Sunday 11 October 2020

High and low functioning Autism.

 


Sorry to confuse you as I am confused as you probley and they do not make the research easy and as they keep changing it very quickly.  Each site seems to be saying different, layout, etc but that maybe me not quite understanding it as such. This is why I admit sorry I have copied some of the pages of some sites because they are so confusing to write about but I have added links on for you to read the rest, even though I face the disability itself but most are in my own words and my own experience.

Those who face high functioning Autism tend to face Autism Spectrum were they need little with speaking, reading, writing, etc, which this is what I face but then I have always had problems taking in information.

 However,’ over the years in some areas that have improved but not in all. Yet from my experience and it may be the case of others who can read, write, speak, etc.

However,’ I may have times I stutter when I speak which probley can make it hard for others to understand, which may or may not be down to my Dyspraxia. The hard thing is though I will admit is that when people face other problems as well it can be hard to know what could be caused by Autism and what is caused by something else.

 I tend to have problems with social interaction and communication, not in everything but can be unawareness and misunderstanding of what things sound and even seem to others.


What are the levels of autism?

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) maintains a catalog of identified disorders and conditions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders has been used for decades to help doctors compare symptoms and make diagnoses. The newest version, the DSM-5, was released in 2013. This version combined all autism-related conditions under one umbrella term — ASD.

Today, ASD is divided into three levels that reflect severity:

·  Level 1. This is the mildest level of ASD. People at this level generally have mild symptoms that do not interfere too much with work, school, or relationships. This is what most people are referring to when they use the terms high-functioning autism or Asperger’s syndrome.

·  Level 2. People at this level require more support, such as speech therapy or social skills training.

·         Level 3. This is the most severe level of ASD. People at this level require the most support, including full-time aides or intensive therapy in some cases. What are the levels of autism?

·         The American Psychiatric Association (APA) maintains a catalog of identified disorders and conditions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders have been used for decades to help doctors compare symptoms and make diagnoses. The newest version, the DSM-5, was released in 2013. This version combined all autism-related conditions under one umbrella term — ASD.

 


 

 


No comments: