess for those who are diagnosed, which I am not, it helps not only the people who face but others in their lives know what support they need for example, families, parents, teachers, friends, health professional, other processionals etc.


Communication difficulties could be.

v     Facial expressions

v     Tone of voice

v     Joke and Sarcasm

v     Difficultly working out if people are serious or not.

v     Vague or abstract concepts.

 

This could mean they respect what you or and someone says but misunderstood. This could cause misunderstanding on both or either sides. Mainly if you or and someone does not know the person has Autism. However,’ we are all human, we don’t expect people to see everything down to our Autism but having Autism does not help us understand things either. Do not be wrong, every wrongdoing is not caused by Autism or other problems, it is just working out for is and is not. However,’ a lot of us do struggle to how certain things sound and look to others.

 For example, the phase breaks a leg. Which may be misunderstood on either or both sides whether they say it, you say, or if someone else says it.

We are very often misunderstood as the centre of attention which is certainly do not what we expect to be. The way it is known if there has been an understanding if we are not aware of how what they have done and said seems and sounds until someone tell them, which it does click and learn about something may seem and sound to you or someone else, we cannot be sorry enough. 

just working out for is and is not. However,’ a lot of us do struggle to how certain things sound and look to others.

 For example, the phase breaks a leg. Which may be misunderstood on either or both sides whether they say it, you say, or if someone else says it.

We are very often misunderstood as the center of attention which is certainly do not what we expect to be. The way it is known if there has been an understanding if we are not aware of how what they have done and said seems and sounds until someone tell them, which it does click and learn about something may seem and sound to you or someone else, we cannot be sorry enough.

Without making to you think we are the only ones in the world that matters, which is not the case and we wouldn’t like to be seen in that way because we don’t want to be seen as selfish people but yes I admit, the word we could be is thoughtless and not aware of some of our actions etc.

 The point I am trying to make is that a lot of we are sensitive and we will feel bad for not been and not been able to understand to others with otherwise we wouldn’t have said or and done whatever it may be.

However,’ with Autism being hidden your not likely to know who faces it and who does not but we yes, we are all human, we all have good and bad in us and we all have our crosses to bear. 

It affects how the person interacts with people and the world. Life and the world seem and feel different around us than other people, it can be big and confusing to us.

 As well as seeing and feeling different, it is possible we can hear differently too.

 What seems rather small you seem huge to us, which most things may not turn out as big and as bad as what we think. For example say a busy city with a lot of people, where we can get lost if mainly if we haven't been there before but even after that it could take us along time to find our way around but with the right support it is possible for us to get through this. 

No comments: