Saturday 17 October 2020

Making sense of Autism

 I am sorry to admit that there are a lot of sites etc on the interest that have that many different looks of Autism. If you are reading these guys sorry to say but whether you have Autism or not the research is confusing. Without saying I am right or wrong, which is not what it's all about, it's about making it less confusing although yes it is right to be given the right information but I am not saying I know better than anyone else even though I face Autism myself. However' yes sorry to say yes it depends who's writing these searches I do admit. 

Over the last few weeks, I have been writing handouts on this website for doing an Autism PowerPoint, going by my own words and researching from the internet to find most searches are very confusing to find really all types of Autism are pretty much if not the same but similar in the terms of difficulty socializing, communication, easy misunderstood, etc. The positives are that had different ways of thinking such as creativity, research, maths, science, IT, etc. Therefore why don't we make it simple by saying there is mild, moderate, and serve? Without all this high, low functioning, etc. 


We cannot take away the fact that like disabilities and other problems, Autism has other disabilities other problems, etc linked to them. This makes me think this is one of the reasons why we are so different. For example, if you are supporting someone with Autism with careers. It's not a case of just googling jobs for people with Autism and looking at the jobs that come up. Each person may have other disabilities, problems you may need to consider which may or may not affect them from doing whatever job, same with courses too. However' there are other things to consider like the person's interest in the top, their skills, support, and training they need. How much they know, how much don't they? It's handy like they are going to ask for an area they don't anything about or have no interest in. Another thing to consider is health, safety, and capabilities as well. For example, I have Dyspraxia, factory workers would be not the right job for me because of poor motor skills and I am not quick at reacting, etc. 

No comments: