Saturday 10 October 2020

Does Autism run in familieis.

 

Genes seem to affect if a person will develop Asperger’s. Although no one specific gene has been isolated to cause Asperger’s, it is found that the disorder runs in families. ndependent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/dna-changes-could-explain-why-autism-runs-families-according-study-10176749.html

Although there is more risk for younger siblings of a child with Asperger’s to develop the syndrome, the probability of it varies research shows.

In addition, studies showed that if one twin has autism spectrum disorder in identical twins, the other twin may also have the disorder with 36% to 95% chance.


Does Autism run in families? To my experience yes,  although before my oldest Neprew was born I did not think it was possible. Although not sure the family notice in him till he was about two or three. 

I have added a website to this site about whether Autism runs in families as I do not find many sites accessible on the internet but I have tried to look. 

No comments: